Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes ( Deluxe White Vinyl )

Guest deleted

There's over 70 copies available on Discogs right now. I wouldn't consider this release out of print by any means, and it's always been on white vinyl. I don't understand why an official reissue is necessary. Am I missing something?

edit: I'm now seeing I'm not the only one wondering. 

Edited by Velocity of Sound

On 10/3/2017 at 10:09 AM, Velocity of Sound said:

There's over 70 copies available on Discogs right now. I wouldn't consider this release out of print by any means, and it's always been on white vinyl. I don't understand why an official reissue is necessary. Am I missing something?

edit: I'm now seeing I'm not the only one wondering. 

Out of print means it isn't actively being printed anymore, which is true of this release. They haven't made any new ones for a couple years. The number available on discogs has nothing to do with its print status (although print status may impact inventory and price on discogs). 

4 hours ago, ntslash said:

Out of print means it isn't actively being printed anymore, which is true of this release. They haven't made any new ones for a couple years. The number available on discogs has nothing to do with its print status (although print status may impact inventory and price on discogs). 

Let me say it this way, the supply and demand seems way off to need a repress. 

58 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Let me say it this way, the supply and demand seems way off to need a repress. 

I don't think inventory on Discogs is necessarily the best way to determine if something needs a repress. After all, the majority of vinyl purchasers don't use Discogs. There are plenty of Radiohead/Thom Yorke fans who don't own this release yet. I personally don't own it, but I will probably pick up the repress. I never would have bought it off Discogs though. 

And since 811 people on Discogs have it on their wantlist, I'd say there is plenty of demand for it. 

• 3 weeks later...