PO Soon: Junius - Forcing Out The Silence EP (Re-issue)

Science of Silence Records has teamed up with Junius for their 10 year anniversary and will be re-issuing their Forcing Out The Silence EP on limited-edition etched vinyl!  This album has also been remastered for vinyl by Will Benoit.

Pre-orders are up now at www.scienceofsilence.net

Vinyl is limited to 500 with four different variants: Black (180g) [sOS Exclusive], White [band Exclusive], Red & White/Black Swirl.

1513776_10154718330065201_79020386427551

hmm, I'd be down with this if I knew the other EP was also getting it's own vinyl treatment...

Right now there's no plans for the Blood Is Bright EP.

HOLY!!!!!

When will it go up for PO?

Sometime next week the pre-orders will go live... same day as the Pray For Sound pre-order.

Definitely considering this...

That Pray For Sound album is spiking interest as well, haven't listened to it yet though. Don't think I remember having seen magenta done anywhere before. Clear with magenta sounds especially intruiging. -_-

Just received an e-mail update about both releases from SOS as well. I always cringe when I see Junius or bands like them being described as space rock though. I partly get the reasoning behind why someone would categorize them that but it needlessly confuses genres. Do people really detest post-rock that bad?

Definitely considering this...

That Pray For Sound album is spiking interest as well, haven't listened to it yet though. Don't think I remember having seen magenta done anywhere before. Clear with magenta sounds especially intruiging. -_-

Just received an e-mail update about both releases from SOS as well. I always cringe when I see Junius or bands like them being described as space rock though. I partly get the reasoning behind why someone would categorize them that but it needlessly confuses genres. Do people really detest post-rock that bad?

While their early stuff was definitely post-rock, I really think of them as shoegaze/metal (shoe metal? metalgaze? I don't know) now.

I can only think that the space rock description is as a result of the Rosetta split? The first half of Rosetta's discography (including the split) was described as 'metal for astronauts'.

While their early stuff was definitely post-rock, I really think of them as shoegaze/metal (shoe metal? metalgaze? I don't know) now.

I can only think that the space rock description is as a result of the Rosetta split? The first half of Rosetta's discography (including the split) was described as 'metal for astronauts'.

Agreed. Cerebral "metalgaze" seems to fit, with the posty elements prominent in Martyrdom (i.e. basically all the samples of Velikovsky).

Don't hear any of the usual 'space' sounds as in tons of reverb and delay per Rosetta, GIAA, Exxasens, etc.

Could just say alternative rock / metal as well, but they really delve deeply into the theme of their full lengths

• 1 month later...

Seems this is postponed

It’s the ten year anniversary for Junius being a band and the Forcing Out The Silence EP release.  Unfortunately, we’re all going to have to wait a bit longer for the vinyl on this one. 

The delays are a bit longer for Junius than they are for Pray For Sound.  We had to move Forcing Out The Silence to a January 27th, 2015 release date.  There were many factors that went into this, but in order to get this release right we had to bump it back a whole two months.  Believe us when we tell you that we are just as bummed out about this as we’re sure you are.

To anyone that pre-ordered this vinyl and were supposed to get a digital download today, there will be a separate email for you later in the day with a download link, as promised.
  Anyone that pre-orders moving forward will get the digital download on the new release date.

About the space-rock thing though - I've just become accostumed to it being used for psychedelic jam-bands that do lenghty trypp, far out there music. Usually they tend to be sans vocals. As such space rock is usually used to designate a certain sound not so much the concept behind the music, as it seems to be with Junius. Because their music to me also has this spacy feel, humonguous even.

They're definitely more shoegaze-ish metal to me as well. But some of their earlier stuff was easily more alternative rock/metal, indeed.

• 1 month later...

http://www.goldenantenna.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=278

300 on black

100 on tri-colour: black, white, oxblood

100 on ultra clear, blood red (just available on EU tour 2015).

I guess the /100 Black 180 gram wasn't really an "SOS Exclusive". Wish I held off and bought this tri-color instead. Live and learn.

I guess the /100 Black 180 gram wasn't really an "SOS Exclusive". Wish I held off and bought this tri-color instead. Live and learn.

Golden Antenna coming on board for the EU version was a late addition from the band after we already ordered our vinyl, so at the time of posting the pre-order is was exclusive to SOS.

On another note, we are giving away a test press ( /15) for this release.  Anyone that pre-orders is entered and a winner will be chosen at random when we're packing up orders in a couple weeks.