Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

ok, i have 18 more people to respond to with ss inquiries. i'm going down the list since they are probably not reading this. also i'd suggest keeping everything secret santa on one thread. but i'll ask a adminn if we can sticky it up next to ours and we can do that if allowed.. sound good?

people, PM ME please if you haven't already.

A little about myself. I'm a promoter and a bartender out of Charlotte, NC pretty much into whatever kind of good punk. Always looking for new bands to get into. I'm a huge hockey fan so anything Boston Bruins would be awesome!

XL in shirts, hoodies , etc.

Bands I listen to on the regular involve Beach Slang, Direct Hit!, Elway, Weston, Bouncing Souls, Lawrence Arms, Descendents, pretty much anything in between and whatever may fall under the genre or style.

Major wants are pricey and by no means do I expect them. But the lillingtons boxset, teenage bottlerocket boxset, and the lagwagon boxset, also color fat stuff, no use for a name, Tony sly, Joey cape, scorpios, banner pilot etc...

Zephyrson Frowell  - PM me i for some reason cannot link to message you. 

everyone has has been notified with their recipients. Thanks for doing this people. should be fun.

mike

He changed his username. It's now Daderson Drowell

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/7197-daderson-drowell/

Got my recipient! Super stoked on participating this year.

A little about myself. I am a huge Detroit Red Wings fan. I listen to a lot of Touche Amore, The Wonder Years, Every Time I Die, and Angel Du$t.  I'm always looking for new hardcore and punk to get into. I wear size M in shirts and L in hoodies. Last thing i can think of is that I am a huge wrestling fan from anything to WWE, ROH, and PWG so any shirts from Colt Cabana, CM Punk, Stardust, and El Generico would be super cool!!

I am also working on my Self Defense Family collection so anything i dont have would be awesome!!

if everyone can refrain from changing their names at least till after this is over. thanks

Almightyseancore - you're the only person i can't respond to due to your message box being full. so please pm me. 

whoever got almightyseancore... please refrain from buying anything till after his deadline...

everyone else has gotten their ss's. Thanks people. if i'm short with people it's because i have tons of stuff i'm doing and trying to be quick about it.. don't take it as me being mad or irritated. im not.. just trying to get through all these questions and pms...

Some info to get my SS started:

My name is Adam. I live in Woodstock ON and I'm 32. My wife and I moved to the country last year and have a 1 acre lot and love it. We have 3 dogs, and they're pretty important to us. I have a garage for the first time, and need cool stuff to hang up in it! My wife and I have fostered dogs for the past few years, and our last one just recently got adopted. I volunteer as often as I can, both with ARF Ontario and the MS Society.

My favourite bands are Foo Fighters, Hot Water Music, The Bronx, Riverboat Gamblers, Lucero, etc. My trade list can be found here: http://deadformat.net/tradelist/hudsoncomplex . I’ve added a few things to my “want” list to help my SS out.

As for movies, I enjoy stupid comedies (Step Brothers, Grandma's Boy), and horror movies. I also love anything Ghostbusters related. I don't religiously watch any TV shows, other than American Horror Story, but I'm a huge Simpsons fan.

I collect burger related things. Anything with a burger on it is cool with me. I even have a burger tattoo. My current collection has overtaken about 2 shelves, and it's growing. Two years ago my secret santa got me a burger shaped picture disc by The Stranglers...so cool!

My wife and I both really like art. She's an art teacher and we enjoy going to galleries. I also enjoy antiques, and we go to antique markets quite often.

I drink craft beer and enjoy good quality scotch and vodka. I'm a Yankees fan and was lucky enough to attend Jeter’s retirement ceremony at Yankee Stadium in September.

Hope this helps!

I'm Paul. I'm a 27 year old male. I've been slowing reducing my record collection over the last year. I'm focusing mainly on alkaline trio , saves the day, gaslight anthem, dead by 23 records, Asian man records, harmless records. Love going to concerts and festivals. I think every year I have received some sort of booze and would like that to keep up. Oh I live in Milwaukee wi now and am getting married this weekend. I also completed my second marathon yesterday so I enjoy running. In the winter I'm big into snowboarding. I am a slow reader but I enjoy it. Got a book a couple years ago that I really enjoyed. It was called Florida road kill or something like that. Standup comedy is something that interests me and I'm looking forward to perform it in front of a crowd sooner rather than later. Red licorice is my biggest food weakness.

