VC's 30 Days of Fright! Film Festival 2 (2015)

A lot of F-bombs on the last few posts. I like it.  B)

I'm curious as to which remakes you think are better than the originals. Only because I know you have pretty good taste when it comes to movies. The only one I can think of, and many people will disagree with me on, is the Evil Dead remake. I really enjoyed that one, but I watched the remake before I saw the original so maybe that affected my opinion of it. 

I'm very passionate about film, if that isn't already clear, hahaha ;)

Ok, here we go...

~The Hills Have Eyes (one of the best horror remakes & horror films imo)

Once the camper scene starts, the intensity in this film is ramped up to 11. The score, the violence, the directing... it's just a force to be reckoned with. When I need an adrenaline shot (& if I'm out of coke.... jk jk jk!) I watch that film. It's exactly what I want in a hardcore horror film... super violent, high-charged, & catharsis (sort of) @ the end. I don't mind going through some horrible shit if there's retribution for it.

~Last House on the Left & I Spit on Your Grave (see the last 5 pages or so :D )

~Piranha

Just balls-out gory fun. Ridiculous & sexy. What I wanted in the original, I got in spades in the remake.

~Evil Dead (kind of)

The tone is so diff in the remake than the original. Like rambo said with the tongue-in-cheek aspects. They set out to make a (yes, I'm using this term again lol) hardcore possession/demon/bloodfest flick & they succeeded more than I ever could have imagined. I love both films with all my heart, but the remake I go to more when I'm in the mood. It's 90 minutes of awesome.

I know there's more....

I can't think completely straight at work.

I agree 100 on the hills have eyes. I don't know about being better but Evil Dead and Dawn of the dead remakes are on the same level.

The DOTD remake is def a solid flick. Like, wow you guys actually made a quality, bloody, funny, intense zombie flick while retaining enough elements of the original. It's a great movie.

But the original is in my top 5 of all time, & the remake would maybe make the top 100.

My blood boils thinking about the remake. THEY CHANGED THE NECRONOMICON. THEY HAD SO MANY CHANCES TO GIVE HER A CHAINSAW HAND. FUCK THAT MOVIE.

You make it sound like Bruce Campbell, Robert Tapers, and Sam Raimi weren't directly involved with it.

If anything it was more of a reboot, and a damn fine one. It won't get bastardized like Texas Chainsaw Massacre (fuck that 3D shit that came out in '13).

You should be taking this anger out on the Halloween reboot(s). Rob Zombie can make quality horror but both those movies were dumb as hell.

I haven't seen it yet but I'm pretty excited to see it since it's out on DVD and blu-ray. I've heard it wasn't very good, but it looked alright from the previews. Plus I loved the first 2. I might've even liked the 2nd one more.

It was decent. Much slower pace than the first 2. I imagine cuz there wasn't a lot of plot. Some good jump scares, but not nearly as creepy as the others. I love Insidious, the sequel was really good, & this was clearly the 3rd film in a series. But def check it out. I'll watch every Insidious flick until the franchise dies a slow, weezy death.

Just finished Martyrs. I really love that movie even with how fucked up it is. It makes you think, and brings out a lot of emotion while still being a solid horror film. 

I'm going to watch it this month, as I finally got Netflix, and more so cuz you & KD are recommending it so strongly. I'll just cover my face a lot :P  

It's certainly heavy on the senseless violence, and not liking to see women get hurt for no reason didn't make this an easy watch, but it was a great film. My wife loved it, and based on her really violent past and childhood full of abuse, I totally saw how she made it through that from her explaining the psychology of separation like she uses in the movie.

I had never heard of this one before getting in this thread, and based on the wiki description, it's going to remain that way

I have it, I just haven't watched it yes. I don't know anything about it, but since so many people are against it's making me want to see it. Might have to check it out today.

I have it, I just haven't watched it yes. I don't know anything about it, but since so many people are against it's making me want to see it. Might have to check it out today.

Like I said, I've seen it 3 or 4 times. I only own the original release though. I want to buy the uncut blu-ray but it's pretty expensive.

But yeah. Definitely fucked up.