Record Stores in Boulder, CO

Guest Admin
Wax definitely sounds like my kind of place. My friend mentioned the place on Pearl St., so I know I'll be going there in a few hours.

wax trax in bouldder closed down years ago, but albums is still around, barts on pearl is good, and denver has twist and shout and wax trax and angelos. Plus we have our punk rock flea market tomorrow if you are gonna be in denver on Saturday.

If you get down to denver, if we are not too busy, you can visit the vinyl collective office

Along with Virgil, I once worked at Wax Trax in Boulder. IT was by far the best record store in Boulder. The landlord kept raising the rent, while he never fixed the heater or A/C. Plus, they went from making a few thousand a day, down to $500!! They couldn't stay in business, so they closed down. It was a sad day indeed. Now, the only decent place for vinyl is Barts on Pearl Street (near the Old Chicago). I have no reason to go to Boulder, with the exception of a few burrito/sub shops.

God damn you all...

I went to college at CU and lived in Boulder from 2000-05 and have not made it back sense. I can totally echo was truetilldeath said. They always had to keep the doors open and the fan blasting in there. It got hot as shit in the summer in there.

I used to have a huge crush on the the daughter of the guy that owned Albums On The Hill. Then she was on that crappy FM Nation show on MTV.

Bart's is cool, but if you can get to Denver, Wax Trax is the place to go.

God damn you all...

I went to college at CU and lived in Boulder from 2000-05 and have not made it back sense. I can totally echo was truetilldeath said. They always had to keep the doors open and the fan blasting in there. It got hot as shit in the summer in there.

I used to have a huge crush on the the daughter of the guy that owned Albums On The Hill. Then she was on that crappy FM Nation show on MTV.

Bart's is cool, but if you can get to Denver, Wax Trax is the place to go.

Oh man, I forgot about how hot it got in there. They had this old crappy swamp cooler that really didn't work, I think it just blew mold around. I would spend summer nights in there sweating, swatting flys, and other horrible things. I remember when some old punk guy (He played in that band THE DEFEX, late 1970's) brought in his punk 7" collection. Imagine every KBD record, all of the Misfits and Dischord, etc... The manager wouldn't let me buy them, since they were going to put them on eBay. Total letdown.