If u want to get me an ipad I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Hello, I am Taraneh from oklahoma. I'm big into soundtracks and other than that my music taste is all over the place. My collection is fairly small < 250 and I try and keep my discogs updated pretty well. I'm always interested in hearing new stuff so while I would love to have one of my wants in my list, if you got me something that you think I would like then I'd probably be pretty thrilled!

I love tv shows with my favorites being it crowd, bobs burgers, doctor who and Simpsons. Favorite movies are eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, donnie darko, Shaun of the dead and Her.

I socially drink so i go months without drinking since drinking alone bums me out so I wouldn't really enjoy alcohol as a gift :( I am very into knitting and crocheting and I always carry a bag of yarn around me so I can knit and I do get made fun of a lot but I'm used to it

I love art and if you draw me something then I will hang it on my wall and pretend I drew it :D

I don't have a favorite color, it just varies a lot. I think right now it's coral and seafoam green.

I have my discogs and Instagram linked in my sig. Probably the best way to know me is to look at my Instagram page. Oh and I'm female .... A lot of people think I'm a boy

I'm Marc - 27 (28 in about a month). Former upstate New Yorker now living in Florida and entering my 7th year of working in radio.

My collection's much smaller than it was this time last year. I had to sell off a bunch of it because bills were piling up and I had the "time to be financially responsible" epiphany.

I keep my tradelist up to date on a consistent basis.

https://deadformat.net/tradelist/marc32137

Musically - I'm a DTR pop punk kid at heart. Favorite Bands- Weezer, Descendents, Blink.

Favorite movies - This Is Spinal Tap, Back To The Future, Clerks, Star Wars. I also quote The Simpsons on a way-too-often basis.

I also enjoy playing guitar, going to shows and cons, video games (PS3), and LEGO.

Bonus question that everyone could/should answer:

Do you listen to podcasts and if so- which?

I listen to a bunch of SModCo (Hollywood Babble On, FEaB, TESD, SModCast, etc.) as well as Nerdist, WTF, What Say You?, and Adam Carolla once in a while.

I feel weird doing this, but I am Ashton, 27, and I'm a gal from NJ. My collection is small and my want list is smaller. (Link in sig.) =\ I don't expect to receive anything on my want list, but hopefully this post will help paint a better picture of what my lovely SS could send to me.

Jimmy Eat World is my favorite band, but I was brought up on grunge for all of my childhood so I feel a special connection with that type of music.  Bands like Basement, Client., & Superheaven have helped bridge my childhood to my present day music taste.

I'm a photographer - I shoot bands, portraits, and weddings.

I love giraffes and autumn and outer space. I went to Space Camp as a kid. Back to the Future is my favorite movie of all time (I have the license plate from Universal Studios!), followed closely by Dead Poets Society.  I also dig comedies like Tommy Boy, Tropic Thunder, Ace Ventura (2 is better than 1!), and Happy Gilmore.

Ummmmm.. I'm realizing I'm very boring. I like to bike and ride my longboard when my health permits it. I'm also on a Paleo diet - I like finding recipes to try and new ways to utilize Paleo-approved foods in different recipes.

I hope this is good enough!

Hi, uh, my name is Logan. I'm 21, a capricorn, I enjoy long walks on the beach, and drinking pina coladas while getting caught in the rain. Up until the 9th grade my school report card and health insurance card said I was male.

I have an entertainment business degree and plan to either continue touring or land a job with Disney (Tower of Terror and Haunted mansion 4EVER). Maybe both, who knows! I also tend to do a lot of freelance social media work because I used to be a social media manager. To be honest, I'm a total sucker for the internet. You can find all my social media handles under the name Loganeatsdirt. I really love astrology and all things "witchy" (except Ouija boards, keep that shit away from me). I frequently shop at places like Gypsy Warrior and Nasty Gal, which leaves lots of room for Daderson Drowell to make fun of me  ;) I read tarot and palms, mostly to drunk people in bars. 

Halloween is my second favorite holiday, the day AFTER Halloween is my first. 80% all things spooky? Count me in. My favorite movies are Donnie Darko, SLC Punk, Spinal Tap, Practical Magic, Like Crazy, and Dakota Skye. Coffee is my soul mate.

When it comes to music, everyone knows that I'm the ultimate fan girl for pop artist Marina and the Diamonds. Other than that I listen to a lot of Bayside, Say Anything, and Brand New (yeah, yeah...I know. I'm the worst.) My last.fm account and Deadformat normally reflects my taste pretty well. (Last.Fm | Deadformat)  I spent a lot of time listening to The Clash and Be Your Own Pet growing up, so I have a pretty soft spot for "punk" as well. 

