Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

here are your ss's. any recipient in RED failed to post a pic or made no mention of thanks.  if i missed your pic or you did thank your ss PM me so i can mark you off. i'm sure i missed one person. my apologies. so if you didn't know who your ss was, here it is.

Secret Santa             Recipient

jtcohenour -              batman (arrived) (pictured)

Batman -                   Violentsharks87 (delivered) (PMED regarding pic)

Violentsharks87 -      marc32137 (arrived) (pictured)

marc32137 -              Chino (arrived) (thanked ss but no pic)

Chino -                       ozfacter (delivered, left with individual) (pictured)

ozfacter -                   JessRD (arrived) (PMed)

JessRD -                    thefavoriteplay (delivered) (pictured)

thefavoriteplay -         Woe Division (arrived) (pictured)

Woe Division -            yocaseycasey (delivered) (PMED)

yocaseycasey -          cesar11 (delivered) (pictured)

cesar11 -                    BillyA (arrived) (pictured)

BillyA -                         Enjoytheriderecords (delivered) (PMED)

Enjoytheriderecords  - elcowboyrojo (arrived) (posted pic)

elcowboyrojo -             Seangj (delivered)(pictured)

Seangj -                       thejesseb (arrived) (pictured)

thejesseb -                   themeconspiracy (delivered to in your mailbox) (pictured)

themeconspiracy -       Zephyrson Frowell ( pictured)

Daderson Drowell -      koljou (arrived) (pictured)

koljou -                          roadmonkey (delivered) (pictured)

roadmonkey -              futurekills (delivered) (pictured)

futurekills -                  onlettingjoe (arrived) (pictured)

onlettingjoe -               danionly (arrived) (pictured)

danionly -                   -tess (arrived) (pictured)

- tess.-                        ajhall04 (delivered) (pictured)

ajhall04 -                    KeepDoubting (arrived) (pictured)

KeepDoubting -         Thomasj182 (arrived) (PMED) (pictured)

Thomasj182 -            BigSeth (arrived) (PMED) (excused till end of january due to certain circumstances)

BigSeth -                   brevity38 (delivered ) (PMED)

brevity38 -                 jacobraccuia (arrived) (pictured)

jacobraccuia -           dkrtz (arrived) (pictured)

dkrtz/Dakota -            gkersey (arrived) (PMED) (made mention but no photo)

gkersey -                   museummouth (arrived) (pictured)

museummouth -        smailtronic (arrived) (pictured)

smailtronic -              gentlemanjerseydave (arrived) (pictured)

gentlemanjerseydave - ᵒᴥᵒ (arrived) (pictured)

ᵒᴥᵒ -                           Brüsker Dü (arrived) (pictured)

Brüsker Dü -               jr1203 (delivered front porch) (pictured)

jr1203 -                       DakotyTSI (arrived) (PMED) (pictured)

DakotyTSI -                Kevin ! (arrived) (pictred)

Kevin !  -                    TinaDaZombieRomancer (arrived) (PIctured) ️

TinaDaZombieRomancer - Brock N Roll (arrived) (pictured)

Brock N Roll-            Mean 3arls (arrived) (pictured)

Mean 3arls -             TimesTwo (arrived) (pictured)

TimesTwo -                LooseyMoosey (delivered) (PMED) (pictured)

LooseyMoosey -        Ianrees (arrived) (pictured)

Ian Rees -                 ronniegwilliams (delivered) (pictured)

ronniegwilliams -       David The Gnome (delivered) (pictured)

David The Gnome-    Diabretic (arrived) (pictured)

Diabretic -                 Noalarmplanet (arrived) (PMED) (pictured))

Noalarmplanet  -       nancy_raygun (arrived) (pictured)

nancy_raygun -         Notorious P.O.U.T f (received gift) (pictured)

Notorious P.O.U.T -   youinreverse (arrived) (pictured)

youinreverse -           tellallyourfriends (arrived) (pictured)

tellallyourfriends -      Will from West Philly (received gift) (pictured)

Will from West Philly- A.K. Aych (made mention)

A.K. Aych -                jtcohenour (arrived) (pictured)

daegor -                    hudsoncomplex (arrived) (pictured)

hudsoncomplex -      daftyler (delivered) (pictured)

daftyler -                    zpusher (arrived) (pictured)

zpushor -                   Parking Lot (arrived) (pictured)

parkinglot -                daegor (arrived) (pictured)

so all the people in red made no mention of gifts or did not pic (if you did please let me know). 

im leaving it up to you guys.. would you rather just not let them do it next year since they can't follow rules? or have to deliver by a deadline and if not, they can't ship by deadline they are out and we will stick a alternative person in their place.. help me out. i know some of you were pretty bummed your ss's didn't even say thank you and i know that can be pretty disappointing.

also what do you think about Christmas in April and doing this again. but limited to maybe something small.

so all the people in red made no mention of gifts or did not pic (if you did please let me know).

im leaving it up to you guys.. would you rather just not let them do it next year since they can't follow rules? or have to deliver by a deadline and if not, they can't ship by deadline they are out and we will stick a alternative person in their place.. help me out. i know some of you were pretty bummed your ss's didn't even say thank you and i know that can be pretty disappointing.

also what do you think about Christmas in April and doing this again. but limited to maybe something small.

