Vinyl/Turntables in Movies/TV

Amazon's new original series Transparent features a scene with a record player/collection in the first episode...

1-croce-alternate.jpg?w=955&h=476

You can read more about the use of music in the show here...

http://flavorwire.com/480586/the-transparent-filter-music-supervisor-bruce-gilbert-breaks-down-his-near-perfect-soundtrack-for-amazons-new-hit

Austin Powers - when Austin puts a CD on the portable turntable and he places the tonearm down and scccrreeechh. 

Still a good joke.

I can't stand Adam Sandler anymore but I did when The Wedding Signer came out and I still like when Drew Barrymore's fiance comes home with a CD player and she asks to play a record on it. 

"Its a CD player Jules, it plays... CDs."

Still a good joke.

I can't stand Adam Sandler anymore but I did when The Wedding Signer came out and I still like when Drew Barrymore's fiance comes home with a CD player and she asks to play a record on it.

"Its a CD player Jules, it plays... CDs."

That's one of my favorite parts of the movie because watching it now, CDs are so standard.

And now we're back to vinyl.

We are weird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm two years late in my contribution to this thread, but I just found out about it and thought my video essay on record playing in American Indie Cinema, made for Record Store Day 2016, might add a few more titles to the list (wish I'd found this thread before I made it though):

https://vimeo.com/162847038

• 10 months later...