SUMAC - The Deal (members of Isis, Baptists, Russian Circles)

codeine

They had three shirts and a patch. Red/orange on black, and brown on green if the album art, and white on black of art I've seen for posters and such.

Vinyl/shirts are all $15 or $20. Biggest size is XL.

Rad, thanks for the heads up.  I always try to bring some cash when I go to a show, but it's nice to have a general idea of what to bring with me.

On a different note, how was the show?

I always try to bring some cash when I go to a show, but it's nice to have a general idea of what to bring with me.

Can't speak for Sumac, but Aaron was accepting debit and credit when I caught Mamiffer opening for Russian Circles, and again when I saw Old Man Gloom a couple of weeks ago.  Quick checkout and zero debit fees, too.  Really convenient, and I wish more merch tables did something similar.

Can't speak for Sumac, but Aaron was accepting debit and credit when I caught Mamiffer opening for Russian Circles, and again when I saw Old Man Gloom a couple of weeks ago.  Quick checkout and zero debit fees, too.  Really convenient, and I wish more merch tables did something similar.

Ah, nice.  I didn't pick up anything from Mamiffer or OMG, so I don't know if they had the option.  I've noticed that's becoming a more common thing, which I'm all for.  I know the processing company takes a bit off the top, but I think the convenience for the consumer and band has to balance that out a bit.

Edit : I've also seen a lot of Turner this year.  Not a complaint by any means.

I dropped so much on vinyl... Snagged the last green Bushcraft

EDIT: the show was killer, Waingro opened, kinda stoner metal, not my thing, but really good live. Sumac was next, it's the first time I've seen Aaron in anything, he's a fucking God. So precise in everything he does. Brian and Nick were beyond amazing as well. I'm pretty sure they played the entire album minus the full ambient bits. Baptists were killer, Nick really shines with them.

EDIT2: Got OMG Ape2 & Meditation, Mammifier, Split Cranium, and Baptists - Bushcraft for $80 all in. I don't think they adjusted for Canadian. I would have picked up Ape1 but I ran out of money, I shouldn't have bought all that beer :/

I'm here at the Victoria show, and was just talking to Aaron about the Sumac pressing. I asked him straight out what the issue was, he said he wasn't happy with the sound and the plant wasn't willing to be flexible so he dropped them. He did preface that he's super nitpicky and other people were happy with the pressing.

He said that he's heard the test of the next pressing and was 100% happy with it.

Thanks for the info, I guess I will have to pick up a repress then

By the time I got to the merch table, it was a wasteland. Place was at the very front of the venue which made it impossible to get to in time. Since my original posts in this thread, I have become a huge Baptists fan and got to be a fanboy asshole while I talked to Nick before the show/smoked bowls with him after. I probably was too drunk at that point but oh well, what an amazing show and experience. I talked to Brian for a second but couldn't control my inner fan girl then too. God, I'm pathetic. I guess this adds nothing of use but that ruled.

I dropped so much on vinyl... Snagged the last green Bushcraft

EDIT: the show was killer, Waingro opened, kinda stoner metal, not my thing, but really good live. Sumac was next, it's the first time I've seen Aaron in anything, he's a fucking God. So precise in everything he does. Brian and Nick were beyond amazing as well. I'm pretty sure they played the entire album minus the full ambient bits. Baptists were killer, Nick really shines with them.

EDIT2: Got OMG Ape2 & Meditation, Mammifier, Split Cranium, and Baptists - Bushcraft for $80 all in. I don't think they adjusted for Canadian. I would have picked up Ape1 but I ran out of money, I shouldn't have bought all that beer :/

sick Heat reference on that band name.

By the time I got to the merch table, it was a wasteland. Place was at the very front of the venue which made it impossible to get to in time. Since my original posts in this thread, I have become a huge Baptists fan and got to be a fanboy asshole while I talked to Nick before the show/smoked bowls with him after. I probably was too drunk at that point but oh well, what an amazing show and experience. I talked to Brian for a second but couldn't control my inner fan girl then too. God, I'm pathetic. I guess this adds nothing of use but that ruled.

Haha sweet. Years back, a bunch of kids were blazing Bahris at a TXBK show and I totally cut into their circle to strike up convo.  Those guys are all such chill, laid back dudes.  They just seem to be super approachable at shows and willing to talk to fans and genuinely engaged.

B-standard, like B-E-A-D-Gb-B?

Is that what he's most known for using with ISIS and/or other bands?  Some of this stuff is sounding hella low.

Dunno why I thought this was the Old Man Gloom thread haha, I listened to this album yesterday! Regardless, a lot of stuff is in B. I play bass, but when I was learning material from Panopticon and Oceanic it was for the most part in B; if not all of it.

And maybe as a blatant truth, Meditations in B. ;)

The kicker for me is in the title track The Deal, that 7 at 8:33 and on is the heaviest fucking thing. Gets me rock hard.

Dunno why I thought this was the Old Man Gloom thread haha, I listened to this album yesterday! Regardless, a lot of stuff is in B. I play bass, but when I was learning material from Panopticon and Oceanic it was for the most part in B; if not all of it.

And maybe as a blatant truth, Meditations in B. ;)

Don't know about Sumac, but on the more recent OMG records, open B makes much more sense when you try to play them.