PO - Forrest Gump OST (SRC)

SoundStageDirect's newsletter today said they had this for $42.99 (with free shipping), but the site says $46.99. Still cheaper than SRC after shipping, but kinda lame of them not to proofread their emails.

Seen that. I was all about ordering it till I clicked through....I know it's only a few dollars, but still.

• 2 months later...

Saw in the SRC newsletter that this is being pressed at URP. There is absolutely no way that this record will see the light of day before 2015. Leaving this here so you guys can quote me on it when it comes true.

It's looking like you're right on this! Bummer. I was hoping it would be available soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have an issue with the blue vinyl? The last couple songs on both sides has some nasty shit going on in the background on mine. 

So I exchanged mine for another copy and it has the same exact problem!  I got it from urban outfitters, maybe they got a bad batch?  This problem ruins the piano theme.  Any attempt to get this resolved with SRC would be futile. I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Least essential soundtracks receiving their first vinyl pressing:
Clerks
Dumb And Dumber
Forrest Gump
304.jpg

Both Death Waltz and Mondo Records have proven there’s an audience for artfully crafted film scores pressed on vinyl, but that success has influenced others to imbue lesser soundtracks with equal reverence. In the case of Shop Radio Cast, the label has taken that to mean every movie soundtrack is deserving of a deluxe vinyl pressing, even if it’s just a random collection of songs all tossed together. This year alone the label has taken on Dumb And Dumber (a double LP with a surprise D-side etching!), Clerks(a double LP, also with a D-side etching!), and its magnum opus, a triple LP release of Forrest Gump with a triple gatefold sleeve pressed on red, white, and blue vinyl. While each release is remarkable for the label’s attention to detail, each one proves as necessary as a 20-year-late sequel to one of the films themselves. [David Anthony]

Sounds about right.