SUMAC - The Deal (members of Isis, Baptists, Russian Circles)

codeine

• 2 months later...

It was just announced that the band signed onto Thrill Jockey. Pretty awesome.

I was supposed to see them this Thursday night in a neighboring town, but there were some pretty unfortunate issues regarding passports and family-member illness. Wish them the best and really hoping to catch them soon.

Yeah, I was a bit bummed that they cancelled all the US shows.  Although Thrill Jockey seems appropriate, it is odd seeing them sign to another label.  I can't think of the last time I picked up an Aaron related project that wasn't on Hydra Head or SiGe.

Quite unexpected but that's great news indeed. Both for the band and myself (it's a bit easier on the wallet to grab TJ releases).

Would've thought they would go through Sige for sure. But then again that means they will reach a much wider audience and they do have that potential. Seems to me people sleep on Sige quite a bit.

I was supposed to see them this Thursday night in a neighboring town, but there were some pretty unfortunate issues regarding passports and family-member illness. Wish them the best and really hoping to catch them soon.

You should still go see Endon & Black Spirituals if you're able! Honestly, Endon was one of the most intense bands I've ever seen live. I caught myself smiling more often than I ever thought because of how perfect their pacing was and the sheer power behind all of it... mildly overwhelming in a great way. The vocalist is super intense which just brings it all together, his voice registers in like 4-5 different ways. 

Hell yeah I bought an Endon shirt.

I"ve also never owned a Thrill Jockey release, how is their presentation and sound quality?

Depends. Their sleeves are great sometimes but sometimes can be floppy. I imagine they will go all out for Sumac.

You should still go see Endon & Black Spirituals if you're able! Honestly, Endon was one of the most intense bands I've ever seen live. I caught myself smiling more often than I ever thought because of how perfect their pacing was and the sheer power behind all of it... mildly overwhelming in a great way. The vocalist is super intense which just brings it all together, his voice registers in like 4-5 different ways. 

Hell yeah I bought an Endon shirt.

I ended up skipping the show due to Sumac dropping and it coinciding with a friend's birthday event.  Had a fun night, but a part of me wishes I'd gone to the show.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

New pressing is available now. I like it a lot. 

http://sige.bigcartel.com/product/sumac-the-deal-re-press-2xlp-pre-order

Nice find.  I dig that variant a lot as well – a better fit than the red / black blob they did last go-around.  Trying to convince myself that I don't "need" a third copy.