What's your White Whale record?

On 7/18/2020 at 12:05 AM, dynamitekid said:

If this didn’t come as part of my Evan Weiss full discography id sell you my copy right now.  It was a pain in the ass to get a hold of (about six Years ago) but if I can do it so can you.

Just now, isavedlatin54 said:

If this didn’t come as part of my Evan Weiss full discography id sell you my copy right now.  It was a pain in the ass to get a hold of (about six Years ago) but if I can do it so can you.

I've been hunting one for a while cuz I have a complete Jeff Rosenstock collection otherwise so it's definitely a hassle for all parties involved

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 4:08 PM, unravelled said:

mine as well.  had front row seats for this version of Hopefully and have been a roll call member since the beginning .  so frustrating... 

Right?! I wasn’t at that show, but as someone who owns literally every other record of theirs, it bothers me to no end. 

On 7/17/2020 at 7:34 PM, thepunkguy said:

ha thank you!! 

yeah it's been a bit crazy the last ten years, collecting all my white whales...

I found the white on discogs believe it or not.  it was at a shop in the city.  haha  

anyway, I have been looking for YEARS!

Are you interested in selling anything in your collection? Particularly after the US 1991 Nevermind.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally nabbed one of my white whales Via discogs - this Springsteen Nebraska tribute with songs from The Wooden Sky and Strand of Oaks. Not highly sought after, I don’t think, but I missed out on it the only other time I’ve seen one for sale. Didn’t miss it this time. 

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Long-Distance-Salvation-A-Tribute-To-Bruce-Springsteens-Nebraska/release/4340601

Maybe top of the lits for the time being...

• Textures  "Silhouettes"  on either GOLD or Gold/Black Mix.
  • Like a few other ones on this list, I have purchased this only to receive the wrong LP in the mail. Sigh....
  •  
  • Veil of Maya's "ID", first pressing(s).
  • I have purchased this THREE TIMES and have had each and every one fall through for one reason or another.
  • So.... maybe someday...

some "grey whales" aka runner ups....

(I would buy any of these at the RIGHT price... under $100)

• Slipknot's "Vol.3 Subliminal Verses"  on Clear or some colored LP
  •  
  • Polyphia's "Muse" --> Indegogo First Pressing x/80
  •  
  • AFI's "Sing the Sorrow"  --> red vinyl
  •  
  • Every Time I Die's  "New Junk Aesthetic" --> Pink Vinyl

Thankfully this list has shortened up as a few things have been repressed lately.

• 4 weeks later...

At this point, it's the tour edition of Less Than Jake's Smoke Spot 7". I don't think I've ever seen it listed on discogs or eBay.

On the plus side, I was recently able to add a couple of super hard to find LTJ records thankfully. Found a tour version of their Crash Course 7", and the 2x7" Kemuri split version. Was blown away they didn't cost me an arm and a leg, though not exactly cheap either haha.

Getting rare horror soundtracks is cool, but in many instances, I only play them a couple times and then just would rather have the money. Finding a Japanese pressing of this with the OBI is proving very difficult.

spacer.png

Edited by somethingvinyl

1 hour ago, thetrackt said:

DONUTS N’ GLORY - WHEN PREGNASAURS RULED THE EARTH LP

(Liberation Records  - 1996)

pls dm me if you have leads on this!

Been looking for one for years. 

There was one on Discogs, as of last night, someone must’ve bought it today. I’m stupid, I should’ve bought it 🤦‍♀️

4 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Been looking for one for years. 

There was one on Discogs, as of last night, someone must’ve bought it today. I’m stupid, I should’ve bought it 🤦‍♀️

Actually that was me - after making this post I searched quick and saw it there for $60. Literally have never seen it on there before so I figured the asking price is well worth it. Sorry to scoop it up I know how rare it is but that album has been in constant rotation for me since the 90s! it will be so surreal to have it on vinyl - hopefully you find it somewhere soon!

1 hour ago, thetrackt said:

Actually that was me - after making this post I searched quick and saw it there for $60. Literally have never seen it on there before so I figured the asking price is well worth it. Sorry to scoop it up I know how rare it is but that album has been in constant rotation for me since the 90s! it will be so surreal to have it on vinyl - hopefully you find it somewhere soon!

Oh hell yeah! Ahhh nah, it’s all good.

I had asked the person selling it what condition the jacket was in, when they put it up, about 6 weeks ago, and I had that much time to jump on it. They didn’t respond and I didn’t want a funky copy for $60. Plus I didn’t really have too

much money to splurge. But I came into some cash this week, checked it out last night, and was too drunk to pull the trigger. Glad you came up. It’ll show up on Discogs or eBay about 1-3 times a year, from anywhere from. $25-$80. I’ll get it one day haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 2:47 PM, mitchard said:

I'll take the bump as an opportunity to spam my whales again :)

Undertow - Stalemate 7" Test Pressing - Excursion Records (Seattle, WA) 1993

Undertow - Control 7" Test Pressing - Overkill Records (Seattle, WA) 1994

Since I finally tracked down a copy of the Undertow/Struggle split 7" testing pressing, these are the last two I need to complete the collection 100%, aside from random sleeve variants of the Struggle split.

Highly doubt I'll ever get a hold of these through here, but hey... it's worth a shot. Not even those guys who ran those labels had copies last time I asked, so who knows where they are. 

spacer.png

Well, finally snagged one of them. Only took around 15 years of active hunting, but the Stalemate test is in hand! Somebody in CA found it in a record shop years ago, and has had it since. 

On 7/18/2020 at 12:05 AM, dynamitekid said:

On 7/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, isavedlatin54 said:

On 7/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, DecayToDeath said:

I've been hunting one for a while cuz I have a complete Jeff Rosenstock collection otherwise so it's definitely a hassle for all parties involved

On 8/4/2020 at 4:23 PM, Charles Barkley said:

Right?! I wasn’t at that show, but as someone who owns literally every other record of theirs, it bothers me to no end. 

Maybe it's time for a repress @scottheisel 😅 Seems this is the last thing on a lot of completions lists. May be a better chance of the The Swellers reunited though...