What's your White Whale record?

Those /1 and /2 Discos would be nice as well haha. They'll be the only stuff I have no chance of getting my hands on when it comes to finishing the Disco collection down the road. The test wont be easy either me thinks.

yeah the disco test press was definitely the hardest of all the No Idea ones for me to get.. i dont think theres nearly as many as the other two 7"

What are the numbers on the others anyways? Thats one thing I havent been able to get a straight answer on.

archers of loaf - icky mettle

I would love to have Icky Mettle but not so much that it's my "white whale."

I guess mine would be Saves The Day - I'm Sorry I'm Leaving on all colors. I have white but there is also pink, red, black test & a black/white transition. I've seen the pink for sale before but never the other three.

Also their record Under The Boards was pressed in like 10+ colors including a starburst which I think would be cool. But I don't love that record enough to track them all down.

i just put a few in my sig.

but a good mention thats not in there is Jimmy Eat World - Static Prevails.

not a hard find on ebay but damn expensive.

i'd rather find one in a used bin in a store where the owner doesnt know it's value, but due to their current popularity, that may have become impossible.

• 4 weeks later...
I just snagged a copy of the Mountain Goat's Songs for Peter Hughes 7" on red. Been chasing it for years.

Oh man. Super jealous!

Mine is Andrew Jackson Jihad/Partners in 818-Split. Dying to have one...willing to pay. I mean PAY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150566029118&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Deftones - Adrenaline promo LP (black vinyl)

my friend has a copy but i never see them on ebay. if so, the price is ridiculous. i'm tempted to get one of the Adrenaline picture discs even these days but those are high priced as well. Maverick really needs to press all their stuff, they'd make a killing.

Far - In The Aisle Yelling/Seasick 7"

i don't know why it's so hard to find. with all the new interest in Far, i've been hoping it'd pop up more. last copy i saw/noticed went for $80+ though. i'm not that interested.

not really white whales (as in "impossible to find"), just things i want and don't want to pay out the ass for.

Elliott- False Cathedrals burgundy press...every time I see this pop up online, very rarely, it goes for the price of a small car. I would even go for the black press but those never last either. vinyljunkie had one I was watching til payday but of course someone snagged it. some day *sigh*

Elliott- False Cathedrals burgundy press...every time I see this pop up online, very rarely, it goes for the price of a small car. I would even go for the black press but those never last either. vinyljunkie had one I was watching til payday but of course someone snagged it. some day *sigh*

$35-$55 has been the going rate over the past few auctions on ebay.