Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

Ugh I'm not sure if my recipient has gotten their last gift! The waiting is killing me

I did.  ;)

I just haven't been home recently (Xmas always happens in SC, not GA), so I haven't gotten to open it yet. I loved the first two, though, so as soon as I'm back, I'll take pics of everything!

EDIT: My sister opened the third package for me over the phone, and it was immediately worth the wait. Thank you so much! I don't have pictures, but here's the haul:

• fun. - Point and Light (RSD '14 exclusive, clear w/ rainbow splatter, /1500)
  • Bob's Burgers Season 1 DVD
  • The League Season 1 DVD
  • Georgia Bulldog Monopoly (!!!!!!!!)

(By the way, I knew it was you because of the pro-Gamecocks hint letter inside the first package, and Amazon isn't very subtle with their gifting. Haha)

This was hella fun, and I'm definitely doing this again next year!

So I'm finally gonna stop being lazy and post this. My SS hasn't been around much, I don't think, so hopefully he knows I was stoked on it. Also my person hasn't posted pictures so I hope they liked what they got.

B41ADD01-EE4B-4F18-A7D3-3FDE5C7235A4_zps

I got:

•Some pumpkin spice shisha which is awesome and tastes great

•a rad shirt from the band he's in

•a box of condone with two condoms and a bunch of bracelets in it

•tons of Vans stickers

•a sweet kid CD

•a nice note

•All Time Low's So Wrong, It's Right from HT, an album I was super bummed I didn't have the cash for, it's not pictured because it came in later and I'm too lazy to take another pic

•a Suckerpunch DVD, which I did already have, but still much loved!

21 of you haven't posted a pic or just went lazy and just said thank you..alot of people half assing it this year. 

getting lots of pms and people are righty bummed their ss's are not posting and just kinda forgot about it.. 

dphft3.jpg

Sorry for only putting up a picture now. I was really pleased. I have only really listened to Silversun Pickups a couple times besides "Panic Switch", but this 7" is cool, and all of the other stuff is stuff from bands I dig. The hints made it easy for me, so kudos on that, too! Cesar also gave me a Filmage shirt with Milo and Allroy, but I forgot to put that in the picture. Thanks so much, dude!

zBJC82U.jpg?1

Thank you mean3earls! You've made me very happy. Good catch on that MGMT book, I'm not the hugest fan of the art but I love the story and I've already ordered part 2. I'm so excited to read the rest. The Tears for Fears records are excellent; I don't own nearly enough older stuff as I should. And of course, Glassjaw!!! Amazing, thank you so much. I hope you had a great Christmas. Same goes for all santas in here!

That cover of the tears for fears record was part of the under the influence series

dphft3.jpg

Sorry for only putting up a picture now. I was really pleased. I have only really listened to Silversun Pickups a couple times besides "Panic Switch", but this 7" is cool, and all of the other stuff is stuff from bands I dig. The hints made it easy for me, so kudos on that, too! Cesar also gave me a Filmage shirt with Milo and Allroy, but I forgot to put that in the picture. Thanks so much, dude!

Sweet gifts.  Is that a Rented World sticker?

here's what i got!

15937073969_cc29796878.jpg

pile of stickers, download cards, and lovely note with a festive holiday corgi on it!

15935853480_6fe2c5941e_z.jpg

7"s:

-Mixtapes - Everything In Trinsic

-Kevin Seconds / Mike Hale split

-Broadway Calls / Mixtapes - Vision Quest split

15935719478_2cf0ba2ba8_z.jpg

LPs:

-Iron Chic - Not Like This

-Broadway Calls - Comfort/Distraction

-Jon Snodgrass - Visitors Band

all great stuff! i'm really excited about everything my SS got me. i've been eyeing those mixtapes 7"s and broadway calls LP for a while and never got around to picking them up, so i'm happy to finally have them! i've heard some jon snodgrass and always meant to listen to more of his stuff, but i never seem to think of it when i'm trying to decide what to throw on spotify. i'm actually spinning visitors band right now and really enjoying it. i've already listened to everything else you got me and had a great time doing so. everything you sent was a huge win. 

based on the minimal clues (lives in VA and likes cats), my SS has to be thejesseb. thank you so much!!! 

15511414434_3ffd140a78_c.jpgLauren,

Thank you. Thank you for the handwritten letters. It's actually nice to read something on a piece of paper than in an actual email. Loved the little stickies you posted on everything. I loved that you got something that you might think i'd like and explained why you thought it'd be a good idea to listen to them. i will definitely be listening to them (once i get a record player in the next week or so (mine broke). But that brittle.. oh man. so digging into that tomorrow when i get to work. at least one bag of it. I have to admit, never heard of the band records you sent, but i'm anxious to listen to them. Again, thank you for the much needed gift. it really made my xmas since mine was a bust this year. it made me smile inside and out. 

