Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

I still don't own a single piece of Legendary armor or weapons.  Zero purple equips for this guy over here.  So frustrating.  I'm just shy of 24 with nothing but Rare armor which I've fully upgraded.  The only way I've made progress is by getting new Rare armor with slightly more light.

That moon grind treated me well, earlier.  Kind of.  Got a handful of blues, a lot of green, and 3 Legendary engrams in ~300 kills.  The craziest part was that 2 of the 3 purple / Legendary engrams were in one wave.  I couldn't believe it.  Of course, they turned out to be shit.  Lackluster Rare weapons, etc.  The salt on the wound is that 1 of the 3 Legendary was encrypted into an Exotic helmet for a class I don't even play as.  Why we can't trade with fellow Destiny players is beyond me, so I stashed it in the vault for a rainy day.  Or at least the day I make a Warlock class and it hits level 20.

Anyways, I'm down to do that weekly challenge with you guys, despite barely pushing 24.  I have Thursday and Friday off, so I plan to grind a bit for better gear to see if I can't hit 24 or 25.  Shlebs was hoping to tackle the challenge on a higher difficulty that recommends level 26.  If it's a 6 man crew and everyone is 26 or so - except for me - I'll just stay back and play medic.  I've been working on the Titan subclass and just unlocked the dome shield this evening.  I'll try and grind that out over the next few days, and maybe we can all tackle the weekly strike this weekend?  We should pick a day and a time.  I believe it'll reset early next Tuesday.

[edit]

Does anyone know if you can replay the weekly on various difficulties?  You get 3 Strange Coins if you complete it on the normal setting, but 6 if you up the difficulty.  Obviously beating it once and claiming the coins means you can't replay it - on that difficulty... but can you double dip for a potential 9, on two different difficulties?  Food for thought.

so far my legendaries are "the comedian" shotgun, the "hood of no tomorrow" helmet, the "eclipse maw VI" gauntlets, the "eclipse maw VI" chest armor, and "eclipse maw VI" boots. i bought the gauntlets and chest armor via vanguard marks. everything else was through drops. 

that brings me up to mid-26. i can't upgrade the chest or boots any further without ascendant shards. i've only received one piece of armor that didn't go towards my class (warlock).

The moon treated me pretty good. I got a bunch of motes of light and strange coins. I got a legendary heavy weapon and a helmet. Sucks about getting legendary gloves for titan and chest for hunter. I did get an extra legendary helmet that I turned into shards for later. I was hoping to get more light gear but I kept getting weapons it was crazy.

[edit]

Does anyone know if you can replay the weekly on various difficulties? You get 3 Strange Coins if you complete it on the normal setting, but 6 if you up the difficulty. Obviously beating it once and claiming the coins means you can't replay it - on that difficulty... but can you double dip for a potential 9, on two different difficulties? Food for thought.

Once you do the weekly or daily all the rewards from all the difficulty tiers are gone until a new day/week starts.

(Sorry about my condition tonight heh)

Once you do the weekly or daily all the rewards from all the difficulty tiers are gone until a new day/week starts.

(Sorry about my condition tonight heh)

Nah, it's all good. Still had a good time. You've just gotta' unmute that mic.

(But for real, thanks for the info. Looks like level 26 is an essential grind for me.)