What's your White Whale record?

• 11 months later...
4 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Damn, really regretting not buying a copy when it was released. Crazy how much they go for on the second hand market 

Same. I entirely missed the original release. I got mine for $40, which isn't great...but really isn't that bad for something so limited and out of print/unlikely to ever see another pressing. The only other one I even had a chance at went for 75.

10 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Damn, really regretting not buying a copy when it was released. Crazy how much they go for on the second hand market 

10 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Same. I entirely missed the original release. I got mine for $40, which isn't great...but really isn't that bad for something so limited and out of print/unlikely to ever see another pressing. The only other one I even had a chance at went for 75.

why don't you guys buy the lathe that's limited to 50 that's up..  I mean it's 50 bucks but that seems like a good deal for something that's limited to like 18.

On 7/13/2020 at 2:47 PM, mitchard said:

I'll take the bump as an opportunity to spam my whales again :)

Undertow - Stalemate 7" Test Pressing - Excursion Records (Seattle, WA) 1993

Undertow - Control 7" Test Pressing - Overkill Records (Seattle, WA) 1994

Since I finally tracked down a copy of the Undertow/Struggle split 7" testing pressing, these are the last two I need to complete the collection 100%, aside from random sleeve variants of the Struggle split.

Highly doubt I'll ever get a hold of these through here, but hey... it's worth a shot. Not even those guys who ran those labels had copies last time I asked, so who knows where they are. 

Ok, it's been two years. Time to update haha.

I finally acquired a copy of the Stalemate test last year! Randomly, someone commented on the main release on Discogs, saying they had one to sell. Got lucky!

Still need this to wrap things up:

Undertow - Control 7" Test Pressing - Overkill Records (Seattle, WA) 1994

27 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

why don't you guys buy the lathe that's limited to 50 that's up..  I mean it's 50 bucks but that seems like a good deal for something that's limited to like 18.

Didn't realize that was a thing, but also not into lathe cuts.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

3 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

yeah I get that.  I have one and I think it sounds pretty good for one but understand ..

Oof, even the description of the one for sale: this is a lathe cut record, pressing quality reflects this and skips in a spot or two (ATLP140XP w/ an Ortofon Blue) all inserts included

20 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Oof, even the description of the one for sale: this is a lathe cut record, pressing quality reflects this and skips in a spot or two (ATLP140XP w/ an Ortofon Blue) all inserts included

OH oooof.  stay away!!  hahaha