15511414434_3ffd140a78_c.jpgLauren,

Thank you. Thank you for the handwritten letters. It's actually nice to read something on a piece of paper than in an actual email. Loved the little stickies you posted on everything. I loved that you got something that you might think i'd like and explained why you thought it'd be a good idea to listen to them. i will definitely be listening to them (once i get a record player in the next week or so (mine broke). But that brittle.. oh man. so digging into that tomorrow when i get to work. at least one bag of it. I have to admit, never heard of the band records you sent, but i'm anxious to listen to them. Again, thank you for the much needed gift. it really made my xmas since mine was a bust this year. it made me smile inside and out. 

aw yay! that was such an awesome response! i'm so glad you liked it and that i was able to bring a little extra cheer to your holiday! 

in my rush to get to the post office, i forgot to put the sticky note on the 7". it basically said that sunday's best is a band i got into back in high school and still love and have always thought they were super underrated. their two full-lengths are great, although sadly only one is on vinyl and pretty hard to come by. and, because i always find the interconnectedness of bands to be super interesting, i'll throw out the fun fact that the guitarist of sunday's best went on to be one of the founding members of the jealous sound and the bassist was one of the original members of the bronx. 

looking forward to hearing what you think once you get your new turntable and have a chance to give everything a listen. all those bands mean a lot to me. really hoping you dig them as much as i do!

I TOOK FOREVER TO POST PICS AND I APOLOGIZE!!

My SS sent me a ton of records!! I'm really into soundtracks and my SS was awesome and sent me a ton that I did not have! The grouplove was on my wish list so a huge thanks there!

My nieces listened to the chipmunk one for Christmas and they were really excited. :)

I'm sorry I can't make a decent guess at who you are but THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :wub:

15955400237_5fd1a43fcd_n.jpg

EVeryone (all 18 of you) who haven't posted a picture have been contacted. If your SS hasn't done so you'll know soon enough and you can the send a scathing letter of how disappointed you are in them and their lack of being thankful. :P (sorta)

I know I've been really slacking posting my pics. I've been out of town and frankly, been avoiding my computer while on vacation. I want to recap the contents, but not on my phone.

My SS killed it. In the meantime here is a picture of Ophelia enjoying one of the gifts.

image.jpg

So first, I have to apologize for not posting this until I was nudged to do so. I intended on uploading a few different times and then let something get in the way. I wanted to be thorough and never really felt like I had the time. Regardless, my bad ronniegwilliams! At, least you're my guess for SS based on your hint/location and a few other references. The package is really rad and I've been enjoying it slowly for the last couple of weeks. Here are pics of the letter/contents.

2nuob5h.jpg

1jrj3m.jpg

Got a kick out of the letter, definitely appreciated the personal touch it brought to the package. 

Contents: 

1. Kickass VC Secret Santa MMXIIV mixtape containing a good mix of stuff I've heard and stuff I haven't that is really good. 

2. Horror Film coasters - which one is currently being used for this Heady Topper I'm enjoying while writing this out.

3. Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News 2xLP- I had this album fora bit but traded it for something else awhile back. I'm glad to have it back. It's hands-down my favorite MM album. 

4. Bayside - Bayside LP - I used to listen to Bayside a bunch a few years back but for reason haven't in awhile. I've heard a few tracks from this one but haven't checked it out as a whole yet. Looking forward to spinning this on a rainy day.

5. Reeses Trees - I really don't need to say a word about these but I will say two: SofaKing good.

6. Beef Jerky - I don't remember what brand of jerky this was. I can't quite make it out in the photo. I didn't recognize it when I opened it but it didn't matter. That stuff disappeared FAST.

7. Tanka Buffalo Meat w/ Cranberries - I wasn't into this but my girlfriend really liked it so I passed it along. 

8-9. Sex Criminals Vol. 1/Dead Boy Detectives Vol. 1 Comics - I've only read a small handful of comics in the past but flipping through these was pretty cool on a few different fronts. The Sex Criminals comic seems pretty ridiculous. The few pages I read through were pretty much spot on with the humor I expected in it. I haven't read any of the Dead Boy Detectives yet but the illustration style is more suited to what I'm into. I'm going to end up reading through both of these eventually. I have a few decently long trips scheduled this year and these will come in handy to pass the time. 

Thanks so much for everything, man! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and hope you have an equally enjoyable New Years!