VC's 30 Days of Fright! Film Festival 2 (2015)

Nice pick Lauryn. Always been fascinated with true crime, & it was very interesting & unsettling to hear the back stories of American urban legends & horror films. Don't know if i ever would have stumbled across Killer Legends otherwise, so glad you recommended it.

A little disappointed they didn't use some Killer Klowns From Outer Space footage in the last segment, but I forgive them.

I gotta check out Cropsey some time. 

I wanted to puke from how anxious the movie made me. I was nearing an anxiety attack, the dread level was super high.

I know what you mean. My wife pointed out that I had been backing away from the tv in the office chair I sit in, at which point I noticed I had scooted back about 3 or 4 feet... Loved it!

Nice pick Lauryn. Always been fascinated with true crime, & it was very interesting & unsettling to hear the back stories of American urban legends & horror films. Don't know if i ever would have stumbled across Killer Legends otherwise, so glad you recommended it.

A little disappointed they didn't use some Killer Klowns From Outer Space footage in the last segment, but I forgive them.

I gotta check out Cropsey some time. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I absolutely love true crime/serial killer/urban legend type stuff. Cropsey is pretty good too. Has the same tone as Killer Legends, but a little creepier in the way the story unfolds. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I absolutely love true crime/serial killer/urban legend type stuff. Cropsey is pretty good too. Has the same tone as Killer Legends, but a little creepier in the way the story unfolds. 

I got so pissed last night when the babysitter segment started & netflix started crapping out. Apparently when charging my laptop, streaming goes to shit :mellow:.

Will check Cropsey out this month for sure. I always thought it was related to a 1981 slasher called The Burning (good flick), cuz that's the killer's name. Come to find out it was a doc.

I'm regards to Creep, if you were the Aaron, and you had this bizzare encounter, wouldn't you just move when Josef started sending shit to your home? I would have fallen off the grid.

I kept asking my wife "at what point do you involve the authorities?". She was suspicious 5 minutes into it saying "I would never have gone alone..."

I kept asking my wife "at what point do you involve the authorities?". She was suspicious 5 minutes into it saying "I would never have gone alone..."

And when he did finally call the police and they didn't care, why the hell didn't he take a trip down to a sporting goods store and buy a shotgun? Hell, even a baseball bat! Josef was creepy as hell but not really intimidating. Aaron coulda shook him in a scuffle.

And when he did finally call the police and they didn't care, why the hell didn't he take a trip down to a sporting goods store and buy a shotgun? Hell, even a baseball bat! Josef was creepy as hell but not really intimidating. Aaron coulda shook him in a scuffle.

Yea if he managed to get away from that crazy bastard at that vacation home then he wasn't obviously that bad ass alone. You know in the real world the cops would look at those dvd's and be out looking for that guy. And maybe some curtains or blinds for those wide open windows and door panels? lol

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. Going outside to investigate a sound when a dude just sent you a locket with photos of the both of you in it that was stitched inside a wolf puppy was a rookie move.

I did enjoy the final scene quite a bit though. It was shot nicely and was very tense.

My wife was yelling at him lol. "Dumbass, now he's in your house!!!!!"

The most tense moment to me was when they were in the house and he was wearing the mask and standing in front of the door and he ask if he's going to let him go. When he shakes his head no, I swear my stomach jumped lol

Please don't read if you haven't watched & are going to watch Martyrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after reading about it, it's one of the more original horror films I've heard of. But I won't be able to handle the child abuse/torture, & the end where the girl is flayed alive. I've seen the images from the film & doubt I could actually watch it happening without turning it off. I wish it was 10 years ago.... I'd watch it in a second.

Holy shit just this description made me cringe

The Houses October Built make me never want to go to a Haunted House ever again. That's some scary shit. 

I really liked this one too and I didn't like those things before hand, and am sure not about to seek them out now 

Did some good watching today! I watched Phantasm, The Evil Dead, and The Sentinel. Phantasm and Evil Dead got me pumped for the newest incarnations that are coming soon, and The Sentinel holds up very well. That cast is unreal for typical horror fare.

Last night I attended a double feature of Halloween 4 and 5 on original 35mm print!

I am giving Cherry Falls a watch today, the scream factory announcement yesterday made me want to go revisit the film.

You participating in our "film festival"? Cause if you're marching by the beat of your own drum there's a standalone horror thread.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/84323-the-official-horror-fan-topic/

Yay! Glad you guys enjoyed HOB :) The ending was a bit meh, but there was enough scary ass shit in it for me to add it to my future October horror lists. That doll face girl & the Feaster Bunny... yikes.

If anyone hasn't seen Re-Animator, do yourself a favor tonight & watch it! (fuck, watch it if you have seen it.... a classic)

& it's awesome that the GreatGreenOne picked it ;)