What's your White Whale record?

So my white whale finally arrived! 2 years of searching and I luckily managed to grab it. Couldn't wait so I got my gf to send me pics at work.

I normally check any discogs emails I get, mostly its the same stuff from my wantlist that I intend to get around to buying. One email came through literally while I was setting the alarm on my phone to go to sleep at shortly before 1am. Then I noticed this right at the bottom, panicked, went to discogs and bought it straight away. Bearing in mind it had last been sold in December 2013 I imagine it would have went by the morning had I not checked.

The beautiful kicker, was that I got it for £20, so what like $32? For something I probably would've paid serious money for had it come up earlier. I feel like I have won the lottery. On to the next whale!wag6pt.jpg

So my white whale finally arrived! 2 years of searching and I luckily managed to grab it. Couldn't wait so I got my gf to send me pics at work.

I normally check any discogs emails I get, mostly its the same stuff from my wantlist that I intend to get around to buying. One email came through literally while I was setting the alarm on my phone to go to sleep at shortly before 1am. Then I noticed this right at the bottom, panicked, went to discogs and bought it straight away. Bearing in mind it had last been sold in December 2013 I imagine it would have went by the morning had I not checked.

The beautiful kicker, was that I got it for £20, so what like $32? For something I probably would've paid serious money for had it come up earlier. I feel like I have won the lottery. On to the next whale!wag6pt.jpg

Yo I love your nails!! If you have Instagram, join our hashtag #VCPrettyNailsCrew

Congrats on tracking it down! I've been debating whether or not to sell you my copy for a while haha

10257680_833599540037639_461677608997695

10424274_833599570037636_915850990030778

The 13th Floor Elevators - "The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators" -  (1966/first pressing/stereo)

So a dude locally found this for $20. I have a bunch of NOLA soul/funk 45's that I got for free. I've been selling them and I've made $200 from it. I paid $200 for this because it's VG++. But I pretty much got it free because I just transferred the funds to him in paypal. Either way, never thought I would own one. White Whale achieved!  

Currently mine are both Athletics albums: Why aren't I Home and Who You Are is Not Enough. I've yet to see them on the secondary market. 

Quick discogs, both had several sales at the tail end of 2014, with the Ultra Clear w/ Black & White Splatter copy of Why Aren't I Home being sold as recent as Jan 2015. Get your alerts set and I'm sure you'll be able to grab one soon enough.

Quick discogs, both had several sales at the tail end of 2014, with the Ultra Clear w/ Black & White Splatter copy of Why Aren't I Home being sold as recent as Jan 2015. Get your alerts set and I'm sure you'll be able to grab one soon enough

thanks. I'm still learning discogs. here's to hoping. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right now my white whale records are Ted Leo's Shake the Sheets and Tyranny of Distance that aren't going for 200% the Discogs median price.

For real. I've been looking for these at normal prices too. I feel like a year ago you could get them for around $20 and then suddenly you couldn't...

• 4 weeks later...

Fall Out Boy:
From Under the Cork Tree gold /500
Take This to Your Grave camo /500

TTTYG pops up fairly often but that press of FUTCT is nearly impossible to find at this point. I do have FUTCT on black /1000, though, which was a white whale of mine for a couple years.

Also:

Underoath - Define the Great Line