Worst moments in music

Punk Goes Pop

This whole concept ranks pretty high on the worst things about music list for me.

80's production for me is the absolute worst thing to ever happen to music.....such amazing albums and songs that could be and should be so much more timeless

Anything in particular? There are albums from the 1980s that I love because of their production.

Lennon & Mercury both had completed insane artistic runs and were already putting out material of dubious quality before their deaths. On a personal level it's sad that they died so young and never got to experience the same elder statesman status as their peers, and the passing of an icon is always sad, but there are greater musical tragedies for sure.

Anything in particular? There are albums from the 1980s that I love because of their production.

All of it....from radio pop to later joy division production, Samhain albums musically are some of my favorite stuff Danzig had done...and I hate listening to them because of the production....super dry recordings of drums with digital reverb added in and reverse gated drums and over the top nasty sounding solid state guitar amps and chorus pedals on clean guitars tones.......just......80's production is seriously the worst thing to happen to recorded music. Hearing punk recordings from the 80's without 80's production is amazing.....gives me hope that there's other decently recorded gems I've yet to uncover

Ashley Simpsons dance offstage on SNL after her track messed up.

Sincerely consider this one of the best moments in musical history....getting caught/called out on being nothing more than a dancer lip-synching to heavily auto-tuned backing tracks and instead of trying to push forward with a career, she realized she was a clown, danced off stage as a clown, and let that be that. That incident kept her from spewing out album upon albums of insipid radio pop bullshit....hopefully made her re-evaluate her life as well.

It'd be rad to think that some super fan of hers, like worshipped her, completely made said-fan reevaluate their musical tastes in finding out their idol was a fraud....and pushed said super fan into seeking out legit music as a result........one could only hope that was the outcome from all of her fans

An almost perfect moment in the history of music in my opinion

• 1 year later...

bumping this cos I'm bored in work at the moment.

not sure if anyone here likes The 1975, but if you do, W H Y?? their songs have about the worst vocals I have ever heard, sounds like he's belching and hiccuping. also their music just sucks. i'm all for bands taking different directions and not really having a genre, but these guys sound like they're trying to cover every base that they can and it just ends up being a huge fucking horrible mess

Speaking of Bruno Mars, why the fuck is Uptown Funk so popular? I get that it's a catchy song and stuff but its really just total dogshit. If you didn't think that song could get any worse though, a friend of a friend is in a band that covers that song, and they've changed it to Uptown Rock ("Don't believe me? Just rock.") Ugh.

Speaking of Bruno Mars, why the fuck is Uptown Funk so popular? I get that it's a catchy song and stuff but its really just total dogshit. If you didn't think that song could get any worse though, a friend of a friend is in a band that covers that song, and they've changed it to Uptown Rock ("Don't believe me? Just rock.") Ugh.

Uptown Funk is one of about 2 Bruno Mars songs I've actually liked. I dunno. I like when he goes with the more old school funk sound. I hate when he goes modern R & B. His voice sounds so shrill.

Uptown Rock tho...hahaha. That sounds horribly awesome.