Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

So I forgot to take pics of my gifts and left them back at my place (at my parents for the holidays). They were sent direct from where my SS purchased them with my name on the package. so I ended up opening them early by accident thinking they were just orders I had kind of forgotten about. I swear I was gunna wait till Christmas! Anyway, they got me the new Gerard Way - Hesitant Alien and Frank Iero and the Cellabration - Stomachaches albums! Hesitant Alien came with a signed CD booklet too! I was really excited about that. I'm really happy with getting these cause I've been wanting to get them for awhile now but I haven't been able to afford much of anything new. And I've been revisiting the MCR discography lately (Danger Days really is some of their best work) and having the solo albums has made it fun to hear the relationship of influences between MCR and their solo music. No clue who my SS is haha. All I know is they peruse a lot of pop punk threads according to their note haha. But thank you so much! I am very happy :)

Another awesome year for Secret Santa.  I knew who mine was about ten seconds after opening my package.  But here are the goodies:

- The usual random goodies: a couple buttons, stickers, a kick ass Fantastic Four comic, Against Me! poster, random sports and comic book cards

- Suavecito Pomade and Bay Rum After Bath after shave- as my s.s. and I have discussed dapper haircuts

- Kick ass Scott Silvia tattoo print (one of my favorites)

- Essential Clash DVD

- 7"s: Front Porch Step- Whole Again (haven't heard of this, but looked it up and I'm really stoked)

Seaway- All In My Head

Against Me- True Trans 

Against Me- Russian Spies

- Ben Nichols- The Last Pale Light in the West 12"

IMG_3544_zps279d774b.jpg

I can say, without a doubt, that my santa this year was Ian Rees.  Thank you so much, duder.  Seriously, this is awesome!  You rule so hard!

XcXuueUl.jpg

ztdnZhpl.jpg

to whoever got me these gifts, thanks so much!  The slipmat is so rad and it looks great on my record player ( which currently didn't have a slipmat )

I also used to listen to DKM years ago, and it's been so long since I last listened to them. I will definitely rock this album.  The CD I can't play yet cause my new MBP doesn't have a disc drive but I'll have a friend rip it for me.

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays!!! I also have no idea who you are cause no hints :)

Wow, just wowzers.

nCAA1T.jpg

My ss got me (have neither, excited to spin!!)

• "Custom Ice" variant, MTB Planet of Ice vinyl  :)  :)
  • Native- We Delete; Erase​

Then some things I'm not too familiar with (but cant wait!)

• 7" Split - Off With Their Head/Morning Glory
  • 7" Split - Briefs/The Shocks

Awesome sauce gifts, putting in my mix now, heres my pic ^.....

My ss is Brüsker Dü based on his second clue! THANK YOU SIR, VERY THOUGHTFUL....i love it all :3

Awesome big thanks to my secret Santa I got

A Lara Secord dark chocolate pack

A dark chocolate kit Kat 

A pack of pink Floyd playing cards

2 packs of hot chocolate 

A 4gb flash drive with music I'm assuming I have no computer to check until tomorrow 

An awesome creepy Christmas card

Cyanide and happiness looks pretty awesome 

And the last variant of the bright eyes, Neva dinova split I needed (white) 

I'm Pretty sure my SS is DafTyler

Thanks a bunch if it was you if not I'm stumped and thank you whoever you 

are

image1_zps65c63634.jpg

Wow, just wowzers.

My ss got me (have neither, excited to spin!!)

• "Custom Ice" variant, MTB Planet of Ice vinyl  :)  :)
  • Native- We Delete; Erase​

Then some things I'm not too familiar with (but cant wait!)

• 7" Split - Off With Their Head/Morning Glory
  • 7" Split - Briefs/The Shocks

Awesome sauce gifts, putting in my mix now, heres my pic ^.....

My ss is Brüsker Dü based on his second clue! THANK YOU SIR, VERY THOUGHTFUL....i love it all :3

Merry Christmas! I'm glad you're enjoying everything!

Awesome big thanks to my secret Santa I got

A Lara Secord dark chocolate pack

A dark chocolate kit Kat

A pack of pink Floyd playing cards

2 packs of hot chocolate

A 4gb flash drive with music I'm assuming I have no computer to check until tomorrow

An awesome creepy Christmas card

Cyanide and happiness looks pretty awesome

And the last variant of the bright eyes, Neva dinova split I needed (white)

I'm Pretty sure my SS is DafTyler

Thanks a bunch if it was you if not I'm stumped and thank you whoever you

are

image1_zps65c63634.jpg

You are correct!

Hope you enjoy,

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

Alright, I opened mine today.  Holy shit, it's awesome.  Thank you so much.  

aRFE6Lol.jpg

pgpMSUwl.jpg

eomZN1Al.jpg

ZiVI2yll.jpg

LP's:

Lowercase Noises - Migratory Patterns (Ambient)

Against-Empire - The Ones Who Bear the Scars Remember (Crust Punk)

Of Us Giants - Nova Scotia (spinning this as I type this, HOLY SHIT, he sounds like Andy Hull.  Really cool.)

