Worst moments in music

My vote goes to "Bad Blood." I can't think of any song I hate more. The worst part is that people pretend to like it because it's a Taylor Swift song. But you know if anyone else had released the exact same song it would never have been popular. But I guess the same could be said about plenty of songs. At least my 4 year old also hates it.

Owen's Bad Blood is an amazing song.

Is Come Sail Away objectively the worst song ever written by a professional/ full time band? 

Truly, this is an insane opinion.

Come Sail Away, on its own, is a fucking great song.

Its use in pivotal moments of two of my favorite televisions shows (pilot of Freaks & Geeks b/w Troy goodbye episode of Community) has made me cry each time I've watched each respective episode.

Yeah I'm crying right now just thinking about it, idgaf

It's alright but when I am drunk and it comes on, I will sing along until I am told to stop

Truly, this is an insane opinion.

Come Sail Away, on its own, is a fucking great song.

Its use in pivotal moments of two of my favorite televisions shows (pilot of Freaks & Geeks b/w Troy goodbye episode of Community) has made me cry each time I've watched each respective episode.

Yeah I'm crying right now just thinking about it, idgaf

You two are blowing my mind! I really thought it was universally panned! My boss changes the station every day when it comes on the radio. I got made fun of in the 3rd grade for singing along to it after the coolest kid in class did it first (ironically I guess?). Maybe it's just my city?

Came here to post this.

But seriously, Grunge. And I don't mean Grunge bands, they're fine. But the impact Grunge had on music.

I would argue Grunge started the downward spiral of the music industry, in a very... Butterfly Effect sort of way.

I see what you're saying.  I feel like the end of "grunge" (also, I hate the term) brought on a lot of bad music.  Music that I didn't care for, anyway.

Grunge actually brought being an actual musician into the limelight, dumb hair metal was the most popular form of music before grunge blew up. We need a new "grunge" now to kill the plastic boring stuff coming out now.

See, this is the thing.  I think Grunge caused the 'plastic boring stuff' for just that reason.  The success and 'celebrity' of grunge music caused a new path to be carved by the industry majors when they realized the potential cashflow.  'Scene' became a thing, a commercialized culture, leading to Hot Topic, etc.  The realization that anything, even something as 'rebellious' and 'counter culture' as Nirvana could be monetized.

• 2 weeks later...