SUMAC - The Deal (members of Isis, Baptists, Russian Circles)

codeine

I always dig the look of clear records, but I personally am not feeling that green for AOG. Glad I got colors from the first press

I was just glad to get a copy at that price! I think I paid double that for a black Ape of God I on the aftermarket

How does that clear Meditations sound? Apparently it was remastered by Plotkin.

I wasn't able to listen yet but I have some free time today and am going to listen. Sorry for taking over this thread with OMG stuff, haha.

I'm curious how different the repress will sound considering they are recutting it. Anyone know where the 1st press and repress were done?

This comment gives me pause about the 1st:

"During the process of manufacturing the album we had a disagreement with the pressing plant about the project, and decided to decrease the number we were pressing with them and take the project to another plant for a re-cut and repress."

I'm curious how different the repress will sound considering they are recutting it. Anyone know where the 1st press and repress were done?

This comment gives me pause about the 1st:

"During the process of manufacturing the album we had a disagreement with the pressing plant about the project, and decided to decrease the number we were pressing with them and take the project to another plant for a re-cut and repress."

The same thought crossed my mind, though bear in mind that "re-cut" isn't very descriptive... it doesn't necessarily mean that there was any sort of disagreement around anything that effects audio, it may be referring to something else.

Yeah, could be.  Just seems weird they would recut a new master after pressing only about 400 copies.  Certainly the master would not be worn out yet.  The stampers should probably be fine as well.  Maybe the pressing plant owns the rights to the master so they weren't allowed to take it with them?  Either way, the new cut will be different, if only minimally.

I guess the only way to know is to do an A/B comparison.

The sleeves for this thing are unlike any I've seen before.  There's a clear plastic pocket in the sleeves that pulls out along with the record.  Spun mine a couple times last night.  I'm not sure if it's my record player or what but both times I played it side A was only coming out of my right speaker while sides B, C, & D all played properly.  Anyone else?

The sleeves for this thing are unlike any I've seen before.  There's a clear plastic pocket in the sleeves that pulls out along with the record.  Spun mine a couple times last night.  I'm not sure if it's my record player or what but both times I played it side A was only coming out of my right speaker while sides B, C, & D all played properly.  Anyone else?

As far as I could tell, my A side played out both speakers.  I'll be listening to it again today or tomorrow, so I can confirm if no one beats me to it.  I don't really like those inner sleeves, having the plastic come out with the record is annoying.  I don't think it's suppose to do that, haha.

Jumping backwards here for a second and just wanted to say Meditations In B sounds fantastic and is cut at 45rpm. I have never owned any other copies so I am not sure if that is new or not.

Thanks for the info! I wouldn't doubt if previous pressings were cause a lot of the songs are short.

Just wanted to say I spun my clear copy of The Deal and it sounds really great. My only small gripe is the quieter parts do have some noticeable pops but nothing that makes me go crazy; which I do easily. I agree the sleeves are kinda weird but I dig em.

And what I thought was black at least when looking at the art work online is a deep brown in person. Really fucking sweet.