Awesome Goodwill Finds

• 4 months later...

Just found this

I don't know of this band, but when I looked them up these were the original members that signed it. Not sure what's on the record though since there are blank labels on each side. Apparently it's some emo alternative country group and they were signed to victory at one point

2ldkmqa.jpg

*EDIT* It's their 2005 album late night conversation, listened to the first few minutes and Googled the lyrics. Although I guess I can't be too sure of the tracklisting after that one song

Amazing album

not vinyl related but;

it seems target is dumping clearanced out merchandise to goodwills lately. they must be clearing stock.

i picked up some nice current and past gen games at solid prices. among other things they had. so check it out

I worked at Goodwill back in high school; they've done this for years. I definitely scored some solid stuff

My greatest find was an original press of Pink Floyd DSOM in a charity shop over here. Original posters and stickers (I think) vinyl was clean and shining. I sold it as though I love the LP, I wanted the money. This was in the wilderness years about a decade ago when nobody was buying. Got about 20 quid I think.

Recently picked up about 35 Tori Amos singles and bootlegs for $0.49 a disc. The price tags on the boots ranged from $24.99 to $79.99. It's crazy that people used to pay that much for bootleg CD's.

A couple days later found Tyondai Braxton's first album that included a signed hand written note to a couple he had given it to. Crazy that the note stayed with the CD for ten years in a digipack and made it to my local Goodwill intact.

• 2 months later...

Had an amazing find yesterday.  Somebody had just dropped off a collection of a couple hundred LPs and 45s.  All of the LPs were almost immaculate and had all of the original sleeves, inserts, posters, etc.  A few even had old newspaper clippings related to the records in them.  The highlight were five Leadbelly albums including the Last Session Vol 1 & 2 boxes, all pretty much mint and both worth about $50 a piece if not $100.  I bought about 50 albums and 50 45s.  The 45s were in rougher shape because they were just piled in a box with no sleeves, but found some Beatles, Zeppelin, Ella Fitzgerald, & Doors.

I never thought it would happen, but I was just there at the right time.  

I found a bunch of sealed kiss records and tapes from the 80's a few weeks ago. It made me wonder if a collector died and they got donated or an angry parent, that didn't want their kids listening to "devil music", died and they got donated. I guess I'll never know...

Yeah I often wonder the backstory when I come across really nice finds.  I usually figure its kids cleaning out a parents house and think "oh hey, a bunch of worthless records.  That's why I love estate sales

Found a 1st pressing of Ramones "Leave Home" with Carbona Not Glue and the original printed sleeves and Rolling Stones "Between The Buttons" mono at the ARC last week (local non-profit thrift store that helps people with developmental disabilities) I think they charged $4 each but for VG+ copies I'll take it.