What's your White Whale record?

For some time it was Life's Blood Defiance 7" on combined effort with red labels. I shat the bed on some earlier auctions and when one came up recently i went on a bidding war - paying 2x as much as the last auction. I was kind of busy with work, so it was a 1 1/2 months before i really took a good look and spin it.... and one of the panels of the sleeve was cut out and there were some nice scratches on one side. good times indeed.

at the moment.

HWM - No Division LP (white wax on Some)

or

Crucial Youth - Straight and Loud 7" on yellow - it may or may not even exist.

Crucial Youth - Straight and Loud 7" on yellow - it may or may not even exist.

It does. I have one (and also a blue one and a black one)

oh i have heard only whispers, but have never seen one. Do you know any info on on the yellow press or any other colors (besides blue and black)? Krishna Jain told me there might be a clear one too. Do you have a pic available?

I picked up a blue one a few years ago and got a black one back in the day. I was also lucky enough to score a Crucial Yule test press.

If you are even remotely interested parting with it let me know. lets talk.

Mine right now would be 30 Seconds to Mars - Beautiful Lie. I can't find a copy of this anywhere. I can't believe how hard this is to find.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1779418&ev=rb

I got a copy on Amazon right after I made my post. I guess my new one is now Dashboard Confessional - Places you have come....

Small Dog Frenzy 2nd 7"

Don't even know if it has a title, I've never even seen a copy. SDF was an old Denver band. Pre-Acrobat Down if you're keeping track.

I have their 1st and 3rd 7"'s, along with their CD full length. The 2nd one has proven elusive time and time again. Even when a friend of mine did a recording for one of the dudes that used to be in the band, I still was not able to procure a copy.

Someone. Anyone. Send me your copy.

Also: Spoke "seratonin" is quite the scarcity.

It does. I have one (and also a blue one and a black one)

oh i have heard only whispers, but have never seen one. Do you know any info on on the yellow press or any other colors (besides blue and black)? Krishna Jain told me there might be a clear one too. Do you have a pic available?

I picked up a blue one a few years ago and got a black one back in the day. I was also lucky enough to score a Crucial Yule test press.

Those 3 were the only colors and the sleeve for the yellow one was slightly different than the black and blue ones. Jim from CY once told me what the yellow ones were pressed for but it has been so many years I can't remember the story he told me.

Sorry, I'll never part with it. I also have the original Crucial Youth demo tape too that they did before the 7"

Those 3 were the only colors and the sleeve for the yellow one was slightly different than the black and blue ones. Jim from CY once told me what the yellow ones were pressed for but it has been so many years I can't remember the story he told me.

Sorry, I'll never part with it. I also have the original Crucial Youth demo tape too that they did before the 7"

If you get a chance to take a pic i would love to see it. Also, if you are ever looking to sell or trade please let me know. i will more than happy to make an offer. From what i remember 100 were pressed on blue and maybe close to 1000 were on black

the united way demo - a nice score. i have also seen at least one tape only comp (of jersey bands). I do have a sealed tape of the posi-machine.

here's a pic of CY records minus the blue cover a gig too far. or not if it didn't post.

Sometime back in the early 90s Krishna (i believe) told me that there was some unreleased CY material. There was going to be a

Crucial Youth vs. Crucial Death Split. You can see the name Crucial Death spray painted on the wall on the cover of the We're and an American Band 7" I want this.

http://www.vinylnoize.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/11.converge2.jpg

Pretty much that. It has proven to be ridiculously elusive, even when I have the adequate funds in my bank account.

Maybe one day.

I have this. I only ordered 1 copy of this album too....got super lucky!

Nice! I never luck out with rare variants, but I'm waiting for a lucky break. Someday. Perhaps.

If you ever find yourself in a financial pinch, or simply become interested in constructing a tuxedo out of $10 bills, please drop me a PM.

There are a couple I haven't been able to find after years of searching, but this is my #1 still:

Undertow - Stalemate 7" Test Press /5

Only given to the band. I bought most of the other tests from the drummer, but he didnt have that one so I am back on the hunt. Nobody else in the band wants to sell their copies either :\

Those /1 and /2 Discos would be nice as well haha. They'll be the only stuff I have no chance of getting my hands on when it comes to finishing the Disco collection down the road. The test wont be easy either me thinks.

Juno - Future Lived In Past Tense - LPx2

Husker Du - In A Free Land - 7"

:-/ :( :-/ :-[

I have a copy of that Husker Du single for trade. Check out my wantlist on my site for an idea of stuff I'm after. That or I may entertain the idea of selling it if the offer is too good to pass up on vs saving the single for trade purposes.

Those /1 and /2 Discos would be nice as well haha. They'll be the only stuff I have no chance of getting my hands on when it comes to finishing the Disco collection down the road. The test wont be easy either me thinks.

yeah the disco test press was definitely the hardest of all the No Idea ones for me to get.. i dont think theres nearly as many as the other two 7"