Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

I still feel nauseous thinking about the raids in Destiny. Zero desire at the moment, that's for sure.

Honestly, Crucible is what kept me coming back to Destiny for the longest time. But when it was revised so much to suit Bungie's preferences – use our matchmaking, try this gun, don't start matches that way – I just lost interest in playing altogether. I ranted about the constant switches in the meta not too long ago, so that's a dead horse I won't continue to pummel, I suppose.

I may check out the April update. But at this point I just feel like there are bigger fish to watch over.

I still feel nauseous thinking about the raids in Destiny. Zero desire at the moment, that's for sure.

Honestly, Crucible is what kept me coming back to Destiny for the longest time. But when it was revised so much to suit Bungie's preferences – use our matchmaking, try this gun, don't start matches that way – I just lost interest in playing altogether. I ranted about the constant switches in the meta not too long ago, so that's a dead horse I won't continue to pummel, I suppose.

I may check out the April update. But at this point I just feel like there are bigger fish to watch over.

Pretty much my exact sentiments. I'll still occasionally pop on Destiny for some Trials, but generally I'm pretty done with that game. And I'm not the type that gets burned out, I can play the same game over and over, it's just the way things have been handled (or mishandled) that broke my spirits.

I have been playing The Division, and really enjoying it. I definitely don't think it's a time-sink like Destiny, because it feels equally as grindy but without the "grandness" and emotional excitement that Destiny instilled. So I guess it is the same time sink, but nothing I'll sink the same amount of time into. But I will say the first time going through the City, and running into the dark details of what would really happen in an event like this and a breakdown of society, was a blast. It was really a new experience and I enjoyed finding lots of little dark details in the environment you could easily skip over.

I think the Darkzone is an interesting take on PvP, but it's not near the same enjoyment as Desinty PvP because it isn't competitive. It's just a gankfest. 

I do have hope for content in Division and am interested to see where they take it, because I have no hope for content in Destiny and likely won't touch the game except as I do now, occasional competitive PvP. 

The April news is depressing for Destiny. The single longest content drought in game history, and all we get is a reskinned Prison of Elders that we have to play 9x each week for gear across our 3 characters? It wasn't even that fun to begin with to play through 3x  a week, and I hated breaking up a regular raid group because it was only a 3-man content.  

It may have been unreasonable, but my expectations were at least one of the Y1 raids reskinned and re-challenged. That I'd be more inclined to go play through for a bit. 

I'm excited for the April Update. I thought PoE was awesome and I had a lot of fun playing with my buddies. I do really want updated raids though. If they can bring PoE up to levels why not do the same for Crota's End and VOG? I would love year two versions of Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Praedyth's Revenge, and Fang of Ir Yut. 

I've stuck with Destiny though. I can't find anything else I really want to spend my time playing. Bungie really needs to work on PvP too because I'm about done playing anymore of that. I play some Trials and Iron Banner when it comes around. 

I'm sure we will get some of the remaining exotics that they never released with The Taken King so there is something I can grind for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On September 11, 2016 at 9:23 AM, thejesseb said:

Yea same, been deep into Overwatch lately and feels weird coming back to this. Interested to see what new stuff they bring. 

Very weird.  Controls and gameplay are taking some adjusting, but Bungie made sure to completely dick all over my weekly rewards upon return just to make sure I feel right at home.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost at light level 380, and might get to go through my first run of the raid tomorrow night.

Had a ton of fun with Iron Banner this week, but haven't touched Trials yet. Would love to get to the lighthouse, but pretty certain that'll never happen, since it never did in Year 2.

Overall I'm enjoying ROI more than I thought I would. 

• 5 months later...

Solid trailer.  I hadn't seen or heard of that prior to thread.  Thanks for sharing.

I know Bungo wants to make D2 more story-driven, but I hope they don't skimp on a lot of the PVP aspect.  A campaign akin to Halo is pretty low on the list of things I'd like to see for longevity's sake.  I do think it's pretty genius that the game [supposedly] starts with the destruction of an environment that's been your safe haven for 3 years.  Absolutely the best way to convey that this is a new slate and things are different.

If anything, I'm most excited for the current gen's potential to handle this while no longer having to base a code around the needs of a PS3 or 360.  There's talk that the game's social environments (for patrol missions) are larger than all of the original patrol areas combined.  We'll have to see.

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Solid trailer.  I hadn't seen or heard of that prior to thread.  Thanks for sharing.

I know Bungo wants to make D2 more story-driven, but I hope they don't skimp on a lot of the PVP aspect.  A campaign akin to Halo is pretty low on the list of things I'd like to see for longevity's sake.  I do think it's pretty genius that the game [supposedly] starts with the destruction of an environment that's been your safe haven for 3 years.  Absolutely the best way to convey that this is a new slate and things are different.

If anything, I'm most excited for the current gen's potential to handle this while no longer having to base a code around the needs of a PS3 or 360.  There's talk that the game's social environments (for patrol missions) are larger than all of the original patrol areas combined.  We'll have to see.

I think they'll continue to refine and build on what was working, so I think the story missions will offer more story and cutscenes but play similarly. Possibly with the addition of some light raid mechanics or something to give boss battles more weight. I'm expecting more diversity, but it will play similar to how the game plays now. That said, based on how they evolved the first game and the continued inclusion of record books, the grind will still be real. 

Continuing the speculation, I suspect they were caught wrong-footed with the popularity of PvP and will have a pretty solid multiplayer component.  

• 1 month later...

gameplay reveal or whatever today.

looked pretty meh (as far as new stuff)

looked pretty same (as far as old stuff).

Replacing the Fire Warlock with Swordlock, Arc Blade with Arc Rafiki, and Bubble Boy with Steven Universe.

1 new raid at launch. new strikes. new story. where a selling point was "more cutscenes than all of destiny 1 COMBINED!" which I'm not sure how that's a selling point butok.

Still gonna buy. 4v4 cruck sounds like an improvement to your typical 6v6 chaos BS. Raid teams gon be mad about that change but I do not have more than 3 friends so I'm chill with it.

3 hours ago, rooks said:

gameplay reveal or whatever today.

looked pretty meh (as far as new stuff)

looked pretty same (as far as old stuff).

Replacing the Fire Warlock with Swordlock, Arc Blade with Arc Rafiki, and Bubble Boy with Steven Universe.

1 new raid at launch. new strikes. new story. where a selling point was "more cutscenes than all of destiny 1 COMBINED!" which I'm not sure how that's a selling point butok.

Still gonna buy. 4v4 cruck sounds like an improvement to your typical 6v6 chaos BS. Raid teams gon be mad about that change but I do not have more than 3 friends so I'm chill with it.

Raids still use 6 people, it's just PVP that is 4v4 across the board now. That's the way I understood it, and I think I saw a couple 6 person pictures in reference to the raid as well. Unless you were just talking about groups of friends, then my bad.

Either way, I'm excited. Looks like it'll be a good game. Plus ingame soccer, sa-weet

1 hour ago, backpackoat said:

Raids still use 6 people, it's just PVP that is 4v4 across the board now. That's the way I understood it, and I think I saw a couple 6 person pictures in reference to the raid as well. Unless you were just talking about groups of friends, then my bad.

Either way, I'm excited. Looks like it'll be a good game. Plus ingame soccer, sa-weet

I think he was implying that raid teams that played crucible were going to be bummed that not the entire squad could play crucible together now.

• 3 months later...