What's your White Whale record?

I'd have to say my most unrealistic whale is the early Jack White project called The Upholsterers. 100 or so 7's in a clear sleeve hidden in furniture they upholstered. Not one has been found

If this one is different than what you're describing, and it seems so, I can't fathom what it would go for.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=+Upholsterers&x=19&y=11

If this one is different than what you're describing, and it seems so, I can't fathom what it would go for.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=+Upholsterers&x=19&y=11

The one I'm talking about is a clear record in a clear sleeve they inserted in 100 (I could be wrong about numbers) couches and furniture. You would literally have to cut open a couch to find it and non of them have been found

The one I'm talking about is a clear record in a clear sleeve they inserted in 100 (I could be wrong about numbers) couches and furniture. You would literally have to cut open a couch to find it and non of them have been found

This seems very interesting. Any links to where I can read more about this release? 

Your definition is wrong. Therefore your common sense is uncommon.

This guy!

Definition according to the OP:

"what is the one record that you want the most but have been unable to find whether it's due to price, hasn't been pressed, or other reasons."

So I'll probably just go with that as opposed to what you've decided to tell everyone the definition is. 

I think mine would be the Chilmark "Mosiac"/"The King"/"Shadow" 7". They were a band from a couple towns over when I was in high school, so this must have come out in... 1993? I had a copy of this and it disappeared freshman year of college when I brought it to the radio station to play on my show and it grew legs when a bunch of non-station people happened to be around.

Every time I search for it on the interwebs, all I can find is their other 7", Driftwood. I'm pretty sure both were /500 so it's weird that only the Driftwood 7" seems to pop up on tradelists/distros/whatever and never the Mosiac 7".

Anyway, pretty sure I'll never see this again ever. Though if I ever do, it'll probably be cheap because no one has ever heard of this band. If I see the Driftwood 7" show up somewhere it's usually $4 or $5.

I've never been a jack white fan...but that is so rad. I bet some of them have been found, but just dismissed as garbage. Just imagine if you found one...jesus.

The worst part is that Jack said he "has an idea where a few are." I think he needs to tell me where a few are so I can be content

Definition according to the OP:

"what is the one record that you want the most but have been unable to find whether it's due to price, hasn't been pressed, or other reasons."

So I'll probably just go with that as opposed to what you've decided to tell everyone the definition is. 

Obviously, you're living your life by your own definitions; everybody does. But the OP, too, was incorrect in defining a 'white whale.' A white whale isn't something not pressed, nor is it something pressed that costs $50.

jakob - erfo 7"

200 pressed in '00 by crawlspace records in new zealand. never seen one for sale. been looking for 4 years, every single day.

I've contacted the band, people that helped record the album, the owner of the label and his brother, and all 8 people who have it on discogs.

no one will sell it. actually, user awesomeo4000 got one last year. not sure how, but he's an aussie so I'm sure his chances were better anyway.

at this point I'm willing to pay or trade nearly anything for it.

this is a white fucking whale.