What's your White Whale record?

I've been looking for a copy of The Bird and The Bee's self-titled album for a long, long time. I've only seen it for sale once, and it was on eBay for $20. Somehow, I didn't have enough money at the time, and I get angry at myself every time I listen to it. Such a shame, because it's an amazing album.

I really want that album.

Bracken - Eno About The Need. One copy in existence.

Out of stuff that is really expensive (as per quite a few things in this thread), Shellac - The Futurist would be amazing to own.

I guess the tigers jaw record I need, though I'm just not willing to pay out my ass for it since I haven't had to for any of their others releases.

Otherwise, beware of safety - dogs - tour version, which I suppose I'll get down the road if they ever make it to the northwest...

I don't even know which one this was at the time, but I'm 100% complete, so no biggie either way :)

GLACIERS "And the Sea Won the Battle" (LTD. White pressing)

Thought I had it coming my way when I payed jgreenlawjr, turns out, that kid a cock face and tried to rip me off.

Still looking!

I had good luck with the guy, shoulda bought a lottery ticket that day

I've been looking for a copy of The Bird and The Bee's self-titled album for a long, long time. I've only seen it for sale once, and it was on eBay for $20. Somehow, I didn't have enough money at the time, and I get angry at myself every time I listen to it. Such a shame, because it's an amazing album.

I really want that album.

You and me are searching for the same album, i saw that listing but i think i was too late to bid. i've only seen it on sale once last year.

I had two white whales for the longest before finally catching one.

Pavement - Slay Tracks (1933-1969)     1000 pressed in 1990 hand numbered

Now just

The Microphones - Blood

I don't think I'll ever find this one...

I found this on ebay with an 18 dollar buy-it-now a few years back. I still can hardly believe it.

Hmmm gonna have to put some thought in as I have most of the stuff I was after....... probably the original pressing of Boards Of Canada - Twoism on Music70, 100 copies made in 1995 whenever the come up for sale they usually sell for upwards of £500 if in Mint condition, there is also a copy of it floating about that is a test pressing which Chris Home gave to someone as a Christmas present signed by himself Marcus and Michael with Merry Xmas written in thick red marker on the front!

• 1 month later...

If a record readily exists out there it's not your white whale. The white whale is that one record you'd do anything for. Mine is the ghost world 7" of Jaan Pechechan ho. I've never ever seen it for sale anywhere. It eludes me, making it like moby dick. It can be a record that keeps escaping you, but I think a white whale is supposed to be super rare.

I've been pretty lucky with my white whale records, but my ultimate white whale is in fact a CD (which I know the thread title does not call for.) I've only ever seen it on eBay twice, once as a completed listing about three years ago and the other a few days ago. The first time it went for about £8 and I was beyond gutted that I'd been away in Italy so hadn't seen it listed. Then there's: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140934317401?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

There's big harpoons and then there's this. :(

I've been pretty lucky with my white whale records, but my ultimate white whale is in fact a CD (which I know the thread title does not call for.) I've only ever seen it on eBay twice, once as a completed listing about three years ago and the other a few days ago. The first time it went for about £8 and I was beyond gutted that I'd been away in Italy so hadn't seen it listed. Then there's: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140934317401?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

There's big harpoons and then there's this. :(

Do people actually pay anything near that much for that Earthsuit CD?  I have a friend who is a big fan of them who might have it.

Do people actually pay anything near that much for that Earthsuit CD?  I have a friend who is a big fan of them who might have it.

Nope, I shouldn't have thought so, but then this is only the second time I've ever seen it. That'd be awesome if your friend did have it and wanted to sell (or trade: I have a good deal of rare MUTEMATH stuff too). Cheeky to ask, but find out if they have Noise For Your Eyes too? It's another white whale - I've never, ever seen that one.

Nope, I shouldn't have thought so, but then this is only the second time I've ever seen it. That'd be awesome if your friend did have it and wanted to sell (or trade: I have a good deal of rare MUTEMATH stuff too). Cheeky to ask, but find out if they have Noise For Your Eyes too? It's another white whale - I've never, ever seen that one.

I'll definitely ask him about both.  He'll most likely be home for Easter this weekend so I'll do my best to remember.