AFI : ALL HALLOWS EP. AVAILABLE NOW.

Satan

• 3 weeks later...

Stoked Nitro is showing this some love. Interested in these "deluxe" releases also down the road.

I learned some interesting facts about this specific release when I met Davey on the Crash Love tour a few years back. I was able to work the show and help the band's crew load in. Towards the end of the night after loading them out and meeting Smith I was invited to hang out with Davey privately for a bit. Having previously hoped for this situation I brought my copy of of the "All Hallows" 7" to get the band to sign. Sure enough I was given the opportunity and when Davey saw the record for whatever reason he was really taken back by it as if he hadn't seen it in some time. I had some questions about the vinyl release, primarily being why the jacket was printed on literal copy paper! He laughed and responded telling me that "Nitro did not want to release this on vinyl AT ALL and we fought to have it pressed. Finally when they agreed they did it as cheap as they could." Who would've thought that this specific record would end up being one of their most sought after releases on wax?

Also anyone else a little bummed that they're repressing it on orange? 

^ that's a really cool story. Me and my romantic partner are seeing afi for the second time together next week. For Christmas one year she got me thr Decemberunderground box set since its an album that bonded us almost a decade ago. I'm bringing it with me and going early hoping to somehow have a brief interaction with Davey, so that was nice to read.

Stoked Nitro is showing this some love. Interested in these "deluxe" releases also down the road.

I learned some interesting facts about this specific release when I met Davey on the Crash Love tour a few years back. I was able to work the show and help the band's crew load in. Towards the end of the night after loading them out and meeting Smith I was invited to hang out with Davey privately for a bit. Having previously hoped for this situation I brought my copy of of the "All Hallows" 7" to get the band to sign. Sure enough I was given the opportunity and when Davey saw the record for whatever reason he was really taken back by it as if he hadn't seen it in some time. I had some questions about the vinyl release, primarily being why the jacket was printed on literal copy paper! He laughed and responded telling me that "Nitro did not want to release this on vinyl AT ALL and we fought to have it pressed. Finally when they agreed they did it as cheap as they could." Who would've thought that this specific record would end up being one of their most sought after releases on wax?

Also anyone else a little bummed that they're repressing it on orange? 

As I recall, they sold it dirt cheap, too. I think it was $3 from Nitro. I only bought it because it was so cheap and I liked the Halloween theme. I don't think I knew the band outside of the Deep Thoughts comp at that time.

^ that's a really cool story. Me and my romantic partner are seeing afi for the second time together next week. For Christmas one year she got me thr Decemberunderground box set since its an album that bonded us almost a decade ago. I'm bringing it with me and going early hoping to somehow have a brief interaction with Davey, so that was nice to read.

Definitely a great experience to have with one of my favorite bands. I've seen them 5 times since 2003 and every single time most if not all of the band meets with fans after the show by their bus.

Here's my copy. One last neat story about this, Smith heard me singing to "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing" when  they played it. After the show he and Davey asked me if I was coming to any of the other dates on the tour, if I was they would let me sing it with them. This being a once in a lifetime opportunity I take them up on the offer.  I had to work for the next two days so after the second day myself and two friends drove overnight after work from Nashville to Tampa. Of course however I become sick with a cold, running a temperature, throat completely pins and needles.  At this point though nothing is stopping me and sure enough halfway through the set I'm invited on stage and go for it. Needless to say I was nervous as fuck and sorta flubbed the lyrics at the end. Still a dream come true and 100% worth it. How does all this tie together? On the Nashville date Smith signed the 7" and wrote "Next time you sing!" and sure enough it happened. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrkyYqHj61o

By1wgjjIAAAfGF3.jpg

Definitely a great experience to have with one of my favorite bands. I've seen them 5 times since 2003 and every single time most if not all of the band meets with fans after the show by their bus.

Here's my copy. One last neat story about this, Smith heard me singing to "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing" when  they played it. After the show he and Davey asked me if I was coming to any of the other dates on the tour, if I was they would let me sing it with them. This being a once in a lifetime opportunity I take them up on the offer.  I had to work for the next two days so after the second day myself and two friends drove overnight after work from Nashville to Tampa. Of course however I become sick with a cold, running a temperature, throat completely pins and needles.  At this point though nothing is stopping me and sure enough halfway through the set I'm invited on stage and go for it. Needless to say I was nervous as fuck and sorta flubbed the lyrics at the end. Still a dream come true and 100% worth it. How does all this tie together? On the Nashville date Smith signed the 7" and wrote "Next time you sing!" and sure enough it happened. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrkyYqHj61o

I remember when you posted your band's cover of LIAMST on the Despair Faction. Back when you guys were Modernhell. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what time it would drop. I'm working out of town and my phone service is lame out here.

Could someone email me when this goes up?

Depending on variants of this I will be picking up multiples if anyone needs one. For example, if there are 2 variants, I am buying myself two, but I can get extras for VC ppl. Or perhaps these will stay in print for awhile like the other AFI represses. If that appears to be the case then I won't bother. Just let me know if anyone is going to be unavailable. 

Depending on variants of this I will be picking up multiples if anyone needs one. For example, if there are 2 variants, I am buying myself two, but I can get extras for VC ppl. Or perhaps these will stay in print for awhile like the other AFI represses. If that appears to be the case then I won't bother. Just let me know if anyone is going to be unavailable.

I'll possibly be unavailable depending on the drop time (if there is one.) If it happens before Noon...I'll need help. If there are variants, clearly the rarest would be desired. I just want this.