Black Friday Record Store Day 2014

Unfortunate for the small labels who's orders get bumped because of big label strength to satisfy a large fan base.

Or unfortunate because DMB is an easy target to make fun of despite them being no different than any other band that makes music that some people like and others don't.

You can add a mystery 12" from mewithoutYou (speculation points to a 12" maxi-single with remixes/versions of Ten Stories material):

http://instagram.com/p/tVZ3VwtlE-/

Kind of hoping it's delayed in some way, their records seem to sell at a good enough clip without the artificial hype of RSD. Every year there are more and more reissues/repackagings of relatively easy to come by existing material. I have to wonder what the breaking point will be, because already most of this shit would be unsellable 363 days of the year. You can get a NM copy of that Genesis record for $3 on Discogs, Christmas Rap for $8, Good The Bad & The Ugly for $9.75, etc. Are there really that many people who don't know how to find good prices on used records/are afraid of buying things that someone else has already touched? Does the world really need more Bon Jovi records?

I get that DMB will always have the extremist type haters, but I just will never understand why that hatred exists & why there isn't at least a respect for the band's legit talent. To say their music is "audio sodomy" just comes across as ignorant to me. 99% of pop country is "audio sodomy" because it's cookie cutter, unoriginal trash. DMB has supremely talented musicians, inspired lyrics, and originality.

If when you think of DMB you think of "bros" & Ants Marching, then congrats, you've covered 1% of the band.

Ok...enough thread derailment. It's just that the vague DMB bashing gets old.

I get that DMB will always have the extremist type haters, but I just will never understand why that hatred exists & why there isn't at least a respect for the band's legit talent. To say their music is "audio sodomy" just comes across as ignorant to me. 99% of pop country is "audio sodomy" because it's cookie cutter, unoriginal trash. DMB has supremely talented musicians, inspired lyrics, and originality.

If when you think of DMB you think of "bros" & Ants Marching, then congrats, you've covered 1% of the band.

Ok...enough thread derailment. It's just that the vague DMB bashing gets old.

He and his band are musically very talented....it's a shame their music sodomizes my ears though....it's not a blanket ignorant statement. Every single one of his fans I've come in contact with with over the past 16 years of me knowing of his unfortunate music has irritated the hell out of me before I even knew they were a fan....additionally his music incites such fruatration and rage inside of me it legitimately makes me want to throw flaming furniture through closed windows. I'm certain there is some kind of music that makes you feel the same....for me, "jam bands" i.e. Phish, O.A.R., String Cheese Incident, Moe, Dave Matthews Band, and Widespread Panic ect just absolutely make my skin crawl....all very talented musicians just absolute shyte to my ears

He and his band are musically very talented....it's a shame their music sodomizes my ears though....it's not a blanket ignorant statement. Every single one of his fans I've come in contact with with over the past 16 years of me knowing of his unfortunate music has irritated the hell out of me before I even knew they were a fan....additionally his music incites such fruatration and rage inside of me it legitimately makes me want to throw flaming furniture through closed windows. I'm certain there is some kind of music that makes you feel the same....for me, "jam bands" i.e. Phish, O.A.R., String Cheese Incident, Moe, Dave Matthews Band, and Widespread Panic ect just absolutely make my skin crawl....all very talented musicians just absolute shyte to my ears

Well I appreciate at least you recognize talented musicians even though u don't like the music. In my eyes that is a worthy opinion. Most people just shit all over the jambands and not realize the talent they are missing!

Well enjoy this while it lasts, because it is going to be harder and harder to break news of releases like we've been used to. I am not talking about releases announced through Rolling Stone or another website, or by a band directly either. I am talking about having 75% of the confirmed releases weeks before the official list comes out, like we've been able to do previously

Apparently the folks behind RSD got their panties in a wad (again) and have flat out been threatening stores who publish or leak release info. This hasn't been new, as this threat has been written in the solicitations for years, except now they seem to be acting upon it.

Of course, this sucks if you are a store and want to ask them, hey there is a Lee Hazelwood box that my cost is $210 on, that means I will likely have to charge around $250+ for, who would want to pay that.

So thanks to the Gestapo tactics run by RSD, stores have put in the fear of God in them. Believe me, every time Modern Vinyl posts a link to a store that has a listing, they are fucking that store over and basically acting like a public tattle tale, even though they aren't aware they are doing it. Because I guarantee any store that has been publicly outed listing Black Friday titles is being talked to and asked to remove it as we speak. In addition to potentially being banned for obtaining Black Friday releases.....other punishment could mean no future RSD involvement at all and even being banned from a label for an entire year (meaning for instance, you can't get any Warner products in your store). Pretty shitty if you ask me, but what can you do. You have to play the game if you want the products and a select few people set the rules for everyone.

Gotta love free speech.

Yeah that's absurd. How the hell are they supposed to order for the big day? Sure they are a record shop owner they should know what the customer wants but part of it seemed to be reading the reactions towards the releases and ordering accordingly.

Revelation Records BF release:

http://www.revelationrecords.com/news/show/426

Hell Yes!

For Black Friday 2014, Revelation Records will be releasing, for the first time ever, Shai Hulud's "A Profound Hatred Of Man" and "Hearts Once Nourished With Hope And Compassion" together as a 2xLP with a gatefold cover. It will be limited to 1,000 copies and on grey marble vinyl. Look for it on Friday, November 28th.

Hell Yes!

For Black Friday 2014, Revelation Records will be releasing, for the first time ever, Shai Hulud's "A Profound Hatred Of Man" and "Hearts Once Nourished With Hope And Compassion" together as a 2xLP with a gatefold cover. It will be limited to 1,000 copies and on grey marble vinyl. Look for it on Friday, November 28th.

Well shit, looks like I want that too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/diplo-florida-as-i-lay-dying-20141007

Big Dada is reissuing Diplo's "Florida" with bonus tracks on Black Friday. Article doesn't mention vinyl specifically but it seems safe to assume. Great news because my OG copy is beat to shit and pretty much unplayable.

this is so cool! I am so pissed that BF RSD is only in the USA...means even much higher costs for peeps outside.