Awesome Goodwill Finds

ha! You are drowning in luck compared to me. The coolest shit I've ever found is like REO Speedwagon. LOTS of Bennett and Sinatra...fucking New England...

haha that's the type of stuff I see about 99% of the time. And Mantovani, Herb Alpert and the like. I check every time in hopes of SOMETHING but there are a lot of dudes that frequent the yard sales and thrift stores for anything worthwhile.

haha that's the type of stuff I see about 99% of the time. And Mantovani, Herb Alpert and the like. I check every time in hopes of SOMETHING but there are a lot of dudes that frequent the yard sales and thrift stores for anything worthwhile.

I don't have time for that nonsense. I gotta "work" like I am right now...

Never found anything noteworthy at any Goodwills here, but I once scored some good finds at Unique Thrift store (Chicagoland chain) for $.50 each:

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (peach double LP) mint!  Probably my favorite find ever.

Daft Punk - Homework  near mint

The Beatles 1962-66 Double LP  EX

The Motown Story 5LP box set  VG

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory (not a fan, but hey, it earned me an easy $100 online!) EX

Never found anything noteworthy at any Goodwills here, but I once scored some good finds at Unique Thrift store (Chicagoland chain) for $.50 each:

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (peach double LP) mint!  Probably my favorite find ever.

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory (not a fan, but hey, it earned me an easy $100 online!) EX

:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  Some people just have all the damn luck! 

My girlfriend's little sister found a copy of Dr. Dre's The Chronic today. Only wanted it for the pot leaf on the center label. She put the record in another jacket to hide it from her mom. Needless to say once she left I took it. I went back in to find the original jacket, but couldn't find it. Not sure if it even had one to begin with. Still pretty cool find tho. Maybe I'll give it back to her as a Christmas present.

Was the motown story set the one with the introductions to each song by smokey robinson? Such a fantastic set I lost mine in a break up

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this

I don't know of this band, but when I looked them up these were the original members that signed it. Not sure what's on the record though since there are blank labels on each side. Apparently it's some emo alternative country group and they were signed to victory at one point

2ldkmqa.jpg

*EDIT* It's their 2005 album late night conversation, listened to the first few minutes and Googled the lyrics. Although I guess I can't be too sure of the tracklisting after that one song

I'd be very interested in that album. If you're interested in trading it.

Just found this

I don't know of this band, but when I looked them up these were the original members that signed it. Not sure what's on the record though since there are blank labels on each side. Apparently it's some emo alternative country group and they were signed to victory at one point

2ldkmqa.jpg

Just found this

2ldkmqa.jpg

*EDIT* It's their 2005 album late night conversation, listened to the first few minutes and Googled the lyrics. Although I guess I can't be too sure of the tracklisting after that one song

Wow! Bought literally the same exact thing from eBay for $31 last year. I wonder how many of these are out there. 

• 1 month later...