Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sadly, the meta of PVP changes so frequently that I don't have the time or energy to relearn how to git gud every couple of months.  Every gun gets nerfed every other week, and now they're rolling out some serious changes (like a lack of special ammo upon initial spawn) and I'm just not feeling it.  The last time I played, shotguns are still OP, and everyone seemed to wreck with The Last Word.  Try picking that thing up if you haven't already.  Getting good with a sniper is still the best way to rack up kills, in my opinion, but you need to get a good roll on something with solid perks and a good scope to make it multi-situational.  Close quarter sniping is fun and rewarding, but can be frustrating with a poor scope and rifle.  What class are you playing as?

^those are pretty accurate tips. One time I ran into Derek and I think rooks in the iron banner and they got rekt. Sometimes I'm really good at PVP other times I'm complete trash.

That's true.  That game was near the beginning of the end, for me.  I used to put my controller down in disgust if my K/D was close to 1.0.  And if I broke -1 or -2 after a match?  Ooh baby – you'd better believe I was gonna' sign off for a few minutes to collect myself.  But I think I went some trash like -11 that game.  It was on that super square hallway map, on Earth.  And it wasn't the only game that I went negative that night.

I used to be consistently good at the game, but now it's a complete crapshoot.  The "true skill" matchmaking has really sucked the fun out of the game, for me.  I'm so tired of playing full parties composed of individual try-hards who are trying to be Pro MLG Youtube Streamers, and live for Crucible.  I just don't have the energy.  When I was 17 I played Halo on Xbox live super competitively.  I practiced jumps in the game, I watched MLG footage on Youtube.  I had the timers memorized for power weapons on the map.  The kids I played with were considering graduating high school and starting a MLG tournament: I was a nerd and that shit was what I dedicated all my spare time into.  But 10 years later?  Fuck no.  I wish I could care that much about Destiny, let alone any video game, now.  I enjoyed signing on to play with Rooks and Shlebs back when we could get a random party – one that may stomp us, or one that we'd completely decimate.  I don't know if it's their super secret matchmaking algorithms, these days, or what... but any time I sign on to play PVP, I get nothing but absolute tryhards.  It's exhausting.  I wish I could reset my stats and just start from ground zero again.  Between the hidden matchmaking and the torrent of patches and tweaks they release, I just can't do it.

You hammer titan bitch :P

Mmm.  I recall a lot of shotgunning, too.  Rooks and I had words.