My recipient posted a pic and thanks so I can't really speak on whether or not the people who didn't should be included next year. I'll leave that up to the Santas who weren't thanked.

But Christmas in April sounds like a great time!

Yeah, I think it's pretty lame that some people didn't post pictures. Maybe it'd be best if they didn't participate next year. Christmas in April sounds cool!

Also: jr1203 (my recipient) did post a picture after making mention of his gift.

Just wanted to put it out there that my secret Santa has more to my present that they needed to finish making that theyvwrrent able to due to personal family stuff that took priority. I will definitely post a pic once it arrives!

yeah, and shouldn't you be getting home soon. forgot that you mentioned you wouldn't be home till today. post what ya got.. and you can post the rest later.. 

It's a little weird they didn't post pics but unless they didn't send a gift or their gifts sucked I dunno about banning them. Seems harsh.

how would you feel if you sent a gift and never got a response or a thank you. i had to send copious amounts of PMs just to get people to send stuff on time. if not, people would be getting their stuff next month (like in past years) with they way some people are on here if they arent hounded to send, or PMed that they'll be called out, they wont do it. and some do it yearly. so it's not harsh to do so. its very little to ask, and if you can't put a photo up and can't communicate, then you have no reason being in a secret santa group. (this sounds harsh, but just pretend i'm speaking like morgan freeman)

how would you feel if you sent a gift and never got a response or a thank you. i had to send copious amounts of PMs just to get people to send stuff on time. if not, people would be getting their stuff next month (like in past years) with they way some people are on here if they arent hounded to send, or PMed that they'll be called out, they wont do it. and some do it yearly. so it's not harsh to do so. its very little to ask, and if you can't put a photo up and can't communicate, then you have no reason being in a secret santa group. (this sounds harsh, but just pretend i'm speaking like morgan freeman)

Mine mentioned getting it but no picture. Sucks.

I'm down for Christmas in April

i completely agree. i know that if i put a lot of effort into someone's gift and never heard from them again, i'd be pretty bummed :( we're not talking "did you thank aunt trudy for the gift card?" here...it's clear looking through all the photos that were posted, that people really put a lot of thought and time and effort into putting together really awesome gifts. for a lot of us, i really feel like half the fun of doing SS is in seeing your person's reaction to all the stuff that you spent so much time picking out for them. i feel like that part's just as exciting as opening my own gift.

i just think it seems really inconsiderate and ungrateful for someone to get a gift and not be capable of taking 5 minutes to acknowledge it and say "thank you".

especially since "post what you got and say thanks" is actually mentioned in the official rules and mike tried to contact these people multiple times. he shouldn't have to chase someone down to get them to do something that's really just basic manners in the first place. :/

and yes, i'm totally down for some secret santa bunny something or other! (and mike, i'd be down to help organize!)

I think that this is more than just saying "thank you" and showing what you got. It's about being a part of the community and sharing in the fun. Getting in on the exchange and then disappearing from the thread is kinda rude. I don't know exactly why people haven't posted, but it's been almost a month since Christmas and even the busiest people can find two minutes to get on here if at one time they filled out the secret santa form.

I didn't participate this year because I worried I'd be a crappy gift giver, so I'm totally for something in April. Not gonna be the worst!

Casey personally thanked me via pm

My dude never posted a pic but he did express thanks via pm. I don't know about a penalty or anything now, but it should definitely be explicitly stated that photos in the thread are a requirement for participation moving forward. Not a good feeling seeing everyone else show off their stuff and your person not taking a minute to do the same.

My dude never posted a pic but he did express thanks via pm. I don't know about a penalty or anything now, but it should definitely be explicitly stated that photos in the thread are a requirement for participation moving forward. Not a good feeling seeing everyone else show off their stuff and your person not taking a minute to do the same.

I agree on both accounts, photos should be mandatory and I feel like banning/penalties would be harsh. 

1421709111687.jpg

Sorry for the shitty phone pic. That camera has awful quality, but it's all I got! These are the records Thomasj182 sent me! I'm super stoked on it cause I had been meaning to pick them up but never did. I really really appreciate it and I'm excited for the second part to get here! Thank you! 

Also, thanks controlthebleeding for everything you do to make this all happen!

1421709111687.jpg

Sorry for the shitty phone pic. That camera has awful quality, but it's all I got! These are the records Thomasj182 sent me! I'm super stoked on it cause I had been meaning to pick them up but never did. I really really appreciate it and I'm excited for the second part to get here! Thank you!

Also, thanks controlthebleeding for everything you do to make this all happen!

That gerard way album was one of my favorite 2014 releases !! :D