Dear White People

You think so? I'd hope the boards could have discussions about legitimate topics without the shit hitting the fan before page 3.

im on board for a discussion, and its not offensive. but the title is very inciting thats my only thing. Should i start a thread called Dear Black People regardless of the content inside? No.

im on board for a discussion, and its not offensive. but the title is very inciting thats my only thing. Should i start a thread called Dear Black People regardless of the content inside? No.

So are you saying you're offended by the movie title too, because you know regardless of the content inside it's wrong?

That's why this movie draws attention, it brings the issue of race right in your face, so no I'm not changing the title, as it's the title of the movie. Dear ___  People is meant to address a group, and is no way attacking them. It's like Hey you group of people listen.

If it's about a movie called "Dear Black People", I don't see the problem. What's this title supposed to be? "DISCUSS: 'Dear White People', The Movie"?

In this imaginary thread, is the included trailer for a movie titled Dear Black People?

Censoring the promotion of art because the title of said contents make someone uncomfortable is counterintuitive to having a discussion at all.

In this imaginary thread, is the included trailer for a movie titled Dear Black People?

Censoring the promotion of art because the title of said contents make someone uncomfortable is counterintuitive to having a discussion at all.

didnt watch the trailer because title/not knowing it was a movie and thinking it was a "oh sheesh" here we go thread.

Dear 16 year olds. Take this discussion to Tumblr.

Too bad there aren't any 16 year olds here.

Why should this discussion be taken to tumblr? It's a movie there's a thread for tons of movies on this site. So why not this one? Why not talk about the issues of race and racial identity talked presented by the film, in an environment filled with adults out side the demographic of age 13-25?

didnt watch the trailer because title/not knowing it was a movie and thinking it was a "oh sheesh" here we go thread.

Why didn't you look at the content within the thread before commenting then?

Why didn't you look at the content within the thread before commenting then?

with your, uhm...reputation in the past on here i figured that this was something that could've been bad before the content was watched. just a simple case of ASSuming makes you look like an ass. Color me an ass. My apologies. Carry on.