Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

Shit, stupid mobile makes it hard to reply to multiple things...

Rooks: I can't recall how many kills I got with hammers that game but historically (before the nerf) I was never nearly as OP with that super as a lot of people I played against. Could've done pretty well on that map though due to the layout. Just bad luck you guys ran into me when I was grinding my Titan IB rank, but hey if it wasn't me hammering it would've been someone else!

Derek: I normally use shotguns on 6v6 playlists, just works out better for my KD. Sniping is saved for trials.

Lebowski: just change subclasses. You don't need to start a whole new character. Gunslinger definitely isn't a bad subclass, but I like the other two Hunter classes more.

Shit, stupid mobile makes it hard to reply to multiple things...

Rooks: I can't recall how many kills I got with hammers that game but historically (before the nerf) I was never nearly as OP with that super as a lot of people I played against. Could've done pretty well on that map though due to the layout. Just bad luck you guys ran into me when I was grinding my Titan IB rank, but hey if it wasn't me hammering it would've been someone else!

Derek: I normally use shotguns on 6v6 playlists, just works out better for my KD. Sniping is saved for trials.

Lebowski: just change subclasses. You don't need to start a whole new character. Gunslinger definitely isn't a bad subclass, but I like the other two Hunter classes more.

Haha im just messing with you man. Derek and I must have been having a rough night already. For us to play a 6v6 gamemode means we were almost at controller throwing levels in 3v3 by that point hahaha.

I'd get a reliable pulse rifle or MIDA to start, they have lower learning curves than he hand cannons and feel more like other FPS guns. Hawksaw, PDX-45 or the Villany are all good choices. Hand cannons can wreck in the right hands but have a steeper learning curve.

Snipers, particularly the 1000 Yard Stare are a good bet. I've seen people still wreck with shotguns but only on builds that are really mobile and maps that support that. The trick is learning how to keep the reticule at head level on various maps. Shotguns still work but only in close quarters.

Learning the maps and where not to blindly dash into is a huge part of it. Similarly, knowing when to fight or when to run is just as important. The gunplay is only part of the equation.

Start with a nice stable pulse and sit back and take it catious at first. I think you're on PS4 or else I'd play with you.

EDIT: on mobile. Sorry for disjointed post.

I've always been a much bigger PvE guy but I could always hold my own (for the most part) in PvP. I would run the daily and rank all my classes to five when Iron Banner roled around but never really invested much time into it. The last couple of months I've been getting really bored with raiding and looking for that 320 ghost so I started playing a lot more crucible. I've never really been a great sniper but I'm pretty good with a shotgun. I challenged myself to put down the shotgun and pick up the sniper rifle and I've had loads of fun with it and in the process found out that I'm actually pretty good. I started playing trials two weeks ago and I've just been using LFG. I went into it not thinking I was going to go to the Lighthouse so I just had fun. I got with a few groups where we played well together but we always got sweaty players when it came to the first match on our new cards so we never got those first 3 wins right off the bat. I really just wanted to get five wins to get the armor pieces but unfortunately never got up there. The last two weeks I've gotten two artifacts from my gold tier package on my Hunter. That was lame.

As far as the meta goes, I've always used the opposite of what is really popular. When pulse rifles weren't I thing I was using Red Death like crazy and when hand cannons were OP as crap I was never using them. Now I use a mix of just about everything but fusion rifles. I've been having a lot of fun with hand cannons, auto rifles, and snipers. I'm still looking for that perfect role on a sniper but it just hasn't happened yet. I just wish that the Stillpiercer wasn't a hunter exclusive because I would use that thing allllll the time. It's a lot of fun to play with.

I would just encourage you to be uncomfortable for awhile in the crucible and eventually you will start getting better at whatever you're wanting to use. I went from getting MAYBE one sniper kill a game to 8 or 9 a game. But like Derek said, it changes so much that once you get used to one thing there is something else that is better and you just get wrecked. It can be so frustrating at times but really rewarding other times.

Edit: I'm also having tons of fun playing Crimson Doubles.

Guaranteed 320 ghost for competing in the crimson doubles.

According to Bungie, all you have to do is compete in 7 matches, no suicide pacts. The ghost will be delivered to the postmaster by the 23rd, one per account.

You can thank the casuals for bitching about this one. Also, I have been being a huge prick in CD. First round: Hawsaw, Ice Breaker. Second round: Thorn, 1K yard stare. Works best if yr using firebolts too.

You can thank the casuals for bitching about this one. Also, I have been being a huge prick in CD. First round: Hawsaw, Ice Breaker. Second round: Thorn, 1K yard stare. Works best if yr using firebolts too.

I've played a solid 50 matches and haven't had a ghost drop for myself or my partner. The drop rate was too low (not to mention RNG again to even see if it would be 320). Don't think Bungie is doing anything wrong by rewarding the people who are actually still playing the game.

I've played a solid 50 matches and haven't had a ghost drop for myself or my partner. The drop rate was too low (not to mention RNG again to even see if it would be 320). Don't think Bungie is doing anything wrong by rewarding the people who are actually still playing the game.

I played just around the same number of matches and got a 315 to drop on my last game when I left matchmaking, it didn't drop from the reward screen or bounties. I don't know if it was because I went 8-0 on that last game, or because I had played a certain number of matches.

I'm happy I'll get a 320 now, because I've had shit luck with ghosts from the raid. The hard mode raid has only dropped normal mode ghosts or none at all for me.

I got both ghosts and both shaders within 50 matches. I play this game daily tho.

Gotten a lot better at online play. By far the biggest thing I wasn't doing before was being patient. Now I'm hiding behind more walls instead of just flying out into open areas. Also, staying by my team a ton more.

My light is at 295. Will it continue to improve up to 320 by continuing to do missions, strikes, crucible, etc or are there very specific things you need to do to get the elite gear? So far it seems like every 10th engrams is something that actually helps me.

Gotten a lot better at online play. By far the biggest thing I wasn't doing before was being patient. Now I'm hiding behind more walls instead of just flying out into open areas. Also, staying by my team a ton more.

My light is at 295. Will it continue to improve up to 320 by continuing to do missions, strikes, crucible, etc or are there very specific things you need to do to get the elite gear? So far it seems like every 10th engrams is something that actually helps me.

Iron Banner and special events will help. The raid is the absolute best way though. It's the only place you'll see consistent 300+ drops.

Got a ton of play out of this but I think it's lost me. The missions I have remaining are pretty much impossible with my current light. Trying to organize a raid is a pain in the ass (even with the LFG site). I wish they would just match you up.

Trust me raids are hard enough with friends. Matchmaking would be a nightmare

Got a ton of play out of this but I think it's lost me. The missions I have remaining are pretty much impossible with my current light. Trying to organize a raid is a pain in the ass (even with the LFG site). I wish they would just match you up.

If we are on at the same time, just throw me an invite and I'll gladly help. I'll do the same if we have an open spot for the raid, we do it at least three times a week, and usually need a 6th.