PO: Fall Out Boy Disney 7"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've been here for awhile and still dont know how to masterfully operate the search function, but the new FOB album is dropping tomorrow, and I haven't seen much discussion around it. Any details?

For Record Store Day 2015, in April:

Fall Out Boy American Beauty/American Psycho (6x7" BOX SET) SRP: $45.98

My reaction is… Jesus Christ! $46?! A box set for that album? I was wondering why it wasn't coming out on vinyl when they announced all the pre-orders. I've only listened to it a few times but I doubt it'll ever grow on me enough to spend almost $50 on it.

I haven't heard anything other than Centuries, I wasn't overly impressed. I'm glad they were able to reinvent themselves, but I have been losing interest. Save Rock and Roll was cool, and if anyone thinks the new album is worth picking up let me know. I'm just surprised this places hasn't been buzzing more about the album.

So FOB take their crappiest record to date, make it their most expensive release on vinyl, then go on the weirdest tour seen by man kind to support it. Whoever is making this bands business decisions needs to really think about quitting the pot.

(This is coming from a fan of FOB FYI)

So FOB take their crappiest record to date, make it their most expensive release on vinyl, then go on the weirdest tour seen by man kind to support it. Whoever is making this bands business decisions needs to really think about quitting the pot.

My GF still thinks that SR&R sounds like Katy Perry. LOL

I haven't heard anything other than Centuries, I wasn't overly impressed. I'm glad they were able to reinvent themselves, but I have been losing interest. Save Rock and Roll was cool, and if anyone thinks the new album is worth picking up let me know. I'm just surprised this places hasn't been buzzing more about the album.

Personally, I have enjoyed everything the band has done to date. I still look forward to their releases and was excited for AB/AP but I heard the four (or five) tracks that they released / leaked before the album leaked in full and I was only impressed with one of them and then I heard it all together and I was still very meh. I think the majority of people feel the same way which is why it isn't buzzing. If this was a standard release of $20-ish, I'd get it keep up my FOB discography but not for almost $50.

I said something similar to this regarding the tour on APnet and they jumped over talking about how I must be clueless, don't get it out, ect and just because I don't like it that FOB isn't still huge and the latest single went platinum, they where all over college footbAll for the bowl / playoffs. But I'm just like Ehh, really? Okay. Whatever. lol. The tours strange, the new album isn't very good but I'll see be going to see them on it.

Personally, I have enjoyed everything the band has done to date. I still look forward to their releases and was excited for AB/AP but I heard the four (or five) tracks that they released / leaked before the album leaked in full and I was only impressed with one of them and then I heard it all together and I was still very meh. I think the majority of people feel the same way which is why it isn't buzzing. If this was a standard release of $20-ish, I'd get it keep up my FOB discography but not for almost $50.

I said something similar to this regarding the tour on APnet and they jumped over talking about how I must be clueless, don't get it out, ect and just because I don't like it that FOB isn't still huge and the latest single went platinum, they where all over college footbAll for the bowl / playoffs. But I'm just like Ehh, really? Okay. Whatever. lol. The tours strange, the new album isn't very good but I'll see be going to see them on it.

The new "fans" of FOB are the fans that like justin bieber but needed something to move onto and FOB was that thing. They will destroy you for saying anything harsh about them. Its ridiculous! 

The new "fans" of FOB are the fans that like justin bieber but needed something to move onto and FOB was that thing. They will destroy you for saying anything harsh about them. Its ridiculous!

Haha.

Is there a thread for the new album? I searched and all that was coming up for that was this thread.

I think this is the only one recent Fall Out Boy thread as I haven't seen any others. Lol.

Not a huge FOB fan but they have worked with rappers multiple times before (Big Sean, Timbaland, Lil Wayne etc) so I'm confused as to why this is such a stretch.

Also if anyone wants to hear the album the whole thing is on YouTube.

Not a huge FOB fan but they have worked with rappers multiple times before (Big Sean, Timbaland, Lil Wayne etc) so I'm confused as to why this is such a stretch.

Also if anyone wants to hear the album the whole thing is on YouTube.

In the past though it was either the rapper was just in a very small part of the song (ie Big sean or Jay-Z), or the rapper was just an opener for them (ie Paul Wall or 50 Cent). This is different in the sense that they are co-headlining the tour, and not to mention even the opening act is a rapper. It just feels like FOB was an after though. 

In the past though it was either the rapper was just in a very small part of the song (ie Big sean or Jay-Z), or the rapper was just an opener for them (ie Paul Wall or 50 Cent). This is different in the sense that they are co-headlining the tour, and not to mention even the opening act is a rapper. It just feels like FOB was an after though.

I wouldn't call them an afterthought. Centuries is everywhere and they haven't been bigger. I do sense their day 1 fans feel like they are leaving them behind. Wiz is topping the charts with Dem Boyz too. I think it's a good move to expose other people to their music who wouldn't stereotypically listen to them.

AB/AP is by far my least favorite FOB album. I like Centuries and AB/AP but that pretty much it. Immortals is my least favorite song on the album because I can't hear any instruments being played on the song and it just sounds really computerized and really really poppy and every other song on the album is pretty much meh. Save Rock and Roll to me was pretty good but AB/AP (to me) is pretty bad.

EDIT: Was on the FOB reddit page and someone mentioned the album version of Immortals is different than the one from Big Hero 6. Is that true?