Faith No More New 7" For Black Friday RSD, New Album in April 2015

Alt-metal band Faith No More has announced that after 18 years they will be recording a new album, their first since 1997′s Album of The Year. The new album will come out next April, so strap yourselves in for a bit of a wait.

A limited edition (5000 copies) 7-inch single of the song “Motherfucker” will precede the April 2015 release, available via Record Store Day’s Black Friday event (Nov. 28). The single will be released digitally on Dec. 9.

Bill Gould, talking with Rolling Stone We’ve always shared a chemistry between ourselves that’s unique to this band, but these past few years of touring together have made us aware that we not only play better as a unit, but we like the new stuff we’re coming up with. So we’ve decided: we’re going to get busy in 2015…make an album we’re proud of, kick things up a notch, get out there and perform it and maybe even dedicate a little more focus to our fans in the States this time.

Here is the Motherfucker song recently performed live in London:

I'm excited for this. I was thinking "Leader Of Men" would have been a better single choice the three new songs we've heard from them live in the past few years but its been a while since I've listened to "Motherfucker" so maybe it will still be cool or perhaps it will be on the B-side.

I'm excited for this. I was thinking "Leader Of Men" would have been a better single choice the three new songs we've heard from them live in the past few years but its been a while since I've listened to "Motherfucker" so maybe it will still be cool or perhaps it will be on the B-side.

B-side is a remix by the great Jg Thirlwell

I will definitely buy the 7". Im a bit disappointed that they have a remix as a b-side, but i'm too excited to hear new music to care. No doubt in my mind I will see them live when they put out the new cd, been waiting so many years to see them

They have had some really good remixes historically, though.

Should be good!!

• 2 months later...

Studio version is streaming. As expected from the live version, it's pretty underwhelming. It doesn't really seem like the most conventional single to release after a 17 year absence, but if we wanted conventional we probably wouldn't be fans of this band. Still ridiculously excited to hear more. "Leader of Men" sounds great.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/hear-faith-no-more-first-release-in-17-years-motherfucker-20141119 

Yeah, I certainly agree there's no indication of what the album will sound like. Although consistency in sound throughout an album isn't something these guys are known for either. Plus, Randy is handling the majority of vocals on this track. It's not bad or what it is, and it's grown on me after a few listens -- just glad these guys are making new music.