What's your White Whale record?

Mastodon - Crack The Skye [green with red splatter]

They were supposed to have this on the Spring 2010 tour, which I traveled 15+ hours by car to attend. I went to two different dates and they didn't have the records at either date. AND THEY WERE THE FIRST TWO DATES.

This is news to me. Only color version of CTS I know of is the first press gold/red swirl.

Mastodon - Crack The Skye [green with red splatter]

They were supposed to have this on the Spring 2010 tour, which I traveled 15+ hours by car to attend. I went to two different dates and they didn't have the records at either date. AND THEY WERE THE FIRST TWO DATES.

This is news to me. Only color version of CTS I know of is the first press gold/red swirl.

it's out there...

[image]

• 1 year later...

I've been into the Smashing Pumpkins lately, I really want a copy of "Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness"  but I'm not willing to drop 60 + shipping to get it from amazon, I know that's cheap for this album but not cheap for me. That or a copy of the Unicorn's "Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?".

If a record readily exists out there it's not your white whale. The white whale is that one record you'd do anything for. Mine is the ghost world 7" of Jaan Pechechan ho. I've never ever seen it for sale anywhere. It eludes me, making it like moby dick. It can be a record that keeps escaping you, but I think a white whale is supposed to be super rare.

Allo Darlin - Henry Rollins Don't Dance 7" /300 - http://www.discogs.com/Allo-Darlin-Henry-Rollins-Dont-Dance/release/2071160

Never seen one for sale, not one on Popsike or Collectors Frenzy either. The only time ive seen it was on a sale list here on the VC board... but was listed by mistake and held on to.

Bloody record collecting... gotta catch 'em all! Its part of the fun i guess!!

The other is Life Without Buildings - Any Other City. Its popped up about 3 times on ebay since ive started to seek it out and ive just been outbid right at the end of auction... all though i tried to snipe it at last second, it seems theres more snipers out there! One day.

i've caught up on damn near most of my white wales.

the only things i still REALLY need, but will never drop the ton they go for on, are:

mineral - endserenading (hoping for that repress)

coheed - in keeping secrets

mars volta - deloused

at the drive-in - relationship (repress looks promising)

Ive been able to find a few of mine

1. Floorpunch division one champs - gold /88

2. Chain of strength - true till death- clear - 500

3. American nightmare - s/t - test press - 27

4. American nightmare - mosh camp - yellow cover - 6

Now i just need

1. American nightmare - background music - 5 leg - /4

2. Judge - chung king - /100

3. American nightmare - background music - test press (equal vision)

Deftones - Adrenaline promo LP (black vinyl)

my friend has a copy but i never see them on ebay. if so, the price is ridiculous. i'm tempted to get one of the Adrenaline picture discs even these days but those are high priced as well. Maverick really needs to press all their stuff, they'd make a killing.

Far - In The Aisle Yelling/Seasick 7"

i don't know why it's so hard to find. with all the new interest in Far, i've been hoping it'd pop up more. last copy i saw/noticed went for $80+ though. i'm not that interested.

not really white whales (as in "impossible to find"), just things i want and don't want to pay out the ass for.

Shoulda kept quiet, I'm now looking for that too.  Oh and I just got the "Boring Life" 7" the other day 

--

AFI - All Hallows EP

the Vandals - Hitler Bad, Vandals Good

(hed) P.E. = Serpent Boy 12"   :D