Saves the Day - Through Being Cool - Reissue out 12/9/14

gmoney

You guys are missing out if you're intentionally ignoring the other albums, Sound The Alarm is dope.

Did they ever properly repress the last LP? I passed on it initially because everyone said is sounded like shit.

Alright Rambo. I'm going to give the post-swya stuff a new listen on your recommendation. I haven't listened to them really since HS, but I remember not hating sound the alarm toooo much. They reeeally lost me on under the boards(?) though. I'll blame you if I hate them now though.

I was really into Saves the Day when I was in high school. Through Being Cool was literally the only album I listened to for several months when I was in 9th grade. Saves the Day was even headlining the first concert I ever went to when I was 13. I remember when In Reverie came out… I was so disappointed. I hated the sound and gave the CD away after it failed to grow on me. I gave everything after that a shot but it never felt like the Saves the Day I knew and loved. It's been so many years since I've played anything besides pre Stay What You Are. Maybe my taste has developed and and I'll hear the albums in a different way...

Alright Rambo. I'm going to give the post-swya stuff a new listen on your recommendation. I haven't listened to them really since HS, but I remember not hating sound the alarm toooo much. They reeeally lost me on under the boards(?) though. I'll blame you if I hate them now though.

Post SWYA --

Sound The Alarm > In Reverie >>> Under The Boards > Self Titled "Grapefruit" > Daybreak

The only one I'll throw on occasionally from the above is Sound The Alarm. 

Post SWYA --

Sound The Alarm > In Reverie >>> Under The Boards > Self Titled "Grapefruit" > Daybreak

The only one I'll throw on occasionally from the above is Sound The Alarm. 

Daybreak is my favorite post-SWYA. Easily actually. I love it.

Also eBay and some people have ranked their favorite StD albums.  So far I'd say, pretty successful VC thread.  Surprised it's not moving faster tho

I feel like I learned something. After the discussion of ranking Saves The Day albums, I listened to some of them again this morning. I learned that I still do not like anything post Stay What You Are

With so many people "dying" after represses come out do you think vinyl prices will go back down? That's really what I'm hoping for, especially with this press and the inevitable repress of Deja. Because literally, I can't......

I think this is becoming less and less likely, as the announcements on these pre-orders come months in advance, allowing the owners of OPs of rare albums unload for current/recent market high dollar value well before the new presses hit the shelves, making the new owners less likely to part with the copies for much less. Its a toss up as to how they pan out, like first and second presses of YFW still go for in excess of $100 time after time even with another, what, 3000 copies of the album introduced into the market. On the flip side, Hum's YPAA went for a ton of money, so much that I traded an OP of De-Loused for it back in the day, but now that SRC repressed a few thousand more the OPs barely move at even around $50. 

Benjamin Button disease. Everything after IR sounds like it was written 7 years before SWYA by a 14 year old Chris.

wouldn't people like it more if it was written by 14 old Chris? Everyone seems to only be a fan of the material when he was 17-18, so 14 can only make it better right?

what ever happened to a 2nd press of S/T? I know there was issues and they were apparently working on it?

I called EVR this week. Suzanne said they have them, they are done, they just aren't shipping them yet. should be this month. couldn't give m any more of an explanation. 

They like, just repressed Sound The Alarm on Orange and I've seen it for decent prices  http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=VAG433

not sure if it sounds bad, maybe you're confusing with the press of S/T, which was awful.

S/T was supposed to be repressed. that's what he's talking about.