Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

Another gift from Hudson delivered personally,

Here is a pic of the shirt (and me), thanks again for everything

tumblr_nged915kPX1r8tq5oo1_500.png

that shirt is pretty awesome.

i also love that he personally delivered everything. i was tempted to that last year when my SS lived 15 minutes away from me. 

hopefully you guys at least had a holiday beer together.

that shirt is pretty awesome.

i also love that he personally delivered everything. i was tempted to that last year when my SS lived 15 minutes away from me.

hopefully you guys at least had a holiday beer together.

I wish we did, I wasn't even home this time around, exams/work/Christmas make me home 0% of the time. But I am grateful and next time he is in town he can feel free to let me know!

Another gift from Hudson delivered personally,

Here is a pic of the shirt (and me), thanks again for everything

tumblr_nged915kPX1r8tq5oo1_500.png

Looks great, dude! I almost bought one for myself as well.

I'm usually in town a few days a week, but will probably be working from home quite a bit over the holidays. I'd be up for grabbing a beer whenever, though! Or even just go out for a burrito or something since I know you don't drink a ton.

I'm usually in town a few days a week, but will probably be working from home quite a bit over the holidays. I'd be up for grabbing a beer whenever, though! Or even just got out for a burrito or something since I know you don't drink a ton.

Burrito buddies emot-allears.gif

I'm usually in town a few days a week, but will probably be working from home quite a bit over the holidays. I'd be up for grabbing a beer whenever, though! Or even just go out for a burrito or something since I know you don't drink a ton.

Burrito buddies emot-allears.gif

I LOVE burritos.

i do what i can..i just want people to get their stuff out and so no one gets shit late.. this is the first year we've (well you guys) have all gotten your stuff out on a somewhat decent schedule and everyone's packages arrived before the xmas holidays..  so fuck ya to all of you. 

15827988009_7c02fd6016_c.jpg

Here's my awesome Santa haul!

I used to own both of the Donnas LPs, and have always kicked myself for getting rid of them. Now I don't have to. These arrived first, and would've been an awesome gift by themselves. But yesterday, I received more! There's the Weezer cover 10" by You Blew It. Awesome because I have a huge Weezer collection, but never got around to picking this up. Doubly awesome, because I almost ordered a copy yesterday morning during the Topshelf sale, but held off. There's also an awesome Christmas split 7" featuring Dikembe, You Blew It and others, and a Snowing 7". Santa played to my love of history with a fun literary look at historical missteps. My Santa also included a variety of stickers from labels and stores all over the country (presumably in an attempt to obscure their identity). Based on the postmark, I had things narrowed down to either OzFactor or MuseumMouth. However, there was also a set of cassettes included from Fear Not Records, which is run by MuseumMouth, and that tips my guess to him.

Thanks for the awesome set of gifts! Also, as someone who's spent his entire professional career working in museums, I've always wondered about your username. Fan of museums?

15827988009_7c02fd6016_c.jpg

Here's my awesome Santa haul!

I used to own both of the Donnas LPs, and have always kicked myself for getting rid of them. Now I don't have to. These arrived first, and would've been an awesome gift by themselves. But yesterday, I received more! There's the Weezer cover 10" by You Blew It. Awesome because I have a huge Weezer collection, but never got around to picking this up. Doubly awesome, because I almost ordered a copy yesterday morning during the Topshelf sale, but held off. There's also an awesome Christmas split 7" featuring Dikembe, You Blew It and others, and a Snowing 7". Santa played to my love of history with a fun literary look at historical missteps. My Santa also included a variety of stickers from labels and stores all over the country (presumably in an attempt to obscure their identity). Based on the postmark, I had things narrowed down to either OzFactor or MuseumMouth. However, there was also a set of cassettes included from Fear Not Records, which is run by MuseumMouth, and that tips my guess to him.

Thanks for the awesome set of gifts! Also, as someone who's spent his entire professional career working in museums, I've always wondered about your username. Fan of museums?

Glad you liked everything! 

The name actually comes from a Cap'n Jazz song haha

image1_zpsf55b2ba7.jpg

Jimmy Eat World - Damage (SIGNED!!!)

I Am The Avalanche - Wolverines

Further Seems Forever - Penny Black

Hot Rod Circuit - The Underground Is A Dying Breed

Jack White - Sixteen Saltines

Secret Santa, you RULE. Thank you so so much. I've been meaning to get the Jimmy Eat World for quite some time now but just never got around to it. I'm spinning Hot Rod Circuit right now and I love it. I'm so sorry but I have not one clue on who got me but seriously thank you so much again. I love it.

Ok, I am finally getting around to posting photos, sorry SS. 

I received a great package in the mail. This first photo shows things wrapped. 

rsz_secretsantajoe14a_zps634ca9b1.jpg

I have to first note that I love that my Secret Santa wrapped some items in ELF wrapping paper. I love that! 

There are a number of items in this package. Lower in the photo you see a Hot Chocolate mug. 

The mug has rules for "How To Survive A Mondo Drop" - the steps include:

-Don't Eat F5

-Update VC, F5

-Don't Sleep, F5

-Update VC, F5

-F5, F5, F5...

-Secure 1 Copy Version B

-Update VC

-Secure 2 Copies Version A

-Update VC/Hope For Variant

-Cart Check

The Christmas Card I received had a nice note inside. 

Slightly blurry shot follows:

rsz_secretsantajoe14b_zpsa7d430de.jpg

After unwrapping, I find that I received a Snowman Pez Dispenser/candy (which I haven't had in awhile) A peppermint flavored candy shot glass, a Christmas set of Peeps some delicious Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares and some Hershey's Kisses. 

-I also received a cassette of Christmas tunes, (I do listen to cassettes, haha) 

-I received a set of Mix CD's (which look like a lot of work put into them - thank you so much!)

-My Santa sent me 2 different The Music 7"s which is awesome because I just can never get around to ordering them:

--The Music - "The Truth Is No Words" Pic Disc

--The Music - "Take The Long Road And Walk It" (US Capitol Press)

I also received two bonus 7"s:

--Sourmash - described as Punky-Pop Tap Your Toes + Sing-A-Long

--Underhand"Desire" - described as Mega Melodic Power Pop Punk Awesome!! Just Plain F'n Awesome! 

And then one final item in the package, which I thought was very thoughtful, is a Handmade Knit Scarf! It is beautiful and I really love it! It is like a red wine color.

All in all with the hints given and knowing this user is from New Jersey, I would like to take a guess and say that my Secret Santa is FutureKills/EggNog

Thank you so much I really love my package!  :D