Black Friday Record Store Day 2014

Guys, remember that the stuff that's been announced is only about 10-15% of the total.  So we still haven't really had any major labels announce their stuff yet, or some of the good indie distributors.  So we have a long way to go before November.  Most of the good stuff we'll likely start seeing in early October.

They're purposefully downsizing Black Friday RSD this year....the goal is to keep the attention and majority of releases for RSD

If anybody is wondering why the list looks lackluster/smaller this year

Seriously?  As far as we can tell they're taking on any releases that any distributors/labels are tossing at em. They're pretty hands off this year, we contacted em to find out what stickering to use for BF releases, and they just said "use whatever, last years is fine" seems like they're being more slack about things this year than in the past.  Not combating your post, just wondering if there is any info out there explaining them downsizing it. Genuinely curious about that.

Seriously? As far as we can tell they're taking on any releases that any distributors/labels are tossing at em. They're pretty hands off this year, we contacted em to find out what stickering to use for BF releases, and they just said "use whatever, last years is fine" seems like they're being more slack about things this year than in the past. Not combating your post, just wondering if there is any info out there explaining them downsizing it. Genuinely curious about that.

Could've been just the distributer I temporarily help with (C.I.M.S.) downsizing their releases. I asked the warehouse manager if they were going to need help getting Black Friday releases out and this what I was told. I haven't looked at any lists for this year or anything though.

Could've been just the distributer I temporarily help with (C.I.M.S.) downsizing their releases. I asked the warehouse manager if they were going to need help getting Black Friday releases out and this what I was told. I haven't looked at any lists for this year or anything though.

Makes sense I reckon. I know last year we submitted our RSD releases to CIMS in addition to of course our distributor, not this year I don't believe, for whatever reason.  Awesome you work at CIMS. I haven't done any programs with them in a while, but used to a couple years ago. Mostly good folks over there :)

Makes sense I reckon. I know last year we submitted our RSD releases to CIMS in addition to of course our distributor, not this year I don't believe, for whatever reason. Awesome you work at CIMS. I haven't done any programs with them in a while, but used to a couple years ago. Mostly good folks over there :)

Oh absolutely man, I feel like the bad apples have weeded themselves out