PO Now: Lydia Ainsworth - Right From Real (FFO Glasser)

_stretts

Lydia Ainsworth has a new record out in September and the few tracks that have dropped from it are quite fantastic. I didn't pay enough attention to them first time round but they are incredibly engrossing and very very well composed. It is being released on Arbutus records out of Montreal - a record label that I have been highly, highly impressed by this year - I am a big fan of the Sean Nicholas Savage album they released a few months ago, they also have a rad band called 'TOPS' coming out with a new album in September. Anyway, here is some choons from this new Lydia Ainsworth joint! The video is pretty fantastic as well.

Record can be preordered for a reasonable price and comes in 'Malachite' Green

White Shadows on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/arbutus-records/lydia-ainsworth-white-shadows

Blurring the boundaries between indie music, flmic orchestration, and electronic music, Lydia’s debut “Right From Real” thrives on haunting melodies and draws inspiration from a wide range of musical sources – Verdi’s Requiem, Ace of Base, Bulgarian Choirs, Bernard Herrmann, Tones on Tail, Art of Noise… to name a few. This sense of unexpected marriages of influence flows throughout much of Lydia’s work which features use of voice sampling and string arrangements woven into a unique minimalist fabric.

• 1 month later...