What's your White Whale record?

Spent years trying to find Texas Is The Reason "Do You Know Who You Are?" on white, then two popped up on ebay in the span of about 3 weeks. I offered the first guy an obscene amount of money, and he didn't take it. It sold for less than that. Luckily for me, the second one was up by that point, and the seller sold it to me off ebay for much less than the $175 the previous one sold for.

Now...... I guess some random End of a Year records that were exclusive to a Euro tour a few years back.

It was Your Favorite Weapon, but I got that for my birthday

Would love to have a Record Release Show copy of The Wonder Years - The Upsides

The last one I saw went for 130..so I don't see that happening any time soon...

I would kill for a copy of their Leavenhouse 11:30 7" though....(sigh)

Oh yeah...and a copy of The Ataris - Anywhere But Here

like 12 years ago i saw a copy of the meat puppets' s/t debut at a local record store for like $8 or something and passed it up because i hadn't heard it at that point. turns out it's one of my favorite records ever and i've been looking for a copy forever. i don't do the whole ebay thing at all and i don't spend more than $15 or so on used lps as a rule, but i finally got a copy today.

That record is amazing! They also made thousands of them so it isn't expensive or that hard to find really, especially considering its age.

Now you just have to find a copy of it on red vinyl. That's the tough one!

yeah like i said, i don't really do the ebay thing, etc... i was just waiting for one to find me. i really don't care to find another, even if it is red. i have my copy. let someone else have the red one.

like 12 years ago i saw a copy of the meat puppets' s/t debut at a local record store for like $8 or something and passed it up because i hadn't heard it at that point. turns out it's one of my favorite records ever and i've been looking for a copy forever. i don't do the whole ebay thing at all and i don't spend more than $15 or so on used lps as a rule, but i finally got a copy today.

the harder one to find is Forbidden Places, which took me forever to track down a copy... like most late 90's alt rock vinyl... low print runs and mainly from overseas labels.

White whale: The Lawrence Arms - Buttsweat & Tears on clear purple vinyl /100 - The fact that I was about the 115th in queue doesn't make it less annoying that I didn't get one...

Found: Snuff - Reach test pressing with different mix.

I got two at the show. But I sold one and traded one. Would like to have one of them back.

White whale: The Lawrence Arms - Buttsweat & Tears on clear purple vinyl /100 - The fact that I was about the 115th in queue doesn't make it less annoying that I didn't get one...

I had one in my hand at a show, didn't check it, put it down and grabbed a TBR another way splatter and went on my way. found out the next day they were selling purple ones...DOH!

the harder one to find is Forbidden Places, which took me forever to track down a copy... like most late 90's alt rock vinyl... low print runs and mainly from overseas labels.

Aint that the truth, Flood. (This is Jeff McD btw). Speaking of white whales and 90's vinyl, I FINALLY scored a copy of Mule - If I Don't Six on Ebay yesterday after offering the dude 28 bucks. I havent seen this freakin thing on vinyl on any american sites, so Im pretty stoked.....But my true white sperm whale is All - Pummel

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man, but I think you guys have to aim a little higher or reevaluate what the definition of a "white whale" record is.

"white whale" = I'M NEVER GOING TO FUCKING FIND IT.

You know the whole Moby Dick, search your lifetime, all consuming, tortured soul thing? Yeah, that. Anything else is just a want list.

Have a great day.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man, but I think you guys have to aim a little higher or reevaluate what the definition of a "white whale" record is.

"white whale" = I'M NEVER GOING TO FUCKING FIND IT.

You know the whole Moby Dick, search your lifetime, all consuming, tortured soul thing? Yeah, that. Anything else is just a want list.

Have a great day.

Just to let you know, Captain Ahab has had a run in with the white whale before. Bit his leg off, wrecked his ship, vowed revenge, you know, the whole point to the book. So Yeah, I think they can have a white whale of a record that others have seen(as moby dick was seen by others and killed another captains son in the sinking of another vessel). Maybe you should know your Melville stories beofre you start saying what his sayings mean. ::)

Mine isnt even a record, its a split cd that H2O put out in Japan with Dropkick Murphys on the other half. Never seen it in a store, online, on ebay, anywhere. Just remember H2O had it posted on their huge discography on their site back in 2000 or so.
A dude sold 2 copies of this on eBay a few months back. They went for like 9.99 each. I remember one had the OBI strip and one didn't.

New Frontiers - Mending....I can't find a single person/or store selling this record. I had asked for it for Christmas last year, and when i didn't get it i went to buy it, but it was no longer available.

Glad I got one of these when they went up right away. The jacket for this is pretty cool.