Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

I'm not trying to be mean, it is just a wonder. It comes on television every year for tradition. 

If only you knew how many classics I haven't seen. I just looked up the broadcast dates for "It's A Wonderful Life" and it only comes twice of which one is in the middle of the night. Maybe I can catch the second one.

Everyone has gotten amazing gifts. The only reason that movie is popular was due to it being copyrightless or something like that. Not sure. Heard it a long time ago.

It is popular not only because a major network (NBC) has gotten behind the movie the last 25+ years and made it a tradition, but because the Baby Boomer generation has passed it along to their children. 

wow guys.. nice gifts.. keep em coming.. who's recipient hasn't shown pics? so i can PM them to tell them too. PM me if your recipient hasn't. i want all this done before xmas so i can be finished with this.

man i need to find a new family that celebrates with food and laughter and is festive.. my immediate family has passed and my relatives don't really celebrate anything. it's a total bummer.(sorry for the rant, i just realized this now) 

maybe i'll go people watch at golden corral. 

wait so we have to open gifts before Christmas?

You In Reverse aka jared from subway aka jared from the jewelry store should be thrown in a mental institution for going way above and beyond on his gift. 

http://paulsrecords.tumblr.com/

first off i get a $25 xbox gift card. right there would be a hell of a present. I already put it in my account.

then i get about 100 snowboarding and music stickers. also rad. already threw one on my helmet.

now for the music. all of the lps were individually wrapped with different wrapping paper. the attention to detail is amazing.

alkaline trio agony & irony 2xlp on cream. havent tracked down many variants the last few years so that was huge.

new seahaven joint on 2xlp maroon vinyl. big fan of the band and this album has been growing on me

new mliw joint on half light green half darker green. big fan of the band. hadnt picked up the new lp.

hohokum soundtrack on pretty splatter vinyl. comes with 22 songs download. pretty sure ive posted a couple time how much i liked tycho

dismemberment plan - uncanney valley. this must be the one that you took a stab in the dark at. havent listened to them at all before so that will change.

pink spiders 7" dont know em will check it out too

this dude obviously stalked my posting cuz they nailed it.

I'm really glad you liked it all! Logan (Leguminous S.P.R.O.U.T.) deserves a thanks for a lot of it. She sent the Alkaline Trio LP, Pink Spiders 7", and a bunch of the music stickers out of the goodness of her heart. Hope you have a merry Christmas!

housing works is awesome! such a great place.

what's the right way to face a lucky cat? a friend of mine brought me one back from a trip a couple years ago and i just casually put him on my shelf. didn't realize there was a proper way to place him!

Ok now to answer you:

Stores put them at entrances. Students where they study. If you live in a 3 story home then on the third floor. The rest of us in our bedrooms. What's the significance of each? Not sure but Asian culture is full of superstition as much as tradition and it's all awesome.

FM50jNb.jpg

Full Imgur gallery: http://imgur.com/a/WlpEw

Here's what I got: 

Stickers
What's Up Doc Blu Ray
Tape Waves - Let You Go (Cassette)
Pet Symmetry - Two Songs About Cars. Two Songs With Long Titles. (Clear)
Pet Symmetry - Two Songs About Cars. Two Songs With Long Titles. (white)
Lorde - Tennis Court 7" B/Side Swinging Party
Farewell Continental - EP #2 (With cool B/Side Etching)
Tape Waves - Let You Go (Bone White)
The Playing Favorites - I Remember When I Was Pretty (Blue with White Speckle)

There's no doubt in my mind it was thefavoriteplay, so thank you so much. This gift is really thoughtful and well put together, I'm digging that Tape Waves piece and listening to it as I type this, I can't wait to spin the rest!

Yeah, that was me, I knew you would like Tape Waves and I had hoped you didn't pick it up when the band posted an update here on VC. I thought it would be perfect to give you the Cassette and Vinyl since you enjoy both formats. 

The 'What's Up Doc?' movie is really funny and one of my favorites.

The Playing Favorites band include members from Sugarcult and Bad Astronaut (Marko Desantis and Joey Cape) among others and was a solid release Virgil at Suburban Home put out. The album has equal participation from all members and was said to have only been put together (from writing and recording) in about a week. 

The Farewell Continental EP#2 is a project from Motion City Soundtrack's Justin Pierre and has a really cool screenprint on the b-side of the disc. 

I saw you liked Pet Symmetry so I thought I would surprise you with the 2 other variants. 

Glad you liked it and Merry Christmas!  ;)