Black Friday Record Store Day 2014

For sure get pissed at the guy if you don't like the prices....or just don't buy them, but clearly there is several people who don't mind the price.

Presales are completely ok though by eBay's policies....so reporting it isn't going to do anything.

It's just the principle that pisses me off when people do this. I shouldn't feel bad though if some idiot drops $100 for a cassette or $150 for an Elvis record. It doesn't seem to be an issue either because they're still on ebay and RSD removed my comment about it on FB.

Here is what my favorite record store just posted about their new RSDBF disclaimer: 

Laurie's Planet of Sound in Chicago IL

And here is our Black Friday disclaimer:

We’ve decided not to make a HUGE deal out of Black Friday this year. It’s a LOT of work for very little payoff, and these "extra" Record Store Day holidays tend to discourage our regular customers— who we want to be sure are always #1 here. Also, we believe that many of the special Black Friday releases are severely lacking in both quality and interest, especially considering their gouged-out prices. It’s hard for us to participate in an event that 1) seems like a cash-in for the music industry bigwigs, and 2) encourages record flippers to get at our stock before our true regular customers (especially during a holiday weekend in which, while we will be open and working, we would like to try and enjoy). 
So. That said, we WILL be getting Black Friday releases in, in limited quantities, and we will have them behind the counter when we open (at our regular 11am opening time) on 11/28. We won’t be posting a list of our stock or anything like that. So just come by! We’re hoping to just have a nice, calm, chill, post-Thanksgiving day. We WILL have our infamous CHRISTMAS SECTION together, and we’ll be thankful for all those who stop by!

As a faithful supporter and customer of this store year round, I feel completely taken for granted as a consumer. What really ticked me off was the comment about these Record Store Day holidays tending to discourage their "regular" customers. I guess the people that shop on RSD and otherwise the rest of the year at this store are chop liver. 

Here is what my favorite record store just posted about their new RSDBF disclaimer:

As a faithful supporter and customer of this store year round, I feel completely taken for granted as a consumer. What really ticked me off was the comment about these Record Store Day holidays tending to discourage their "regular" customers. I guess the people that shop on RSD and otherwise the rest of the year at this store are chop liver.

I see nothing wrong with their post. Calm down

It's true though...I'd rather go to a joint that isn't having RSD stuff on RSD thanto a store packed with assholes.

There is 363 other days to go into an independent record store and go through every crate they have looking for a hidden gem, sell your used media, talk with the employees ect. 

Laurie's has the right to do whatever they want on Black Friday or Record Store Day for that matter. This is considered one of the most popular record stores in Chicago. In April RSD, the line to get into the store at opening was close to 1000 deep. I have NO problem if they don't want to participate, but then the store shouldn't be recognized as a RSD  supporter or vendor. Their RSD process has always been super smooth and very organized. I've never seen any shouting, fighting, bickering, claiming, ect. Assholes is the last type of person this store has to worry about. 

Granted, this holiday (RSD) has lost some of the true spirit that made this so special for all of us collectors to head to our favorite store and get some special released gems to add to our collection, but to throw all their normal customers under the bus just because they want to "take it easy" seems like a very lame excuse. It's not like I would try to report them to RSD or anything, thankfully there are other options in Chicago.  

The only thing I really require this Black Friday is The Acacia Strain - The Dead Walk. Talked to the owner of my local shop today and they aren't getting any copies. Can anyone keep an eye out for me? On the upside I get to go to True Love's New Young Gods record release show on Black Friday.

I called every store in SF that is on the website and they are not doing Black Friday or didn't ordered the GOTG tape.

With that said, does anyone know of a store in SF that is not listed on RSD site and is actually getting RSD stuff or would anyone be able to get me the GOTG cassette?

Did u call the Amoeba in SF? Or 1234 go records in oakland? I guarantee they are doing stuff this year! Not sure about the tape but normally Amoeba gets at least one of everything....when we are in line they come out with a list to let us know what is not available....good luck...

Welp I didn't want much but everything I wanted was Unavailable. Can anyone help me out with some GOTG tapes? I need to get 2 copies 1 for me and 1 for my GF. Will gladly overpay.

I plan to grab a couple of the GOTG cassettes for the boards as I don't collect them anyway. That's assuming the store I go to will have them, but if I can get them then I will let you know. 

Did u call the Amoeba in SF? Or 1234 go records in oakland? I guarantee they are doing stuff this year! Not sure about the tape but normally Amoeba gets at least one of everything....when we are in line they come out with a list to let us know what is not available....good luck...

Both Amoeba and Rasputin couldn't tell me if they ordered it. Rasputin told me this morning that as of now, they have gotten it in any of their shipments. Getting to Oakland will be a hassle with work and all that junk. 

Both Amoeba and Rasputin couldn't tell me if they ordered it. Rasputin told me this morning that as of now, they have gotten it in any of their shipments. Getting to Oakland will be a hassle with work and all that junk.

Really??? Damn ... I always get the info from them. I can not get you the gotg tape since I already promised another member. Maybe they just stopped telling people over the phone. Well either way good luck. Most of the soundtracks I have secured and looks like I'm set on the miles Davis set. I'm sure you will find a copy since folk on here help each other out. And hey if you or anybody are going to sf Amoeba introduce yourself. I always meet a ton of cool people in line and chatting in that temp passes the time!