PO soon: Death Grips - Government Plates Black Friday excl. vinyl

They tweaked the cover a bit for the LP

deathgrips.jpg

Wow, they're experts at making the shittiest album art ever...

"Hey, for our next one, lets use a picture of a scratched pool light!  It'll be so deep!  And then for our Government Plates vinyl release, we can add a bunch of shitty 1995 rendered graphics over the original art!"

Wow, they're experts at making the shittiest album art ever...

"Hey, for our next one, lets use a picture of a scratched pool light!  It'll be so deep!  And then for our Government Plates vinyl release, we can add a bunch of shitty 1995 rendered graphics over the original art!"

i honestly feel they just dont give a fuck

i honestly feel they just dont give a fuck

I'm sure I'll piss off fanboys but it seems like their last few releases reflect that mentality (as did their touring schedule and performances).  

Exmilitary was unique and unprecedented.  Then came The Money Store, which wasn't even close.  Then NLDW, which was good only because of the hype surrounding it.  Then it was all downhill from there...

I'm sure I'll piss off fanboys but it seems like their last few releases reflect that mentality (as did their touring schedule and performances).  

Exmilitary was unique and unprecedented.  Then came The Money Store, which wasn't even close.  Then NLDW, which was good only because of the hype surrounding it.  Then it was all downhill from there...

I went to their last show ever and it was great, I had an awesome time.

As far as trying to piss off fanboys I'm pretty sure they realize Death Grips don't give no fucks. I've enjoyed all of their releases so far. How is an album good only because of the hype? "Nah man NLDW was bad, but because people hyped it, it's actually good." How do you go downhill from having only 4 releases in the span of 2 years?

I went to their last show ever and it was great, I had an awesome time.

As far as trying to piss off fanboys I'm pretty sure they realize Death Grips don't give no fucks. I've enjoyed all of their releases so far. How is an album good only because of the hype? "Nah man NLDW was bad, but because people hyped it, it's actually good." How do you go downhill from having only 4 releases in the span of 2 years?

"NLDW was good because of the hype" meaning it was mediocre and people only see it as a good release because of the hype surrounding it.

And you can definitely go downhill from having 4 releases.  You can go downhill by having only 2 releases.  If your sophomore album and onward are progressively worse, it's a downhill slope.

sad news.. my shop didnt get any in (no chvrches either) so no black friday for me.

if anyone grabs a (extra) copy they dont want I'd be happy to buy/trade for it.

Still thinking the limited to 900 is in regards to the silly licence plate and that a version without will be readily available shorty.

Yeah, my shop is pretty small/low-key, so I'm kinda doubting I'll be able to get my hands on this. But, if everyone's fairly positive about a non-limited version to follow, I can probably wait it out.

Thing is, I really want that stamped license plate...

So, if anyone who picks this up doesn't give two shits about the plate, PM me and we'll make a deal.

Again, if anyone could pick this up for me, you would be the greatest person ever.

who the heck is going to waste their black friday shopping for someone else besides their immediate friends/family. Don't get me wrong there are a few people here I'd go fishing for, but on a limited release day asking some strangers?

how RSD all works. Imagine the craziest vinyl record nerds/flippers/fan boys in a particular city all in one place. It's sorta nuts man. One minute you're in line, talking having a blast. The next thing you know you're allowed in the store, then boom, hands everywhere. Fucking have you ever watched Fists of the North Star? It's like + records. It's not as easy as just picking up a record at the store especially RSD. I'm not trying to be a jerk. But it looks like it's a simple ask on a forum kind of gig for you.

Think about it this way man. It's the day after Thanksgiving and some people either have to go back to work later in the day or are out shopping on their own free time for people they really love and care about. If you want a legitimate response, you're gonna have to throw some good money out there for someone to surrogate you a spot in line and by good money I mean put your offerings with your post

who the heck is going to waste their black friday shopping for someone else besides their immediate friends/family. Don't get me wrong there are a few people here I'd go fishing for, but on a limited release day asking some strangers?

how RSD all works. Imagine the craziest vinyl record nerds/flippers/fan boys in a particular city all in one place. It's sorta nuts man. One minute you're in line, talking having a blast. The next thing you know you're allowed in the store, then boom, hands everywhere. Fucking have you ever watched Fists of the North Star? It's like + records. It's not as easy as just picking up a record at the store especially RSD. I'm not trying to be a jerk. But it looks like it's a simple ask on a forum kind of gig for you.

Think about it this way man. It's the day after Thanksgiving and some people either have to go back to work later in the day or are out shopping on their own free time for people they really love and care about. If you want a legitimate response, you're gonna have to throw some good money out there for someone to surrogate you a spot in line and by good money I mean put your offerings with your post

I'll offer someone a fair price +shipping.. or a mutually agreeable trade.. or i'll wait and miss out on the licence plate.. better?