I have a collection of princess crowns in my attic because I wear a new one every year for my birthday, this may also be because I'm a total sucker for Disney. Mulan, Alice in Wonderland, and The Little Mermaid are my favorites. Since this paragraph is apparently about how I'm a 12 year old stuck in a 21 year old's body, I also have an extreme love for dinosaurs. 

I once finished the first four seasons of the show Lost in under a month. I then took about 3 months to make it through the last season. 

I'm really bad at these things but I hope this helped! 

I'm having a hard time writing about myself, so I'm just going to do this in this kind of format:

Intro: I'm Dani/Danielle (yes, I'm a girl) I'm 27, going on 28. My birthday is actually on Halloween, so as you can expect, I love all things Halloween/spooky.

Pets: I have a cat named Regan (named from the Exorcist) and I keep a 20 gallon freshwater fish tank. If I could, I would have a pet squirrel, because they're adorable, and my favorite.

Music: I have a pretty stereotypical taste in music for this board. Just look at my discogs list. I still listen to a lot of what I listened to when I was a teenager. I do feel like I'm losing touch with 'new' music, though this board has introduced me to From Indian Lakes, Weatherbox, and Dikembe, which I really enjoy now.

Movies/TV: Favorite movie of all time is Beetlejuice. I actually have a Beetlejuice 1/2 sleeve. I love horror movies. Favorites are Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street and The Shining. Huge Harry Potter nerd. Other favorites are Return to Oz, anything with Bill Murray, Labyrinth, Dumb and Dumber, and The Fifth Element. Favorite tv shows are Rocko's Modern Life, American Horror Story, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Bates Motel.

Random: I have man crushes on Danzig and Vincent Price. I enjoy chevron, geometric, and swiss cross patterns. I love anything to do with time, Swatch watches, old clocks, roman numerals, and skeleton keys. I like anything nautical: anchors, ship wheels, knots, compasses, even old maps & atlases. When I was a kid I obsessed over my telescope, and I still love constellations and anything lunar. I have stretched ears, size 00g. 13 is my lucky number.

Edit:

Some things other people have talked about that I forgot: My favorite color/s are black & purple (darker purple, not lilac). I still own and play my PS2, and I have an Xbox360. I mostly enjoy horror & RPG games. Favorites are any Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Bioshock, and Left 4 Dead. I never could get into the taste of beer. I really love hard ciders & Irish whiskey.

Edited by DaniOnly

Hi my name is Ryan

I'm 24 and live in PA.

When it comes to music I like so many different genres and I'm a bit all over the place. I love 90s emo and indie rock, horror soundtracks, alternative, and a bit of everything else. My trade list can give you a good idea :)

Here's my trade list: https://deadformat.net/tradelist/heartificial

I also love horror movies, coffee, comics (mainly Batman, Swamp Thing and most Image stuff), Guardians of the Galaxy, I love to read also and I'm always open to new books. My favorite author is Hemingway. 

My favorite movies are The Vicious Kind, The Life Aquatic, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Almost Famous. And some of my all time favorite bands are Snowing, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Bright Eyes, Weatherbox, and Cap'n Jazz.

Oh and my favorite TV shows are The Office, Steven Universe, and Regular Show.

I'm Grant. I'm 30 and married. Just moved to Atlanta. I am almost an architect.

I love Rocky Votolato, The National, Starfucker, and some other stuff. 

I like to run.

I like beer and whiskey.

I like the Braves - even though I fall into a depression every Fall because of them.

I have a basset hound. 

This is him, pretending to be asleep:

fea28fecabce11e3907b120efa10692b_8.jpg

Ian, 31, I live in a small beach community just south of Los Angeles and am heavily tattooed.

I'm a huge hockey fan, but specifically love the LA Kings.  Lately i've gotten pretty heavily into backpacking, hiking, camping and just about anything outdoors.

I'm a dog lover and own a Shiba Inu named Rosie.

I love to cook.

I have a large art collection, a lot of it coming from the tattoo culture.

My music interests are pretty eclectic but my favorite bands always end up staying Rancid, Lucero, Deftones & New Found Glory. I also love 80s and early 90s hip hop.

Heres my tradelist https://deadformat.net/tradelist/ianmonsta & heres my Instagram incase you need to know more about myself and my interests http://instagram.com/ianrees

I find myself reading everyone's bios and thinking what I would buy for them. And then I remember...

