Hey guys!

I'm opening up a small vinyl and high-end/vintage audio store in Toronto, Canada within the next month!

My plan is to stock vinyl from art/indie labels, usually small and limited run stuff that you can't really find anywhere else.

I already have the following labels on board, but am running out of names! If you guys can suggest your faves that I should contact, that would be great! Also, if anyone is in the Toronto area, be sure to let me know and I can send you a quick update once we open.

- Graveface Records

- People in a Position to Know (PIAPTK) Records

- Jigsaw Records

- Polyvinyl Record Co.

(In contact with Kindercore and Mexican Summer, but no response/no deal finalized as of yet)

Cheers and all the best!

Julian

I doubt this will be a sustainable venture, but good luck!

Why do you say that?

We're stocking other things aside from vinyl, including typewriters, fine art and musical instruments (not to mention audio equipment like turntables, amps/tuners and old tube radios) Small-run vinyl is more for fun, and to support smaller labels. :)

Why do you say that?

We're stocking other things aside from vinyl, including typewriters, fine art and musical instruments (not to mention audio equipment like turntables, amps/tuners and old tube radios) Small-run vinyl is more for fun, and to support smaller labels. :)

Sounds like some hipster bullshit to me.

Best of luck, though.

Sounds like some hipster bullshit to me.

Best of luck, though.

Maybe... XD

We decided to just open a store for all the things that we like; (I like to write as a hobby, and typewriters are just fun) there's a big enough market for it here.

Trust me though, I'm trying to make it as un-hipster as possible.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for labels!

Jules

Maybe... XD

We decided to just open a store for all the things that we like; (I like to write as a hobby, and typewriters are just fun) there's a big enough market for it here.

Trust me though, I'm trying to make it as un-hipster as possible.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for labels!

Jules

Yeah, I liked typewriters when I liked to write too, just giving you shit.  Sounds like a pretty hipster-y store, but I'd probably like it anyway, so who am I to judge.

Sounds cool. Definitely post an update when you're up and running. Whereabouts will you be located?

We're located at 2168 Dundas Street, West M6R 1X3!

I can't link you to a website since it's still non-existant as of right now. I'll definitely let you know once we open. Should be in early to mid October. :)

Cheers!

Julian

In all the time you have been bumping you could have:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=small+record+labels

Are you seriously hell-bent on watching me crash and burn?

You don't think I've done that already?

The point of this is to discover labels that I have not heard of. Meaning labels that I can't find easily. Meaning labels that don't come up on Google or aren't SEO'd.

Thanks

Not hell bent on destroying anything....just if you spent an hour on this site you would easily find 50 different labels.

Just look around a bit instead of constantly bumping this hoping someone does the leg work for you.

I often don't agree with Ben on stuff, but on this point I definitely do.

I also don't see how you think he's "hell-bent" on watching you crash and burn. You're going to have to get some better known labels as well as small ones because otherwise you'll never sell anything.

It's called working toward your dream, not letting other people drop stuff into your lap.

Plus he gave your thread a free bump.

tumblr_m9uzwfc4Zk1qg1naao1_500.gif

I often don't agree with Ben on stuff, but on this point I definitely do.

I also don't see how you think he's "hell-bent" on watching you crash and burn. You're going to have to get some better known labels as well as small ones because otherwise you'll never sell anything.

It's called working toward your dream, not letting other people drop stuff into your lap.

Plus he gave your thread a free bump.

tumblr_m9uzwfc4Zk1qg1naao1_500.gif

Not hell bent on destroying anything....just if you spent an hour on this site you would easily find 50 different labels.

Just look around a bit instead of constantly bumping this hoping someone does the leg work for you.

I apologize for the hostility. I've had a shit day but it's no excuse to let that out on you.

I do have several larger labels (Last Gang, Jagjaguwar, Topshelf, etc.) on board, and have signed up with various distro companies for records from EMI, Warner, 4AD etc.

The point of this thread was really more for fun, I'll admit the excessive bumping was... Well... Excessive. I have a fair amount of stock at the moment, I'm not really looking for people to do work for me, I've reached out to a lot of labels as of right now. This is more just for suggestions from people about what they might like to see stocked in a retail store that usually isn't. Also, do believe me that I have been working tirelessly to make the store happen. 

Cheers, guys. Sorry again.

Julian