Vinyl/Turntables in Movies/TV

-IronMan 3 played a christmas record in the beginning... (now it's jumped the shark!)

-Billy Bob Thorton's character in FARGO showed back up as a dentist with a very nice collection of LP's that he played at a party.

did y'all mention Steve Buscemi in Ghost World? that was 2001...

Seymour is trying to interest a fellow collector in a record he's selling]

Paul: It has a large center hole and a hair crack. Seymour: But the crack is so tight, it's completely inaudible. Paul: But a tight hair crack is just that—a crack. I don't collect cracked records. I only pay premium on mint records. Seymour, you know that. Please. [Paul walks away. Enid, who has been listening, goes up to Seymour] Enid: So, what was all that about enlarged holes and tight cracks?

-IronMan 3 played a christmas record in the beginning... (now it's jumped the shark!)

-Billy Bob Thorton's character in FARGO showed back up as a dentist with a very nice collection of LP's that he played at a party.

did y'all mention Steve Buscemi in Ghost World? that was 2001...

Seymour is trying to interest a fellow collector in a record he's selling] Paul: It has a large center hole and a hair crack. Seymour: But the crack is so tight, it's completely inaudible. Paul: But a tight hair crack is just that—a crack. I don't collect cracked records. I only pay premium on mint records. Seymour, you know that. Please. [Paul walks away. Enid, who has been listening, goes up to Seymour] Enid: So, what was all that about enlarged holes and tight cracks?

Ghost world is an awesome flick! My buds call me Seymour now since I started buying tons of vinyl....

And for iron man 3....the trailer they originally released had run DMC Xmas song playing...I remember since they showed it at comic con and the room was shaking from all the bass...

If you haven't seen ghost world and are reading this take the time and watch it! That movie is epic!

I believe there was an episode of Louie this season that flashes back to Louie's childhood in the 70s. The episode was named "In the Woods." I believe there was a scene where teen Louie and his friend are listening to a record in his friend's room when his older brother comes in, smashes the record, and beats up his younger brother. I don't have a screencap though. 

I believe there was an episode of Louie this season that flashes back to Louie's childhood in the 70s. The episode was named "In the Woods." I believe there was a scene where teen Louie and his friend are listening to a record in his friend's room when his older brother comes in, smashes the record, and beats up his younger brother. I don't have a screencap though. 

Yep - and they were rolling joints on a gatefold album cover... which is what gatefolds were made for.

Captain America 2: The Winter Solder

40 Year Old Virgin (bit of a stretch, just records in the background)

fun fact: the strategy guide company i used to work for is featured on the shelves. one of the guys i used to work with is the son of the production designer and shipped him a ton of books to use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...