What's your White Whale record?

I'm familiar with Moby Dick. My point is that I just think the term is being used loosely and I didn't see anything wrong with that. 

To be honest, I think I'm just taking some frustration with the forum as a whole out on you. I've tried to work myself in here little by little since I joined, but it gets hard to ignore a lot of the snide remarks, corrects and judgement that go on here for seemingly no reason. 

It takes a while for the forum to be accepting.

this was on ebay last month. i just missed getting it. tried to bid 75 pounds on it at the last few seconds but was about literally 1 seconds late. needless to say it ruined my day.

im glad your bid did not happen, it would have just driven the price up. 75 pounds would not have won!!. this piece I am pretty sure is the only one in existence. I spoke with 2 kids years ago in germany who did the label they said all their stuff had been thrown out or destroyed and this one was sold to a uk kid in 05 right when it was pressed. 

another one for me would be a promo 2lp of rob dougans furious angels, or a selection of songs from it, anyway

never ever seen one for sale, doubted its existence until i saw pictures of it recently

its the only pressing of the album on vinyl so it'd be rad to get

this is one of my white whales as well. i wish the entire album had a proper pressing, but i'd settle for the promo.

another one for me would be a promo 2lp of rob dougans furious angels, or a selection of songs from it, anyway

never ever seen one for sale, doubted its existence until i saw pictures of it recently

D:

I guess I'm adding this to my white whale list too...

I wish I could give you a ribbon or something for being familiar with Dougan's work.  You're probably the only other user I've seen on VC who's even heard of him.

I wish I could give you a ribbon or something for being familiar with Dougan's work.  You're probably the only other user I've seen on VC who's even heard of him.

Everyone has HEARD him, just not many are familiar I guess... I'm going to have to blow the dust off my CD, forgot about him for about 5 years, used to listen to that album on repeat.

it will get a proper pressing eventually im sure of it. its perfect for wax

I somehow doubt that. It's a perfect album and has long been one of my favourites, but he can't even get together a follow-up after more than 11 years, let alone repress his old album. Here's to hoping though!

The first record I thought was a white whale was Methadone's 21st Century Powerpop Riot. But eventually it came up for sale.

Then Screeching Weasel Happy Horny Gay Sassy.. But I've actually bought/sold this twice and currently have my 3rd copy.

OK, so it had to be Balzac's Inside My Eyes single on green, limited to 20. The glow in the dark version was limited to 666. Nope, someone sold it to me 2 weeks ago.

Then it was Misfits Earth AD on colored vinyl. Nope, got 2 of these in private deals.

I guess it's Boogada on clear. I used to think I'd never get a copy (limited to 50?) but then Recess sold them for $10. But I sold mine for $15 in a collection purge. So here I am, checking eBay a few times a day waiting for one to pop up. But it will eventually, they all do.

I don't think much of the concept of a white whale. If you want a record, start hunting. 

Why do I hate every single post you write?

OK, I'll tell you.

I'm opinionated, critical, like great discussions but also horse around in them, post the occasional out-of-the-box thread, shill bid in the past, try to raise the packaging standard, and sting with passive aggressiveness.