My name is Spencer, I live in California, and I am 20 years old (not that it's all that relevant). I'm interested in quite a lot of stuff. My main interest/hobby is music (what? that's crazy). You can see what I'm interested in based on my tradelist but my favorite bands are Against Me!, The Weakerthans, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Bomb the Music Industry, Shinobu...blah blah blah. My favorite record label is Asian Man Records - I like 99% of the things Mike releases. Basically I dig anything punk/emo/etc. I've been listening to a lot of O Pioneers!!! recently. I also really dig 90's emo and the "emo revival" delio that's been rocking everyone's world. But my taste is pretty varied.

Here's my tradelist if you want to buy me records. If it's a band that is at all similar to what's on my list, I'm sure I'll love it. I don't expect you to even look at the want list, unless you want to: https://deadformat.net/tradelist/koljou

Beyond music I'm a big TV fan. It's my favorite way to not do reading for school. As everyone else has said, The Simpsons is the best show ever. I grew up on it. But I also love The Office, Parks and Rec, Arrested Development. My favorite movies are Office Space and Fargo. My favorite filmmakers are the Coen Brothers.

I have more t-shirts than I can count but I can always use more. I also live in plaid button ups and in the few days it gets cold here I cling to the times I can wear sweaters and jackets.

If you send me anything, then you are the best.

I am a full time student and I work basically full time in retail management. So I hate everything, but I love you.

Hello everyone, my name is Tyler Johnson, from Kitchener, Ontario and I'm 25 years old. For my music taste you can look in the sig, but my favourite bands/groups off the top of my head would be; M83, daft punk, brand new, danger(electro artist, don't even try looking ). Electronic music would have to be my genre of choice I am also a drummer.

I'm a 10 year vegetarian. But wouldn't call myself a healthy eater haha. My wonderful girlfriend is the cook.

I collect vinyl toys, usually Futurama, but have dunnys and such. Whatever looks cool.

I'm a bigg fan of TRON, and the video game Portal. As well as anything to do with them. As well as a Minnesota Vikings and a Manchester United fan. (only sports I really watch)

I'm not a big drinker, but I do enjoy trying new beers. But pretty apathetic to that.

I don't know what else to say. Hope that helps.

Edit: also a big lost fan. John Locke for World president.

Double Edit; Instagram account seems like it could help too http://instagram.com/daftyler

I'm Earl, I'm 23, and I live in Seattle.

My tradelist (though not super up to date) is a good representation of what music I like. Feel free to get me something from an artist that you love that I might not have heard of / you think I'd like.

As far as other stuff goes, I'm a huge Broncos, Nuggets, and Astros fan. My favorite TV show is Lost. My favorite movie is Donnie Darko. I listen to lots of podcasts like Comedy Bang Bang, How Did This Get Made, and Doug Loves Movies. I drink a lot of beer and read a lot of comics. 

Hi, I'm Jacob.

writing this sucks!!!!

I spent my college life in DC but finally moved home to CT and love it here.  I'm turning 23 in November.

I like hockey - the caps!

Tradelist in signature.  I made sure it's pretty up to date.  www.last.fm/user/skankandmosh to see who I like.  I don't have a want list but if it's in my top / Mogwai I won't complain.  I do that whole variant thing..  Have spent lots of $$ to see brand new live.

I am vegan and love eating / cooking / remaking gross meat dishes with delicious vegan alternatives.  I don't drink/smoke/*.

I like anime. - fullmetal alchemist might be my favorite. I do have the 4 elements from avatar the last airbender on my chest..     oooooh and I  love all studio ghibli

also big marvel fan!  If you want to get me that mondo captain america print with the shield i will die of happiness.

I play piano, sax, guitar and bass.  I am a web developer too. 

At that awkward in between size small and medium for shirts.  gildan / hanes cotton shirts are not comfortable.  h&m is my fav clothing store, but on the byas @ pac sun is hella comfortable.  i pretend i'm fashionable.  wear toms 90% of the time, and skinny jeans and v necks..

my insta! http://instagram.com/jacobraccuia

so excited for my SS. they don't know what's coming.

Hi, I'm Cesar. By the time the holidays hit, I'll be 27. I live in Los Angeles and work for AXS, which takes up most of my time.

I go to A LOT of shows.

I'm a beer guy (love Hefeweizen), hard booze isn't really my thing.

Boston Red Sox.

Horror films but also really like chick flicks for some odd reason.

Trade List is in my sig and as you can tell from that, I have quite an eclectic taste in music.

I recently really got into Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures and have 'em all over my work desk.

IG if you'd like to know more about my everyday life: http://instagram.com/ceserrano

If there's anything else you'd like to know SS, have someone else ask me and I'll get back at cha!

Thanks!