Saves the Day - Through Being Cool - Reissue out 12/9/14

gmoney

I’m a lurker here, so I’m sure I’ll probably get torn apart for posting this here, but on the subject of Saves the Day anniversaries, last year I covered all of stay what you are for fun to celebrate it’s anniversary in my life. Not trying to sell anything (it’s free). If you’re into that sort of thing, it’s here: https://errorjordan.bandcamp.com/album/stay-what-you-are-or-change-if-you-need-to

Ok, carry on

1 minute ago, iamjordanbanks said:

I’m a lurker here, so I’m sure I’ll probably get torn apart for posting this here, but on the subject of Saves the Day anniversaries, last year I covered all of stay what you are for fun to celebrate it’s anniversary in my life. Not trying to sell anything (it’s free). If you’re into that sort of thing, it’s here: https://errorjordan.bandcamp.com/album/stay-what-you-are-or-change-if-you-need-to

Ok, carry on

I'll check it out. It's only my favorite album ever, so no pressure.

8 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Never. DreamWorks has the rights to that album and will continue to be dicks about a repress.

Yea I know man but every time some STD album that has been readily available for 10 years gets brought up in gonna ask about this one. Fuck gimme Can’t Slow Down at least.

19 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Yea I know man but every time some STD album that has been readily available for 10 years gets brought up in gonna ask about this one. Fuck gimme Can’t Slow Down at least.

I feel you. I paid a dumb amount of money for a sealed copy of Can't Slow Down, but it was still less than the price of a open copy of In Reverie. It's the only STD full length I don't have on vinyl. 

7 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I feel you. I paid a dumb amount of money for a sealed copy of Can't Slow Down, but it was still less than the price of a open copy of In Reverie. It's the only STD full length I don't have on vinyl. 

I don't collect variants, so I've got what I consider a complete STD vinyl collection. I could get behind a proper Can't Slow Down re-press though. It's way past due.

18 hours ago, iamjordanbanks said:

Ok, carry on

This is actually a nice, new  and refreshing take on my favorite album. I love it!

19 hours ago, iamjordanbanks said:

Ok, carry on

Hey man, I just bought this (You won't be a billionaire, but still)  not only because I love STD and Stay What You Are, but because as soon as I read your commemntary and  See You came on I just totally lost it at my office table. 

I'm having the worst year of my life, going through a divorce (we were not married by law, but still I consider it that way), So before I go into too personal, THANK YOU for this for warming my heart.

10 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Hey man, I just bought this (You won't be a billionaire, but still)  not only because I love STD and Stay What You Are, but because as soon as I read your commemntary and  See You came on I just totally lost it at my office table. 

I'm having the worst year of my life, going through a divorce (we were not married by law, but still I consider it that way), So before I go into too personal, THANK YOU for this for warming my heart.

Hey there! I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed it. The record is really important to me, so I wanted to put some care into it. Glad it connected with you.

I hope you’re taking care of yourself. Go talk to someone if you need to. I went through 8 months of therapy last year after some tough times and it was the best choice I made for myself. Feel free to keep in touch. (Also, my other records are full of sad-bastard songs if you need some more commiserating). Be well

43 minutes ago, ejeffs said:

This is actually a nice, new  and refreshing take on my favorite album. I love it!

Thanks! I got a little weird with some of it. My method was to just go with the first idea that stuck and not over think it. Freakish is probably the weirdest take on there. It’s probably not for everyone.

thanks for taking the time to listen. I only wish I could write songs half as good as these.

1 minute ago, crossedoutname said:

Insane! I cant wait to see the video

It was kind of a bummer because the place was only half full when they came on (they were definitely counter-programming to the typical bands at that fest), but everyone who was there pushed up front and actually gave a damn, so that brought the energy back up.  Lots and lots of stage diving and at some point someone even passed out on stage if memory serves me correct.  Chris was so worried about everyone lol.