PO Soon: Cursive - Ugly Organ Deluxe Remastered 2LP

gmoney

Green then black then green again.

Not according to SC:

LBJ-51 Cursive The Ugly Organ LP 2003 01/30/03 RTI 3000 1/9 black standard 1st pressing.

LBJ-51 Cursive The Ugly Organ LP 2003 11/4/03 RTI 1000 2/9 green standard 2nd pressing.

LBJ-51 Cursive The Ugly Organ LP 2004 10/26/04 RTI 2000 3/9 green 180 gram 3rd pressing, 1st on 180 gram vinyl.

LBJ-51 Cursive The Ugly Organ LP 2006 09/29/06 RTI 1000 4/9 black 180 gram 4th pressing.

LBJ-51 Cursive The Ugly Organ LP 2008 03/13/08 RTI 1000 5/9 black 180 gram 5th pressing.

LBJ-51 Cursive The Ugly Organ LP 2008 11/28/08 RTI 1000 6/9 green 180 gram 6th pressing.

LBJ-51 Cursive The Ugly Organ LP 2009 08/29/09 RTI 1000 7/9 green 180 gram 7th pressing.

LBJ-51 Cursive The Ugly Organ LP 2010 08/30/10 RTI 1000 8/9 green 180 gram 8th pressing.

LBJ-51 Cursive The Ugly Organ LP 2012 01/27/12 RTI 1000 9/9 green 180 gram 9th pressing.                        

That's okay. I love Danzig S/T and Lucifuge, but they lost me after that. It happens.

Samesies! You're pretty rad. Thanks for coming and talking to us about stuff, btw.

Edit: I think it's because of the switch from more strings to horns kind of thing? I donno. Last time I went to a Cursive show I got really drunk and kept yelling "Dirt of the Vineyard."  :/

As much as I love Cursive up through The Ugly Organ, and even dig Tim's solo stuff and The Good Life...I can't get into anything past Organ. :/

I really enjoyed Happy Hollow and Mama... (although admittedly it did take many listens of both before really clicking), but Gemini is one I really haven't been able to, as much as I've tried. I really want to enjoy it, and just can't get into it at all.

I really enjoyed Happy Hollow and Mama... (although admittedly it did take many listens of both before really clicking), but Gemini is one I really haven't been able to, as much as I've tried. I really want to enjoy it, and just can't get into it at all.

exact opposite for me.  Love everything up through The Ugly Organ, and Gemini is the first album I really got back into.  Didn't care at all for Happy Hollow.

The remaster job on this thing is phenomenal. I was sent an advance of it the other day and I'm hearing things I've NEVER heard before in the songs. It's crazy to play a record you've had in your collection for a decade-plus and all of the sudden discover new layers, but it's a great kind of crazy.

The remaster job on this thing is phenomenal. I was sent an advance of it the other day and I'm hearing things I've NEVER heard before in the songs. It's crazy to play a record you've had in your collection for a decade-plus and all of the sudden discover new layers, but it's a great kind of crazy.

Wow, that's rad to hear. I think I've worn down my original a lot, the remaster will be a great addition.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in this release. The only extras are songs that have already officially released. I was hoping for some demos or live stuff. I still ordered immediately, but I'm sure there is more in the vault that would be awesome to hear! I hope Saddle Creek does more of these reissues soon!