What's your White Whale record?

I'll take the bump as an opportunity to spam my whales again :)

Undertow - Stalemate 7" Test Pressing - Excursion Records (Seattle, WA) 1993

Undertow - Control 7" Test Pressing - Overkill Records (Seattle, WA) 1994

Since I finally tracked down a copy of the Undertow/Struggle split 7" testing pressing, these are the last two I need to complete the collection 100%, aside from random sleeve variants of the Struggle split.

Highly doubt I'll ever get a hold of these through here, but hey... it's worth a shot. Not even those guys who ran those labels had copies last time I asked, so who knows where they are. 

3 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

I was lucky enough to win a complete collection of 15 Dirty Nil 7" records in a charity raffle for Black Lives Matter.

I now have all six record club singles, the limited variants of No Weaknesses and Little Metal Baby Fist, plus the rest of their 7" records. So many white whales!

Now if I could track down a teal copy of Higher Power....

Damn I entered that too...congrats on winning! That’s a super cool haul!

Caspian Dust and Disquiet, On Circles, and Waking Season test presses. Triple Crown test presses are always a pain to get a hold of. I have the one for Hymn. Really that’s all I need to have a complete including test presses Caspian collection. Not too stressed about it though. Was hoping TC would put up some recently.  

Also, Texas Is The Reason’s Do You Know Who You Are? on white vinyl /92. 

Was fortunate enough to get ahold of both of mine just earlier this year: Persona 5 6xLP and the Batman: The Animated Series box-set from Mondo.

Now I’m currently after the Life is Strange soundtrack and the Street Fighter 2 box-set.

Edited by Rip

Last I posted here was 2015... but it looks like I acquired the whale I posted, hahaha.

I can't remember when I acquired this one but it's pretty rare and I'm happy to own:

Black Iris - "Welcome to Bright Falls" I've only seen 6 in existence. https://www.discogs.com/Black-Iris-Welcome-To-Bright-Falls/release/7151118

I guess now... I'm hunting for the test presses for:

Artifex Pereo - Time In Place

Artifex Pereo - Passengers

The 7" test press of Vow's album Make Me Young. I reached out to the band, but none were willing to sell. I have every variant of every release, except for that one.

Edit: Found out that they only made two test presses, one for each member of the band. Both are keeping their copy for sentimental value. No way will I ever get a copy (unless one becomes beyond desperate for money). My ultimate white whale I suppose. 

Edited by Billich0986

22 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Just won a test press of Texas Is The Reason - S/T 7”. Really fucking stoked on that as only 5 are going out into the wild. I think I had something like a 3% chance of winning (guessing from the sales). Now I need to find their LP on white. 

HOLY SHIT u won!!

that's amazing.  

congrats. 

good luck on the white.  I just got mine and I have been looking for it for like 10+ years.

2 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

HOLY SHIT u won!!

that's amazing.  

congrats. 

good luck on the white.  I just got mine and I have been looking for it for like 10+ years.

Thanks, man! I've been slowly working on my TITR collection, and I think it's a sign to keep going. And Norman said he is gonna sign it for me, so I'm hyped on that.

Oh hell yah! That's awesome. Where did you end up finding it? My buddy had one and ended up selling it for like $20 when the RPs came out. Haha. I was looking through your IG last week actually, seeing so many grails. Your collection is killer. The Black Flag, Minor Threat, Quicksand, Nirvana, Green Day, and TMR made me say "whaaaaat" repeatedly. I can imagine all the hard work that went into your collection.

20 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Thanks, man! I've been slowly working on my TITR collection, and I think it's a sign to keep going. And Norman said he is gonna sign it for me, so I'm hyped on that.

Oh hell yah! That's awesome. Where did you end up finding it? My buddy had one and ended up selling it for like $20 when the RPs came out. Haha. I was looking through your IG last week actually, seeing so many grails. Your collection is killer. The Black Flag, Minor Threat, Quicksand, Nirvana, Green Day, and TMR made me say "whaaaaat" repeatedly. I can imagine all the hard work that went into your collection.

ha thank you!! 

yeah it's been a bit crazy the last ten years, collecting all my white whales...

I found the white on discogs believe it or not.  it was at a shop in the city.  haha  

anyway, I have been looking for YEARS!