SUMAC - The Deal (members of Isis, Baptists, Russian Circles)

codeine

I wish I could get into this but those vocals are just not my style at all. Love everything but that.

I actually think I like his vocals better on this than with ISIS. And the drums... I know I already raved about them, but I can't help it. The interplay between him and Aaron is just perfect. Plus he's a fucking animal. 

He used the same vox in Isis IMO.

Yea. I just mean I like them better here, in this setting.

The drums were hyped in a way that I feel is not represented on the album whatsoever. I guess it sounds like what it is though - a drummer adding texture to songs that were already written.

Isn't that like 90% of music anyway? Most drummers aren't necessarily the 'songwriters,' at least not in the traditional sense. Either way, I dig it. But I am a drummer, so there's my bias. 

This has to be one of the strangest pre-orders of all time.

No-one, including the band themselves has a straight time frame of when it'll be up. And when it finally gets up, there'll be 7 variants of the most limited.

:huh:

You sure about the 7 variants?  I highly doubt those will be available.  Now, if they are...OH SHIT!  :o