Sesame Street Christmas LP

A Chipmunk Christmas

There's also a 10" boxset by a band called Lemon Jelly.  I have never heard of them, but if I'm being honest, I haven't heard of one of the bands whose material you sent me, which is wicked.  Apparently they sound like Moby?  I'm also excited to listen to the mix CD, since our music tastes don't seem to overlap too much.

That brown lunch bag is (was) full of awesome candy, Wonka stuff, candy cane sticks, pop rocks, taffee, lots of delicious stuff!

Also, I was so stoked on the moustache grooming kit, because I do have a moustache, albeit a pretty pathetic one, but I can never trim it well.

There's also a book on the Sex Pistols American tour, a live tape from Broken City (cool Calgary venue) of the bands Grosser and Durban Poison, duct tape, and matches!!! (in case of emergency).  

AND, two bags of fucking AWESOME coffee from Fratello in Calgary.  I'm am so excited to drink this stuff.

The sticky notes were hilarious too, especially the one that said "In case of emergency" on the half used matches, hahaha.  

I looked through all the participants, and I am having the hardest time figuring out who my SS is.  I couldn't find anyone based in Calgary that was taking part, but through elimination, is it nancy_raygun?  Your location says "CA", so maybe that's for Canada, and not California?

Whoever it was, THANK YOU so much.  It was definitely the coolest thing I opened today.  And sorry for making you wait till Christmas!  haha.

EDIT:  WAS IT ZPUSHOR????  Thank you!!!!

Alright, I opened mine today.  Holy shit, it's awesome.  Thank you so much.  

aRFE6Lol.jpg

pgpMSUwl.jpg

eomZN1Al.jpg

ZiVI2yll.jpg

LP's:

Lowercase Noises - Migratory Patterns (Ambient)

Against-Empire - The Ones Who Bear the Scars Remember (Crust Punk)

Of Us Giants - Nova Scotia (spinning this as I type this, HOLY SHIT, he sounds like Andy Hull.  Really cool.)

Sesame Street Christmas LP

A Chipmunk Christmas

There's also a 10" boxset by a band called Lemon Jelly.  I have never heard of them, but if I'm being honest, I haven't heard of one of the bands whose material you sent me, which is wicked.  Apparently they sound like Moby?  I'm also excited to listen to the mix CD, since our music tastes don't seem to overlap too much.

That brown lunch bag is (was) full of awesome candy, Wonka stuff, candy cane sticks, pop rocks, taffee, lots of delicious stuff!

Also, I was so stoked on the moustache grooming kit, because I do have a moustache, albeit a pretty pathetic one, but I can never trim it well.

There's also a book on the Sex Pistols American tour, a live tape from Broken City (cool Calgary venue) of the bands Grosser and Durban Poison, duct tape, and matches!!! (in case of emergency).  

AND, two bags of fucking AWESOME coffee from Fratello in Calgary.  I'm am so excited to drink this stuff.

The sticky notes were hilarious too, especially the one that said "In case of emergency" on the half used matches, hahaha.  

I looked through all the participants, and I am having the hardest time figuring out who my SS is.  I couldn't find anyone based in Calgary that was taking part, but through elimination, is it nancy_raygun?  Your location says "CA", so maybe that's for Canada, and not California?

Whoever it was, THANK YOU so much.  It was definitely the coolest thing I opened today.  And sorry for making you wait till Christmas!  haha.

EDIT:  WAS IT ZPUSHOR????  Thank you!!!!

It was me man I'm really glad you liked everything and hope you dig all the new bands and coffee. It was tough getting the records together due to our very different tastes but was optimistic you would hopefully like some of them.

It was me man I'm really glad you liked everything and hope you dig all the new bands and coffee. It was tough getting the records together due to our very different tastes but was optimistic you would hopefully like some of them.

Seriously, thanks so much!  I kept finding more and more stuff in the box as I was opening it.  I've only spun the Of Us Giants LP so far, but holy shit, the last track is killer, and I'm digging the whole record.  Can't wait to listen to the other stuff.  Merry Christmas dude!  If you're ever up here in Edmonton let me know!

zBJC82U.jpg?1

Thank you mean3earls! You've made me very happy. Good catch on that MGMT book, I'm not the hugest fan of the art but I love the story and I've already ordered part 2. I'm so excited to read the rest. The Tears for Fears records are excellent; I don't own nearly enough older stuff as I should. And of course, Glassjaw!!! Amazing, thank you so much. I hope you had a great Christmas. Same goes for all santas in here!

zBJC82U.jpg?1

Thank you mean3earls! You've made me very happy. Good catch on that MGMT book, I'm not the hugest fan of the art but I love the story and I've already ordered part 2. I'm so excited to read the rest. The Tears for Fears records are excellent; I don't own nearly enough older stuff as I should. And of course, Glassjaw!!! Amazing, thank you so much. I hope you had a great Christmas. Same goes for all santas in here!

Glad you liked everything! Hope you (and everyone else here) had a great Christmas.